Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 Rav 4 - delivery - lead times - order to delivery

AdrianRot

6 minutes ago, Ezcritique said:

Also... Has anyone heard if Toyota will retro upgrade Carplay/Auto when it rolls out in Europe? I understand that it's been agreed as a free upgrade in Australia which I thought was pretty decent. Im kinda hoping we'll get the same offer in the UK but nobody appears to know the official line??

You need to contact Toyota GB.

1 hour ago, Ezcritique said:

Anyone know where I can get decent oem mudflaps? 

Some Toyota dealers have their own eBay stores and there is also the Official Toyota Store on eBay

Some Toyota dealers have their own ebay stores and there is also the Official Toyota Store on ebay
I blagged a set for mine, in the deal.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

On 5/21/2019 at 9:44 AM, Tomfromfife said:

I ordered my 2019 RAV4 AWD in February and quoted May/June. 

Last week Toyota customer services said it was on a Vehicle Carrier ship heading for the UK with the port arrival as 23rd/24th May. The RAV4 I believe is manufactured in Nagoya in Japan, so looking at the shipping tracking sites there is a vehicle transport ship coming from Nagoya to Avonmouth, which is where Toyotas land in the UK, via Barcelona. The ship is the Altair Leader and is currently passing southern Spain heading to the Staights of Gibraltar.

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:-5.9/centery:36.4/zoom:9

Enter Altair Leader in the search box

Or

http://alltrack.org/9539171-432817000-vessel-altair-leader-tracking

Once it arrives at the the UK port the cars go to the Toyota area and have any packages fitted that are installed at the port such as the Protection Pack, then transported to the dealers, by road I assume.

52FF6CA9-D618-4D1A-9633-D0FBF536EC72.jpeg

There is another vehicle carrier, DAEDALUS LEADER, coming from Nagoya, Japan due to dock at Avonmouth on the 25th May

• Like 1

Just got an e-mail from the dealer and delivery was pushed from September to October, apparently still waiting a build slot.

4 hours ago, SponsorUK said:

Just got an e-mail from the dealer and delivery was pushed from September to October, apparently still waiting a build slot.

When did you place your order?

my order was placed early March 2wd Excel told June then July then put back till October changed to awd now 12th  August the dealer was saying more awd were being made . Also mentioned they were selling there RAV4  quarterly quoter in less than a week  

Vehicle carrier, Altair Leader on the horizon en route from Nagoya Toyota Plant in Japan to Avonmouth, off of Ilfracombe this afternoon.

ETA Avonmouth at 17:30 to 20:30 today. If you are due a delivery soon it’s probably on this boat although another vehicle carrier is due tomorrow in Avonmouth from Nagoya.

Photos from live webcam at Ilfracombe but mist at sea.

AADF9A98-6285-4355-81CF-3393C11FCC12.jpeg

9E52F8FE-ECC0-4FA4-9739-3F7D6553FAFA.jpeg

• Like 1

I happen to live nearby, and like to fly drones; so here are some fresh pictures. Cars are unloading as we speak.. Hopefully ours are here somewhere 🙂

org_c9869c77289e6414_1558768496000.jpg

org_5e661724361335bc_1558768538000.jpg

org_894196e45f72a066_1558768666000.jpg

org_67e8f5dcf0e12d98_1558768702000.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

seems this is quite a common problem with Toyota at the moment I ordered my corolla tourer in February and have had several delivery dates each one later than the last, now the car has arrived at the dealers and I have been told that corollas & camry's are being blocked from delivery & registration by Toyota but they do not know why, customer services always refer me back to the dealer who does not have the amswers

Brilliant photos of the port. Thanks AdrianRot

1 hour ago, jan fossil said:

seems this is quite a common problem with Toyota at the moment I ordered my corolla tourer in February and have had several delivery dates each one later than the last, now the car has arrived at the dealers and I have been told that corollas & camry's are being blocked from delivery & registration by Toyota but they do not know why, customer services always refer me back to the dealer who does not have the amswers

The Rav4 doesn't seem to be affected by this issue, as some members have had theirs, and in some cases earlier than the quoted delivery dates.

In the case of the Camry customer orders were available from 1st April, with the first customer deliveries from 1st July.

Hi All I ordered my Rav4 Design on the 14th May and have been given a delivery date of 15th October. I hope this helps. 

My car was unloaded from the ship at Portbury dock, Bristol on the 24th but it is still showing delivery to the dealer as 10th to 29th June. It seems to take longer to go through the port and deliver to the dealer than to ship from Japan to the UK. Looks like Toyota need to improve their UK port logistics!

there seems to be an issue with all cvt equipped vehicles, my corolla has still not been released from the dealers despite it sitting there with its registration plates on everyone is blaming each other (no straight answer) but I noticed that there is quite a stir going on in US & Australia with recalls for failure of cvt gearbox failure which the dealer denies knowing about

19 minutes ago, jan fossil said:

there seems to be an issue with all cvt equipped vehicles,

The issue doesn't relate to all CVT. In Australia it is only the 2.0 litre petrol Corolla with the Direct Shift CVT that is affected. See https://www.toyota.com.au/news/toyota-australia-recalls-corolla-vehicles-to-replace-cvt-assembly

8 hours ago, jan fossil said:

there seems to be an issue with all cvt equipped vehicles, my corolla has still not been released from the dealers despite it sitting there with its registration plates on everyone is blaming each other (no straight answer) but I noticed that there is quite a stir going on in US & Australia with recalls for failure of cvt gearbox failure which the dealer denies knowing about

& in the UK you can't buy an ICE/CVT auto Corolla as you can in the US (don't know about Oz) - the transmission in hybrid Toyotas available here isn't really a CVT in the normal sense but a planetary gear set.

8 hours ago, jan fossil said:

Got an email from my dealer this morning, my Corolla TS was delivered this morning, pick it up tomorrow afternoon.  I would complain to the dealership manager!

On 22nd May Toyota GB informed dealers that they had placed a temporary hold on all deliveries/registrations of Corolla Hybrid & Camry the issue has been corrected and dealers notified this afternoon that the "hold" was no longer in place and deliveries/registrations could continue.

My Rav4 arrived as expected (last weekend); currently doing the PDI and registration, I'll collect it in a week as I'm away.

Exciting times! 🙂

22/03/19 car ordered AWD Excel, white, beige interior, JBL-PVM option - delivery "about June".

06/04/19 car is "in build", estimated at the dealership around 27 June (with usual caveat that these dates are somewhat fluid).

05/06/19 car is in UK, estimating arrival at dealer on 24 June (fingers crossed it turns up sooner)

Well... it's finally here, and got 62 MPG on its maiden voyage of 7 miles, through the city, to work:

image.thumb.png.85ca55ada249a4ea40ff1f31f7731c47.png

16/02/19 first test drive - at that point target delivery was 3rd of May

19/02/19 ordered: AWD Excel, white, white/silver interior, with towbar option - target delivery changed to "18th of May"

In April: target delivery changed to 28th of May

25/05/19: the Altair Leader and Daedalus Leader ships, inbound from Nagoya, arrive in the Avonmouth harbour (Bristol) and unload

31/05/19: car confirmed at dealer, requiring PDI and roof wrapping (we like the Dynamic look)

Today 10/06/19: car collected (finally!). It could have been a week earlier but I was away.

image.thumb.png.c4201f34cdb6622090e47fd5afec4a02.png

• Like 1

111 days (3 months and 22 days) between order and delivery.