Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2019 Rav 4 - delivery - lead times - order to delivery

AdrianRot

Hi All, 

Went for a test drive Friday just gone, and was told that if I place a order now (FWD, Excel, Premium Pack) I won't get it until July 2020. If I wanted it earlier, they could get me a AWD without any packs, which I don't want.  Unfortunately I can't wait that long so I went with my back up option. Shame really.

Good Luck for those waiting, hopefully it will be sooner! 

Hi All, 
Went for a test drive Friday just gone, and was told that if I place a order now (FWD, Excel, Premium Pack) I won't get it until July 2020. If I wanted it earlier, they could get me a AWD without any packs, which I don't want.  Unfortunately I can't wait that long so I went with my back up option. Shame really.
Good Luck for those waiting, hopefully it will be sooner! 
What was your back up option?

I know it's down to preferences, but personally I can't see the logic in adding packs to an excel when it's already class leading.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, daiashthomas said:

What was your back up option?

I know it's down to preferences, but personally I can't see the logic in adding packs to an excel when it's already class leading.

Mazda CX-5. (Which we like just as much as the Rav, both have pros and cons)

I wanted the 360 camera to help with parking for both myself and other half, and the Panoroof was a nice to have tbh. Even without the packs, the price difference between the offer that I had on the FWD and the AWD was rather large, as the dealer was able to honour the offer that we had originally agreed upon for the FWD, but not on the AWD. With the CX-5 being around for longer as well, I had a really good deal on that. 

• Like 1

Mazda CX-5. (Which we like just as much as the Rav, both have pros and cons)
I wanted the 360 camera to help with parking for both myself and other half, and the Panoroof was a nice to have tbh. Even without the packs, the price difference between the offer that I had on the FWD and the AWD was rather large, as the dealer was able to honour the offer that we had originally agreed upon for the FWD, but not on the AWD. With the CX-5 being around for longer as well, I had a really good deal on that. 
Ah, I've never been a fan of sun roofs or glorified big sunroofs etc.
I've got a sunroof on my MK2 and it never gets used, don't even open the roof lining to expose the glass [emoji23] , if it ever starts leaking it's having the Tigerseal treatment [emoji23]
My new AWD Excel is amazing to drive.
Don't think I'll ever change from a Rav4 after having so many now. [emoji23]
Only use the MK2 as a farm truck, for tip runs and carting the dog about etc.
No back seats, literally a 4wd van lol

• Like 1

You know I can’t wait to get my new Rav 4 and it’s a very special vehicle but let’s face it, it’s not totally out of this world and not being able to meet demand could really cause Toyota serious pain!  

Ashley carting the dog about , well really 🙄. mr Darcy & miss Bennett 

photo taken in a vw 

0FDFA118-B074-4B2D-9517-D474E884CBA5.jpeg

I do like my RAV4, but if it hadn't been for the low floor/seating of my Gen 4 Prius having such a detrimental effect on my hips I wouldn't have given it a second glance.

I really hated giving up the Head Up Display I've enjoyed for 7 years and almost 100,000 miles in the Gen 3 & 4 Prius. and if it had a spare wheel I'd have defected to the Honda C-RV Hybrid, because it had most of what I wanted and a HUD.  The Honda Hybrid system has always been a cheaper, arguably inferior system to the Toyota one, but in their latest guise have finally caught up, being able to do petrol only, electric only and combined drive.  Some recent comparisons between the latest Insight Hybrid (not available in the UK) and the Gen 4 Prius have put the Honda ahead.

However, I wanted something that drives like the Toyota Hybrids all do, had as many as possible of the features I don't wish to compromise on but did have a spare wheel - and of course is easier to enter and exit!

An unexpected bonus with the RAV4 is that there is room under the boot floor for a full size spare without any modification of the trim or loss of storage of the tools, and I've ordered  a matching alloy wheel and tyre.  A pleasant surprise also is the fact the cruise control can be set down to 18 mph (28 in previous Toyotas), making it truly useful in the growing number of 20 limited zones.

The Panoramic Camera system is truly awesome, and one thing that I couldn't have had on the Prius.  It almost makes up for the fact my Excel Prius had a very impressive self parking feature (that also gets out of a tight space too), which my more expensive, newer Excel RAV4 does not (along with a number of other things including the HUD, rain repellent front windows, laminated front windows and more ergonomic swicthes for windows and door mirrors).

1 hour ago, daiashthomas said:

...carting the dog about etc...

4 minutes ago, marlinleg said:

Ashley carting the dog about , well really 🙄. mr Darcy & miss Bennett .

Dog lovers may appreciate this review of the RAV4   😁

Ashley carting the dog about , well really [emoji849]. mr Darcy & miss Bennett 
photo taken in a vw 

0FDFA118-B074-4B2D-9517-D474E884CBA5.thumb.jpeg.17d5205ab43585005af2423655383ea7.jpeg
Petrol Rav4's, Diesel the dog. [emoji23] 2182f30999855566c30cb87667588c61.jpg

Ashley the dog  is fabulous my partner Nina 😍😍.  Information on the  dog please, tell us about the dog ,name breed ,dog weight ooophs only if it’s a boy 🙄

Ashley the dog  is fabulous my partner Nina [emoji7][emoji7].  Information on the  dog please, tell us about the dog ,name breed ,dog weight ooophs only if it’s a boy [emoji849]
Diesel, Newfoundland, Boy dog (no balls) , 75kg, 7 yrs old.

Pete B,

Would you mind posting a picture of your dash cam, did the dealer fit ?

thank you

martin

1 hour ago, Southern Softy said:

Pete B, Would you mind posting a picture of your dash cam, did the dealer fit ?

Sure, I'll sort a picture as soon as I can.

Yes dealer fitted, it's looked like it was an official Toyota offering, as they had the Nextbase Duo that I have and a front only camera on the Toyota ordering system.  There was also a display cabinet with the camera and a Toyota branded info sheet on the service reception counter.

Mine was £300 including fitting, hard wire kit and vat.  It was all included in the new car order along with factory and dealer fit options, and therefore included in the 2 year interest free finance.

In the box was a £m bonded mount and a suction mount - I requested they used the bonded one, not sure if they would have anyway.  I think the single camera option was either £200 or £250 all in.

In the mean time, here's the detail on NextBase's website:

https://www.nextbase.com/en-gb/series-1-dash-cams/front-and-rear-hd-dash-cam/

Thank you Pete, a great help. 👍

Triton Leader vehicle carrier is due in Avonmouth tomorrow morning so I am hoping my Rav4 will be onboard - delivery due 15 July so seems about right to me, fingers crossed 🤞

2 hours ago, Southern Softy said:

Thank you Pete, a great help. 👍

You're welcome Martin.  As promised, some pics:

From my eyeline, only the bottom of the camera is visible below the mirror.  I've set it up so the screen normally blanks 15 seconds or so after starting.  Number plates are easily readable on both front and rear camera, and the rear one works surprisingly well (it's a zoom ratio), although I'm not sure how much rear passengers would obscure it.

20190627_211102.jpg

App screen shot.jpg

Rear Facing Camera.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Southern Softy said:

Triton Leader vehicle carrier is due in Avonmouth tomorrow morning so I am hoping my Rav4 will be onboard - delivery due 15 July so seems about right to me, fingers crossed 🤞

What you ordered?

A further update - end the end of my 7th day with the RAV4 I've just passed 450 miles.  All but 2 of the days the reported mpg has been a little over 50, today was the worst at 47.5 - however, I spent 80 minutes sitting in READY mode while it processed the map update I'd downloaded onto a USB stick overnight.

Given the AWD version is supposed to do 2-3 mph worse then the 2WD, I'm pleased so far (although mindful my Prius would have been reporting into the 70s in these conditions!).  Assuming the Energy display is accurately reporting the flows, the rear electric motor is indeed also a generator so slowing down gets the benefit of extra regeneration over the 2WD models.  I wasn't able to clarify this with Toyota on their blog site.

The car has now done 419 miles since I filled the tank, and is currently estimating 124 miles remaining.

I can now report that the Cruise Control's resume works from 0 mph - even with no car in front, unlike the version in the Prius which would only resume above 26 mph or less if the radar detected a vehicle in front.  Further, it's doesn't cancel the CC if it loses sight of the car in front at low speed, making in even better than the previous set-up.

The 360° camera really continues to impress, and I've found it also activates automatically at low speed if  the front senors detect an object within it's warning range.

A few  minor niggles; I keep knocking the button to fold in the mirrors when I grab the internal handle to close the door!  I don't know if anyone finds this, but for me the power window switches are a little too far back to use comfortably - the Prius was perfect in the respect.  I also wish  the brake hold feature didn't require activating after every restart - I understand the need to be sure the driver's door is closed and the driver's seat-belt is fastened, but surely it could re-activate once these conditions are met without having the hit the switch every time?

But I've enjoyed driving the RAV and find the seat very comfortable.  It's as relaxing to drive as all the other Hybrids I've driven over the last 17 years.

7 hours ago, Adrian Lavery said:

What you ordered?

Hi Adrian, 

I ordered an Excel AWD with the JBL and fancy camera

15 minutes ago, Southern Softy said:

I ordered an Excel AWD with the JBL and fancy camera

Good move - the panoramic view monitor is truly awesome.

Pete,

Thank you for the photos of your dash cam, I will give this some thought especially as I have had 4 people drive / reverse into me over the last 3 years !

So, a little update as Ive Been speaking to our lease company over the past few days. 

If you want a 2WD or anything with Flashy moon roof (AWD or 2WD)  then you are looking at July  2020 for a new order. 

However, if you want a AWD with no moon roof there are some dealers in UK who have some models vehicles which will be ready for September this year. 

So this afternoon I’ve changed from a 2WD with moon roof, JBL and PVM fo a AWD with just JBL and PVM, with a Protection pack and it will be ready by September this year.

So from what it sounds like, the roof is what is caused the surprise and the delays to orders.... I could be wrong, but makes logical sense. 

On 6/25/2019 at 10:00 PM, daiashthomas said:
Ah, I've never been a fan of sun roofs or glorified big sunroofs etc.
I've got a sunroof on my MK2 and it never gets used, don't even open the roof lining to expose the glass [emoji23] , if it ever starts leaking it's having the Tigerseal treatment [emoji23]
My new AWD Excel is amazing to drive.
Don't think I'll ever change from a Rav4 after having so many now. [emoji23]
Only use the MK2 as a farm truck, for tip runs and carting the dog about etc.
No back seats, literally a 4wd van lol

My first experience with pano roofs was with my mate’s car, and since then I quite like it. I like how much light it lets in the car, and the ability of looking up and seeing nice skies (for the 2 days of nice skies that we get).

Not a must for me, but a nice to have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

36 minutes ago, JPedro said:
My first experience with pano roofs was with my mate’s car, and since then I quite like it. I like how much light it lets in the car, and the ability of looking up and seeing nice skies (for the 2 days of nice skies that we get).

Not a must for me, but a nice to have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like my interior as dark as possible [emoji23] I don't like gimmicky lights etc, all the light settings are full dim mode lol
Blacker in the cabin the better.
Sun visors down all the time too, both sides.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links