Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mirror Casing

Gordie

I knocked off the driver's door mirror at the jet wash this morning, totally my fault. The top clips are broken so I need a new one but apparantly Toyota only sell complete mirrors now, I only need the casing in Vivid Blue, the rest (expensive part) of the mirror is fine. Is this the case with all dealers? Any advice greatly appreciated.

Send a pm to Parts-King, giving details of your car (reg.no as a minimum) and stating what you want, and he will provide a price and confirm whether just the casing is available. You will need the colour code, not the name of the colour.

Correct, the outer casing is discontinued

1 hour ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Send a pm to Parts-King, giving details of your car (reg.no as a minimum) and stating what you want, and he will provide a price and confirm whether just the casing is available. You will need the colour code, not the name of the colour.

Thanks very much for that, I'll do that once I find out the paint code. I might have to end up getting a second hand one.

6 minutes ago, lani100 said:

Correct, the outer casing is discontinued

That's what I thought but I'll keep trying.

Just bought the coloured outer wing mirror casing for 1.5 Yaris design from Vantage Preston £35

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ICF said:

Just bought the coloured outer wing mirror casing for 1.5 Yaris design from Vantage Preston £35

That's great, it's very encouraging. My car is 2006 so I hope somewhere will have one, I've had a bit of hope on here so that's good.

Parts availability depends on what Yaris

MK1 Is only available as a complete unit

Mk2 covers are available RH 87915-0D901 - Primered or 87915-0D030 Black texture not paintable

MK3 Covers are available

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Devon Aygo said:

Parts availability depends on what Yaris

MK1 Is only available as a complete unit

Mk2 covers are available RH 87915-0D901 - Primered or 87915-0D030 Black texture not paintable

MK3 Covers are available

I checked again with my dealer and they confirmed that I can buy the casing for £35 and another £46 to have it painted. I might look into the listing stantheman found, I don't mnd the cost of the casing but the painting seems a bit much. Thanks to everyone who commented. 🙂

Be cheaper to buy two black casings, one for each side.

1 minute ago, bathtub tom said:

Be cheaper to buy two black casings, one for each side.

I had thought of that, my neighbour has a new Peugeot and it the mirrors are a different colour from the rest of the car.

....Just make sure first that it fits your car as it maybe a 'Jap' or 'French' part only.

Just now, stantheman1 said:

....Just make sure first that it fits your car as it maybe a 'Jap' or 'French' part only.

That's a good point, mine is French built.

Cheaper still to re-attach the original cover with a few dabs of 'No more nails' or similar. The clips broke on the drivers side mirror cover of my Auris some time in 2014 and it has been held on with adhesive ever since!

• Like 1