Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 Rav 4 - delivery - lead times - order to delivery

AdrianRot

I like my interior as dark as possible [emoji23] I don't like gimmicky lights etc, all the light settings are full dim mode lol
Blacker in the cabin the better.
Sun visors down all the time too, both sides.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Are you a vampire?! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you a vampire?! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I vill go and get checked out, mwahahahahahah. [emoji3376]

• Like 1

On 4/26/2019 at 3:17 PM, HSDish said:

...I'm curious to hear about some "real life" fuel consumption...

Well, today I did my first fill since filling on the day I got the car.  I try to brim the tank each time, but it won't be reasonably reliable until I've done at least 5 or 6 - still, gives an idea compared to the car's computer's 'guess'!

514 Miles since last fill
45.74 Litres ((10.06 Imperial Gallons)
£56.67 (123.9p/Litre = £5.63/Gallon) at Tesco
51.09 mpg (calculated) 52.0 mpg car display [= 42.54 miles per US Gallon, 5.531 L/100km, 18.08 km/L]
mpg error car Vs tank calculation: car over estimated by 1.78%
11.03 p/mile
Fuel gauge showed 10% remaining, 39 miles to empty (if tank really holds 12.1 Imperial Gallons and I really brimmed it - calculated 104 miles remaining)

My daily mpg figures have compared favourably to my figures on the 2WD demo car, a pleasant surprise.  The fact that the rear electric motor appears to help with regeneration probably helps a little.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

thank you for the information . Surprised you use Tesco fuel, or any supermarket fuel . Being an ex tanker driver for 40 years  I have met and worked with Shell Esso and BP drivers and none not one would use supermarket fuel unless they had to  

1 hour ago, marlinleg said:

...Surprised you use Tesco fuel, or any supermarket fuel...

I've used Tesco mostly, occasionally Asda, for more than 12 years and hundreds of thousands of miles in my Hybrids with no bother, and the odd dose of Gulf, BP, Esso.  I log on my database which brand I fill with and haven't been able to identify any difference in mpg or problems with anything clogging etc.

I do sufficient long, fast journeys to get everything properly warmed up, which may account for the lack of anything needing extra cleaning.

5 hours ago, marlinleg said:

thank you for the information . Surprised you use Tesco fuel, or any supermarket fuel . Being an ex tanker driver for 40 years  I have met and worked with shell Esso and BP drivers and none not one would use supermarket fuel unless they had to  

And yet a friend of mine, an ex fuel delivery driver for many years, says there is no fundamental difference between what he delivered to supermarkets and what went to major players. Sure, different additives used, he says. 

Lover my driving life I would say I used supermarket fuel, diesel and petrol, for vast majority of the time, resorting to the big names only occasionally in times of dire need and then no more then perhaps 4 gallons or so. I do use an additive fro Archoil though, try to keep the fuel system clean.

PeteB & Catlover thank you both for your information and can I have a little information on Archoil  once again than you both 

Hi all, new to the thread but thought I'd share my experience. I just placed an order last week for a FWD RAV4 Design basic spec no extras. I have been told Aug 2020!!! I couldn't believe it, what a disappointment. Not sure what to do now, may cancel and get something else. Does anyone know if that date is a worst case and it could be earlier? Thanks

25 minutes ago, GC1969 said:

I have been told Aug 2020

Why not explore with the dealer, which models may have an earlier projected delivery date. If you cancel, at least it frees up an order for someone else.

Have a look at available vehicles on the Toyota website, they have quite a few new models with 500 miles on the clock upward, you may find something that suits.

Mine is due in a few weeks ( company lease ) but if I was a private buyer I would not consider waiting more than 3 months, I would either choose an ex-demo or another make.

Best of luck with your search

My Dealer confirmed today that my Dynamic with Premium Pack (Pano Sunroof, JBL Sound & All Round Cameras) will be delivered to dealers on 24th July, I’m taking this at this point it may be siting in port somewhere waiting delivery to my Northern Ireland dealer.  I was getting nervous on the date changing as there seems to be such a long waiting list.  I ordered mid-march.  

• Like 1

Adrian,

A vehicle carrier arrived at Portbury docks on Sat. My dealer has confirmed mine is now in the U.K. for delivery on the 15 July, ordered late March. I guess your location will account for  the extra weeks delivery.

• Like 1

My Dealer confirmed today that my Dynamic with Premium Pack (Pano Sunroof, JBL Sound & All Round Cameras) will be delivered to dealers on 24th July, I’m taking this at this point it may be siting in port somewhere waiting delivery to my Northern Ireland dealer.  I was getting nervous on the date changing as there seems to be such a long waiting list.  I ordered mid-march.  
It's hard to believe that alot of people ordered same time as me and I had mine 3rd of May.

Maybe due to dealer allocation or perhaps Japan are big fans of Tom Jones !

Maybe due to dealer allocation or perhaps Japan are big fans of Tom Jones !
[emoji23] I've heard his tunes are popular in Karaoke bars.

14 hours ago, Southern Softy said:

Adrian,

A vehicle carrier arrived at Portbury docks on Sat. My dealer has confirmed mine is now in the U.K. for delivery on the 15 July, ordered late March. I guess your location will account for  the extra weeks delivery.

Cheers, I guess it takes another wee while to cross the water again!!  Lol.  I was getting a bit fed up waiting and was scared that they date would be pushed back further, as much as I’m looking forward to getting the new Rav 4 I was going to start looking for something else.  My own vehicle was sold a month ago and the dealer has been so kind to loan me a vehicle in the meantime.  

well worth the wait I have had mine since 19 June truly a lovely car so quite and very very comfortable , as the driver on the shopping run, my partner can be in a supermarket for 1to 2 hrs , I stay in the car with the dogs reading bliss , yesterday I reclined the drivers seat and moved the seat back as far as it will go result zzzzzzzzz and I am 6ft I was out of it . still finding my way around the car plus it’s always going into ev mode I drive normal  driving mixed motorway A & B roads averaging 51 mph yes I know it’s an average but still reassuring  

• Like 1

I ordered a 2wd Excel with pano roof in mid March (although through my company fleet so may have been late March before they placed the order). Originally given a delivery date of mid June, then mid September and just had a message to say it's expected early November. Is this latest slip something others have seen? 

I work for a fleet management company and as of Monday this week we have been advised by Toyota that build allocation has maxed out and if we were to order now we need to be advising customers lead times of 12 - 14 months. I've never heard of a vehicle taking this long before but just beware that if your date keeps slipping there is probably something they are not telling you.

23 minutes ago, helper234 said:

I've never heard of a vehicle taking this long before but just beware that if your date keeps slipping there is probably something they are not telling you.

Which is just conjecture.

I think the waiting time is due to Toyota not manufacturing the diesel in uk general public  realising diesel is bad news (the press) that Toyota has produced a very clean car that will deliver 50mpg plus is really a bonus general public have seized on this and just gone for it my new RAV4 is unbelievable very quite in all modes and comfortable and clean  off fishing now 

Has anybody ordered the white/silver interior? It is very nice looking! I will treat it with a Gtechniq coating to keep it pristine for longer.

3sfRMu4jW6Uui4rHa7dK1GQ-KLrXfNqubrGmXCRG

K7e1O5otCveCElorr_OwHoTjHQ23cKCbfKUeVTht

8LphDZTL0vSiZvhc6Sy4BDz3CIm5Lz5W_LLvhXHwS2wyet1NxcHWmtuct8AxyEssEeMM3SmACKJNbrQ0u7vOYmACq2vOViEFteBkEHSyhDDrlTJjLZHVMe-tiERcEM2-w9LBC9XfSORmTqyjx7DDw3QC9T4wPh7ZDBZN28C2SeR4xNoH4MSBeNhZ8FzKqafqhORaz0zifn8-MznzrpnZdU5g9VEFG6i_i_Ew2-QgrTc0RLzWkT1TiKl-kRe61RMH0tnUkXeXqaXfVL5cfA86vBUkaclz0Hh0bVZv4dA32DpvVEWYfe-v1Cl_k3SIhIbUt5SAARhgUcy_ufrGd2ZtfSYc_IWb0hTdn9O7WGV5lTJsiiOl7HdzKXKTQeB7oAFLUNKyNTcXvFvl899HJeE4brVT8uSKhx9a1TXNdjRWCkQPrM97RnUaLcT2COt4jzsvbdCE7mS4pJiCaMfGwxWr7RQoUKYZBRq7Ra0auEG23twM9i_Kks5wTzwBkr4e_4zdU2ajX9gBlu7e25WgUOIoRfo3wpF606ye7JG1-Yla3OCErJp1lgCOcMmu8WcW0vWUK3XYCELZlCizh9EYGeZ-Dof3lHLV93pBDQphUeKZ6XQ7x4oEJffQ1sL39NRFNIbqFvaiw8jWzA-0oNkPaVOPMAis9bVCOhkb=w2588-h1941-no8LphDZTL0vSiZvhc6Sy4BDz3CIm5Lz5W_LLvhXHwS2wyet1NxcHWmtuct8AxyEssEeMM3SmACKJNbrQ0u7vOYmACq2vOViEFteBkEHSyhDDrlTJjLZHVMe-tiERcEM2-w9LBC9XfSORmTqyjx7DDw3QC9T4wPh7ZDBZN28C2SeR4xNoH4MSBeNhZ8FzKqafqhORaz0zifn8-MznzrpnZdU5g9VEFG6i_i_Ew2-QgrTc0RLzWkT1TiKl-kRe61RMH0tnUkXeXqaXfVL5cfA86vBUkaclz0Hh0bVZv4dA32DpvVEWYfe-v1Cl_k3SIhIbUt5SAARhgUcy_ufrGd2ZtfSYc_IWb0hTdn9O7WGV5lTJsiiOl7HdzKXKTQeB7oAFLUNKyNTcXvFvl899HJeE4brVT8uSKhx9a1TXNdjRWCkQPrM97RnUaLcT2COt4jzsvbdCE7mS4pJiCaMfGwxWr7RQoUKYZBRq7Ra0auEG23twM9i_Kks5wTzwBkr4e_4zdU2ajX9gBlu7e25WgUOIoRfo3wpF606ye7JG1-Yla3OCErJp1lgCOcMmu8WcW0vWUK3XYCELZlCizh9EYGeZ-Dof3lHLV93pBDQphUeKZ6XQ7x4oEJffQ1sL39NRFNIbqFvaiw8jWzA-0oNkPaVOPMAis9bVCOhkb=w2588-h1941-no

• Like 1

New Member.....ordered a Dynamic 2WD at the end of May. Was advised of September / October delivery. Having read this forum I have requested a build slot date as now very concerned a wait of a year is being forecast for some model variants.

I did speak with my local dealer ( Jemco Sidcup ) a couple of weeks ago who stated March 2020 for a 2WD. He did however say that he had 30 AWD Dynamics due in imminently. 

I just got another call today from my dealer to say the delivery has come forward by 1 day, lol

how come if it’s demand then I have only actually seen 1 on the road in N Ireland. Maybe I will be the token 2nd one, lol. 

Toyota, stop selling what you don’t actually have. It’s very surprising tho as I’m not a fan of reviews but the reviews are pretty crap most saying the Honda is a better buy. Still I can’t wait! 

11 minutes ago, Adrian Lavery said:

Toyota, stop selling what you don’t actually have.

Pointless comment as the club has no connection with Toyota, and they probably won't see it