Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Reversing Sensors.

Chris Dance

The reversing sensors on my Gen 4 have stopped working. Checked the switch in the boot; that was ON. In the end booked the car into the dealers this afternoon, they could not trace the fault. They want the car for a whole day on Thursday. They have to take the rear end spoiler off to check everything I was told. The cars reversing sensors were fitted by the dealer when the car was new.. Any ideas on what the fault could be? Am I correct in thinking if one sensor does not work none of the others will work. I am hoping the fault is fixed under warranty. The car is just over two years old and very low mileage.

As far as I'm aware, accessories fitted when the car was new and before delivery, are covered under the 5 year/100,000 mile new car warranty. Accessories fitted after delivery are covered by the 1 year warranty.

They were fitted by dealer; prior to delivery. Thanks for reply. Hopefully will find out tomorrow what the fault is. 

Got the car back from the dealers today. Fault was the reversing sensors ECU. (The brains of the sensors). Work was carried out under warranty.

• Like 1

Glad they sorted it for you FOC Chris. 👍

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links