matrixprofessor

Options for protecting catalytic converters?

Just wondering...

What are the options for protecting catalytic converters?

I can only find one single supplier in the UK.

In the USA, there is only one as well - they sell the same kit.

I have seem 2 posts elsewhere, where they add a grid underneath. Anyone have any experience of this?

Thanks.

See link in 

Protection against  thieves? Well, it used to be called the law but then all sorts of protectional  clap trap was introduced by do-gooders and found more easy to enforce than actually stopping  the people from taking what doesn't belong to them. Now, you aren't allowed to give the individual who is helping themselves to your property a good pasting. Apparently, one of the most effective deterrents is prayer and the fear of being smited for ones sins by the almighty or in the case of prius catalytic converters, hope that God is looking and lets the jack slip.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

@wass I'm a peaceful person.

I would be very calm and collected normally.

But if I saw the thief in action taking my cat, I would have done serious damage, maybe trying to flatten my car while he was underneath + grab the metal bar his friends hold while he watches out looking like a thug.

But that would have been wrong.

Instead of them getting damage, I could have endangered my own life.

I don't know what the right answer is.

Maybe these thieves are brainless morons - slaves to a cruel master? Who know, just making it up.

Punishing the foot solidiers doesn't hurt the master behind the whole thing.

Things aren't always black and white.

EDIT: I'm now looking into making my own protection solution to sell to others. I know I would have really appreciated having. I thought about it many times. I never got off my backside and did anything. I'd seen loads of videos galore of the thieves. My nephew had his stolen in a fairly busy open shopping car park. I never took any positive actions to protect my own cat.

1 hour ago, matrixprofessor said:

I'm now looking into making my own protection solution to sell to others.

Just as a heads up, unless you become an authorised trader, you won't be able to sell via Toyota Owners Club.

See also: