Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2019 Rav 4 - delivery - lead times - order to delivery

AdrianRot

3 minutes ago, EMs Dad said:

...9 months for a car....that is ridiculous! ...

So you won't be interested in a Rolls Royce SUV, the Cullinan then  😂

Last update I saw was 2-3 months ago, and despite a minimum price of £250,000 (yes, £¼ million - but apparently almost all have so many options selected they cost a lot more) there was a 14 month wait - and that's despite the factory ramping up production levels at least 3 times!

8 minutes ago, PeteB said:

So you won't be interested in a Rolls Royce SUV, the Cullinan then  😂

Last update I saw was 2-3 months ago, and despite a minimum price of £250,000 (yes, £¼ million - but apparently almost all have so many options selected they cost a lot more) there was a 14 month wait - and that's despite the factory ramping up production levels at least 3 times!

In fairness I though for a minute I’d ordered a high performance car with a 9 month wait in total! 

Don't want to change, but feeling I may have to! 

Simon dealer told me order today earliest February March . Toyota has told dealers not to sell their demos as replacement  wont be till December 

1 minute ago, marlinleg said:

Simon dealer told me order today earliest February March . Toyota has told dealers not to sell their demos as replacement  wont be till December 

Thanks Martin... then I’ll be looking tomorrow for another company vehicle.... I get world wide orders have outstripped all expected demand... but they must now expect people will turn their attention to another car. 

Yes I can see were you are coming from if it’s tax Mitsubishi’s phev according to reports by leasing  company’s  85% Mitsubishi’s come back with there charging cable still unopened in the bag  my dentist has one swears by it but he only ever runs on electric 

The tax was the big incentive for an SUV and business driver. 105 co2 was a very cheap BIK tax deal which is why I think they’ve had so many orders from business users.

i do too many miles for a plug in.... that’s why I wanted a self charging hybrid! 

Gutted as I loved the car!  

36 minutes ago, EMs Dad said:

I’m considering cancelling my order tonight as that is just too long to wait! 

According to an earlier post, the delay is due to the order book being full - demand has outstripped supply. It is your choice whether to wait or cancel. Even if you spoke to Toyota, I think the story will remain the same, although if you cancel, it will free up a slot for someone else.

Just now, FROSTYBALLS said:

According to an earlier posy, the delay is due to the order book being full - demand has outstripped supply. It is your choice whether to wait or cancel. Evenif you spoke to Toyota, I think the story will remain the same.

Yup. Get that, but it’s Toyotas loss if I cancel, not mine. Why say the  order will be October and then move date back to Feb! Just not good service. 

Unfortunately, that's how it is. No manufacturer will shed a tear for the loss of one order, especially as the vehicle is in such high demand - and it isn't just the UK who have the same situation.

10 hours ago, EMs Dad said:

Why say the  order will be October and then move date back to Feb! Just not good service. 

It's not like VAG, BMW, Mercedes have ever done the same ... 😛

It seems that atm Toyota just can't make them fast enough for demand.

Unfortunately, that's how it is. No manufacturer will shed a tear for the loss of one order, especially as the vehicle is in such high demand - and it isn't just the UK who have the same situation.
My wife's cousin in Olympia, WA, USA.
Ordered in March, same time as me more or less, and had it in 2 days [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

47 minutes ago, daiashthomas said:

My wife's cousin in Olympia, WA, USA.
Ordered in March, same time as me more or less, and had it in 2 days

The US importer has a different distribution set up and they hold a lot of stock. If one goes on the US website, one can search the inventory of vehicles for the state you're in.

• Like 1

The US importer has a different distribution set up and they hold a lot of stock. If one goes on the US website, one can search the inventory of vehicles for the state you're in.
Plus they're only made over the border in Canada at the moment I believe.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

the US is the no.1 market for RAV4s - 400,000+ per annum sold vs 70,000 for the whole of Europe.

The US market runs differently to certainly the UK's - it's pretty much almost 100% buy from stock on the day as opposed to a high % of factory ordered builds.

• Like 1

On 4/25/2019 at 10:38 AM, Suky28 said:

Hi All,

I've finally been given a date for my car, ordered FWD design on 24th March and date I've been given is 12th July. So that's 3 1/2 months, I can't wait but why so long.

I've found out that if you order one now then it will be October, that is long. I'm sure people will buy something else if they hear that.

Hi Suky,

Do you know if you are getting your car in July, have you had confirmation?  I ordered mine 15th arch, was told June then July now being told 13th September.

Is it genuinely a case of underestimating demand or has production globally been stopped until issue with hybrid braking, which has gone public in Oz, is resolved.

It would make sense to take the hit now and get it fixed as there will be less vehicles for a potentially expensive and brand damaging recall. 

18 minutes ago, Ezcritique said:

Is it genuinely a case of underestimating demand or has production globally been stopped until issue with hybrid braking, which has gone public in Oz, is resolved.

Ask Toyota.

Yeah right, because they will be totally candid and forthcoming with the actual reality of the situation. 

Much the same as them not having a care in the world over losing the odd customer who is not  prepared to wait months for their vehicles, Toyota GB is unlikely to consider giving a straight answer to an individual applicant. 

If that's all you have to offer then save it... 

I am fairly certain that sales of the new RAV4 have been notably higher than of the old. Investigating the potential issue that appears to have surfaced in Oz may have exacerbated things re. delivery lead times but I think that it was already building.

Finally got my RAV4 today - AWD Excel, white, beige interior, JBL-PVM option  (ordered 22/03/19)

All good.  Been a busy day and I'm probably doing a 200 mile round trip hospital visit tomorrow, so a bit more info will follow after that.

No AWD Badge.

Tyres are Bridgstone, will confirm which ones later.

Full size wheel does indeed fit nicely under boot floor (thanks DaveKA) (although won't be able to insert floor in lower position, but its only and inch or so lower).  In the end I decided to order the spare wheel, and five Michelin Cross climates.  I'll put four into the dealer's store to be fitted November to March, and use the fifth as the spare.  Once the Bridgestones have worn out, I'll just use the Michelins all year round and dispense with the dealer's swapping and storage service.

• Like 1

I did the hospital visit today, travelling from the coast at the Norfolk/Suffolk border to the new Royal Papworth Hospital in the Addenbrooks Campus at Cambridge.

When I got home yesterday the ODO showed 54 miles (11 at delivery), and now reads 251.  I took it gently for the first 100 miles or so, and am still being fairly cautious now, limiting my speed to 60 on the clock (57 on GPS) with the drive in ECO most of the time and the Climate in ECO too.

Unlike my previous Toyotas, the cruise control's resume function can be selected from 10 mph or less, so I tend to let that manage most of my accelerating when on a major road. (Target speed can now be set as low as 18 mph, BTW - great for 20 mph zones).  Using Resume in ECO mode, it accelerates very gently, gaining more urgency if Normal or Sport are chosen.

I really enjoyed the drive (apart from missing the HUD), and found it very comfortable.  I already greatly value the all-round camera system.  Initially, I set it to always appear automatically at low speed, but found it irritating so I've switched it back to 'on demand'.

Yesterday's mpg was unrepresentative as I spent a lot of time in READY mode before leaving the forecourt while I went through the many user-definable options.  The dealer had taken care of the one dealer-only change I wanted, which was to enable the feature that opens and closes all windows (and moon roof it it had one) from outside the car by holding the unlock or lock remote button respectively (don't know why this isn't enabled by default).  One of the user changeable ones I altered myself was to make just the drivers door unlock at first touch of the handle or press of the unlock button, and the rest of the car on a second go.

On today's journey, with favourable weather and traffic on top of my moderate driving, the car averaged 54 mpg on the display, which allowing for the 5% average optimism I've calculated in all my other Toyotas gives 51.3, - I'm happy enough with that.  I don't expect to keep that up, as most of my journeys are short.

I brimmed the tank yesterday, and it's now showing just over two thirds full after 217 miles, and the display estimates 327 miles remaining.  I'll report further next time I full up, but won't consider the average truly representative until I've done several fills.

• Like 1

thank for the update Pete I am pleased you are enjoying the car I have 65miles on the clock as I have been away from home , mytoyota will not recognise the reg or vin number?? So I can’t get cracking with my car detail update on the Toyota site , I don’t know if it’s me ? I’ll get my dealer to set the window open close on key fob when I call in for the dash cam it’s on back order. I am going to start using Shell v power as I used to have a diesel car the pump price won’t hurt so much,  shell are offering £3 bonus for filling up 3 times £30 or more with v power it all helps . Gone are the days of 12p a gallon so has my first car insurance way way back I was 17 years old and it cost 7shillings 6p for a year (35p for our younger members) I remember well the insurance agent said that doesn’t cover your passengers 🙄 so put a notice in my  car, I had a piece of card board saying “passenger travel at their own risk” injury lawyers weren’t heard of, only lawyers we knew about were if you went to court 😇

car was a £25 Morris minor I also had a  Morris minor I got for £4 it was for spares . Happy days ? Yes . The only thing that’s got cheaper is road tax we used to get 2s and 6p stamps from the post office 

take care 

• Like 1

Guy, have all your deliveries so far been AWDs??  I’m due mine 2WD Dynamic with Premium Pack on 20th July after ordering mid-March.  I’m wondering will the delivery date be changed again!!

hi I ordered a 2 wd  6th  March I was told mid July then it was updated to mid October , my dealer sourced me a cancelled order awd same colour spec I took delivery 19th of June I honestly believe they are making more awd 

I ordered in May, Awd Excel, initially advised mid August revised to September now... Every cloud an all, 69 plate? Android Auto? Hoping for no more delays than that just have to wait in hope.... 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links