Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris touch 2 go connectivity

robc123

Have everything connected and working fine except for the internet connectivity. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy5 phone with the Yaris Hybrid Icon Tech. When we tried to connect with my friend's (oldish) iPhone it just worked. Surely it isn't incompatible with android phones?

No, works on mine with Android.

Have you enabled data sharing/ hotspot etc. on your phone?

Not sure of exact problem ?

are you saying “cannot pair with samsung” or you can but not then connect to internet ?

If former .. I would suggest clearing everything on unit and phone and starting again.

Everything works between phone/touch 2 go except internet connection. I receive emails and texts on the info screen. Had hotspot on phone on.

Everything works between phone/touch 2 go except internet connection. I receive emails and texts on the info screen. Had hotspot on phone on.
You said above "Had hotspot on phone on.". This is implying that you are expecting to get an Internet connection via the phone's WiFi yes? That's not how the touch 2 go works. It expects to get its Internet connection via a tethered bluetooth connection on the phone. This is usually a separate section in settings. Not familiar with Samsung phones but this is how it looks on a Google Pixel 2 XL... ("tethering") 769510ff900687d5ff65120b691ffcf9.jpgbfe3cf20448ad513bef08c3da61634d4.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Does your tariff allow tethering ?

Are you meaning me or the OP?

Sorry...I was asking OP...

Not all sim tariffs allow tethering, I thought that could be the problem.

I'll have another go.

My tariff allows tethering. So if I've understood CPN correctly I need to make sure bluetooth is on and connected to touch 2go and also tethering. Will try later. Thanks to all for the help.

• Like 1

I set it up as advised but when I tried to go to streetview as a test I got the Oops screen so now need to check out my toyota log in but pretty sure I had it correct.

Screenshot_20190502-111018_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20190502-111131_Samsung Experience Home.jpg

screen.jpg

Check for upper/lower case variations of your ID. Seems to be a common issue with logging in at Toyota

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

@robc123...I notice in the screenshot that “mobile hotspot” is turned off.

is this the problem ?  Try turning it ON.

EDIT...Just read up and ..no, I’m wrong..that’s not needed...sorry for duff info.

I think hotspot should be off, bluetooth tetherIng on. I think it was my log in details that were wrong, will be re-checking later. Cheers.

32 minutes ago, robcmar said:

I think hotspot should be off,

if you are tethering over bluetooth it doesn't matter whether hotspot is on or off.

My dealer told me my phone Galaxy A5 2017 was too modern for my yaris 2018.

I download the Blue Car Thethering android-app and the internetconnection worked fine.

3 hours ago, CharmYaris said:

My dealer told me my phone Galaxy A5 2017 was too modern for my yaris 2018.

I download the Blue Car Thethering android-app and the internetconnection worked fine.

Be careful, you shouldn't need an extra app to perform bluetooth tethering. It is built into the Android OS and will appear as long as your contract permits it. (AFAIK, most providers in the UK have stopped charging extra for tethering now and it is available on most contracts as standard) 

I have just read through quite a lot of the reviews for "Blue Car Tethering" on the Google Play Store and I am at a total loss as to why MANY people think that bluetooth Tethering is not available on their Android phones! IT IS!! IT'S IN "NETWORK & INTERNET" SETTINGS! (and has been a standard built-in feature since Android v6.0... (It's in "Wireless & Networks", "More..." on 6.0.1)) ...and I have been using it in my Yaris Hybrid since 2014 using a Google Nexus 5 (OS v6.0.1) and now a Google Pixel 2XL (OS v9.0) that were both using Vodafone. Works 100% all of the time.

I set it up as advised but when I tried to go to streetview as a test I got the Oops screen so now need to check out my toyota log in but pretty sure I had it correct.

Have tried all advice offered and sorted out the problem with my username login etc. Still no connection to My Toyota.

May not be able to access Streetview - see 

29 minutes ago, robc123 said:

Have tried all advice offered and sorted out the problem with my username login etc. Still no connection to My Toyota.

When you say "no connection to My Toyota", what happens when you try to access one of the free ones like "weather" or "e-store"? (I always use "weather" to check whether I'm logged in and connected or not)

Weather and e works open fine. No streetview as it says it's no longer available. On the screen that has phone, internet and my toyota the internet icon is greyed out. When I try my toyota it doesn't connect.

I think you are misunderstanding something here Rob (either that or I am misunderstanding what you are trying to do!). If you are opening the e-store app on your head unit and it works fine, then you are already logged in to MyToyota fine also since you cannot open e-store without being logged in. You can't actually open "MyToyota" on your head unit.

4 hours ago, robc123 said:

Weather and e works open fine. No streetview as it says it's no longer available. On the screen that has phone, internet and my toyota the internet icon is greyed out. When I try my toyota it doesn't connect.

Rob, could you take a photo of the screen in your car that you are on about and post it here?