Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 Rav 4 - delivery - lead times - order to delivery

AdrianRot

I just got another call today from my dealer to say the delivery has come forward by 1 day, lol
how come if it’s demand then I have only actually seen 1 on the road in N Ireland. Maybe I will be the token 2nd one, lol. 
Toyota, stop selling what you don’t actually have. It’s very surprising tho as I’m not a fan of reviews but the reviews are pretty crap most saying the Honda is a better buy. Still I can’t wait! 
I'm about 15 miles north of Swansea, South Wales, and I've only seen 1 other 2019 rav4 on the road, and I drive around mid and south wales every day, had mine 3rd of May, same time the dealer had their 4wd demonstration unit. I keep in touch with the dealer sometimes, he fi ds it quite amusing and frustrating that he hasn't seen another one on the road, and no customers taken deliver yet either.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Yesterday it was the first time I've seen another RAV4 "in the wild", in the same car park as mine! It was an event I won't forget very soon :)

Nice color as well

org_c9c0efeacdc7cd68_1562261588000.jpg

Adrian I have taken delivery of my Rav 4 very pleased. I test drove the Honda Hybrid nice car.  But No Spare wheel. No 5 yr warranty. No 2 yr interest free credit No £300 gap insurance (Honda £499)  I got £1100 more trade in . Motorway driving the average is showing 51mph around my home and shopping average showing 57mpg . Yes it’s only an average I would be suppressed if you got anything like that with the  Honda Hybrid placed order 6th March delivered 19th June 

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 11:29 AM, Guest17 said:

I ordered a 2wd Excel with pano roof in mid March (although through my company fleet so may have been late March before they placed the order). Originally given a delivery date of mid June, then mid September and just had a message to say it's expected early November. Is this latest slip something others have seen? 

Hi Gary, like a few other business users on here ordering through fleet management, my delivery date continues to move backwards.

I ordered an fwd Excel with pano on May 10-initial advised delivery date to dealer was 16th Sept. Just four weeks later it had gone back by another 4 weeks to 15th October. Now, three weeks later, it has been amended to 11th December. My problem is that such big changes are being made in a matter of weeks, implying they just haven't got a clue on production slots.

I don't blame our fleet management dept. but I told them I have no confidence Toyota can get it this side of Xmas...

In my line of work (Construction), we are expected to regularly report to clients on progress for delivery/handover and advise of any change (delays). Unless the reason is outside of our control, and often regardless of whether it is, we are expected to detail how we are recovering the time or expect to be penalized (financially and/or reputationally). Maybe Toyota will be throwing in a free JBL upgrade and some floor mats to ease the pain!!...

At this rate of knots it would be quicker to get a baby delivered than a RAV4.-though that's not an option for me, obviously!

(.....exhales loudly and climbs down of soapbox until the next delivery date update....)

I’ve seen quite few Rav4 in my area, about 4/5 different ones already.

On 7/5/2019 at 10:16 AM, SEH said:
New Member.....ordered a Dynamic 2WD at the end of May. Was advised of September / October delivery. Having read this forum I have requested a build slot date as now very concerned a wait of a year is being forecast for some model variants.

I did speak with my local dealer ( Jemco Sidcup ) a couple of weeks ago who stated March 2020 for a 2WD. He did however say that he had 30 AWD Dynamics due in imminently. 

What did you think about Sidcup’s sales? They are my local as well, and I find that their car service is not the greatest (use them for my Auris). And when I started to look at the Rav4, I went there twice and found their sales persons awful to deal with both times. Which led me to dealing at another dealer instead.

20 hours ago, marlinleg said:
Adrian I have taken delivery of my Rav 4 very pleased. I test drove the Honda Hybrid nice car.  But No Spare wheel. No 5 yr warranty. No 2 yr interest free credit No £300 gap insurance (Honda £499)  I got £1100 more trade in . Motorway driving the average is showing 51mph around my home and shopping average showing 57mpg . Yes it’s only an average I would be suppressed if you got anything like that with the  Honda Hybrid placed order 6th March delivered 19th June 

Have you looked at GAP insurance on comparison websites? I was told that is cheaper than from the dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As regards GAP insurance, ALA offer 7% off GAP to members, or, if you're a Premium member, slightly more (go to the Premium Member Discounts):

There does seem to be an issue with Toyota and its dealers being at the very least unhelpful at worst dishonest, I am dreading my first service, my previous car a Honda was a totally different experience the dealer was 120% committed to their customers, Although I find the Toyota cars superior to Honda at least in regards to the feel of the interior materials & ride quality I do worry that if I experience problems it is going to be an awful lot of grief so unless something changes this will be my last Toyota

There does seem to be an issue with Toyota and its dealers being at the very least unhelpful at worst dishonest, I am dreading my first service, my previous car a Honda was a totally different experience the dealer was 120% committed to their customers, Although I find the Toyota cars superior to Honda at least in regards to the feel of the interior materials & ride quality I do worry that if I experience problems it is going to be an awful lot of grief so unless something changes this will be my last Toyota
What you need is a family run Toyota dealer, not a group/chain.
I've found the the people working for the groups are lazy, and don't know a thing about what they're selling.
That's why we keep going back to the same dealer now. Personal friendly service. Even follow up calls to see how we like the new Rav4 etc.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, jan fossil said:

There does seem to be an issue with Toyota and its dealers being at the very least unhelpful at worst dishonest...

although it's possibly not fair to tar them all with the same brush...

My first experience with Toyota, in 2000, was nearly my last: a top of the range Yaris with lots of extras was delivered without a couple of things that had been agreed upon, several things wrong with it, and servicing was a nightmare with every fault being initially "not found", a ride with the service manager finally getting agreement there was a problem.

If it wasn't for the Hybrid system, I would have gone elsewhere next time and never come back, but I was very interested in the development of the Prius since it was launched in Japan in 1997 and the UK at the end of 2000.  A couple of test drives and I was hooked, not on the economy or low emissions (although they were a bonus), but on the way the car behaved - silent in traffic, smooth gear-less progress, instant power on tap from the electric part of the drive train and modern almost futuristic displays - and a proper matching alloy spare wheel!

I found a dealer 100 miles away from where I lived selling a demonstrator at a fair price and have been with them ever since (now live much closer, coincidentally).  I've found them friendly, helpful, honest and utterly reliable.  Just one blot a few years ago when accessory seat heaters were fitted to my 3rd Gen Prius (2 cars ago) and a dry solder joint left one of my tail lights inoperative (where they had tapped in for the back-light in the heated seat switch) which they failed to notice before returning the car.  I turned up on their doorstep when they opened the next day, they looked at it immediately, readily admitted fault, and fixed it straight away.

They often do little jobs for no charge (such as paint the underside edge of a passenger door which had grounded on a high kerb while the car was on a hoist), and when I ordered my current RAV4 I got a deal that was surprisingly better than I expected for a car only just available to order and in short supply.

For a number of reasons I looked hard for a non Toyota to replace my 4th Gen Prius, which I was only swapping because the low floor had started to caused serious problems with my hips and it became intolerably painful getting in and out (but very comfortable whilst inside!).  After just 2 weeks with the RAV4, the pain has nearly gone, thank goodness.  One big factor that persuaded me to 'donate' another large sum of money to Toyota was that I was worried about using a dealer who was an unknown quantity and leaving one that has been so outstandingly excellent for 17 years (and I still deal with a number of the same people I dealt with in 2002, even though the dealership has changed hands 3 times).

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, daiashthomas said:

What you need is a family run Toyota dealer, not a group/chain...

... or one that feels like a family run business.  The dealership I just described is part of a fairly large chain, but I it still feels to me like a caring, family run business.

• Like 3

Yes I hold my hands up to not looking around dealerships I did buy from a big chain although in my defense I was looking for a local dealer, saw the car fell in love bought it, never done this before but was getting desperate to replace Honda insight after 7 years (boys and toys) I was lucky with the Honda and found a smaller dealer who was spot on.

On the other hand, when we bought our first new Honda, the dealer that was local to us wasn't brilliant - and that wasn't part of a dealer group.

5 hours ago, jan fossil said:

Tbh, I think that it's more likely that you have found 1 of the relatively few that can give the others a bad name ... If you check the annual reviews of dealers Toyota usually come pretty near the top & certainly better than most other mass market brands such as Ford/PSA/VW. 

After 35+ years of driving I would suggest similar to PeteB, find a smaller dealer (even if it's part of a very big group) where you can get to know the staff & build a relationship. This was true when I ran Fords or Vauxhalls & still with Toyota. My car goes to an Arnold Clark held franchise (hard around west central Scotland for it not), I can readily access at least 4 if not 5 dealers (all AC) & I have tried several (on my 3rd Avensis) & to be fair they have all been OK but I settled on the smaller of the 2 nearest & been very happy.

Hmmm... Some interesting reading here.. My delivery date has slipped from mid August to mid September and that's for a regular Awd Excel with some small add ons fitted at the stealer ship... I for one will not be keen should the date keep slipping though it may be bearable with an upgraded sound system.... Android or Apple compatibility perhaps... A guy can dream.... Can anyone advise which ships transport these to the UK and where they land? I'm hoping to look it up and monitor its arrival, presumably around the end of August... Sad I know, but there we are... 

Hi,

The ships arrive at Portbury docks, details on page 6 posted by tomfromfife should help.

On 7/7/2019 at 1:11 AM, Ezcritique said:

Hmmm... Some interesting reading here.. My delivery date has slipped from mid August to mid September and that's for a regular Awd Excel with some small add ons fitted at the stealer ship... I for one will not be keen should the date keep slipping though it may be bearable with an upgraded sound system.... Android or Apple compatibility perhaps... A guy can dream.... Can anyone advise which ships transport these to the UK and where they land? I'm hoping to look it up and monitor its arrival, presumably around the end of August... Sad I know, but there we are... 

Ordered Mid March Delivered Mid June a few days earlier than predicted by dealer.  Toyota Vehicles are shipped into Avonmouth . Vessel's were possibly either  DAEDALUS LEADER or ALAIR LEADER which arrived within 1 day of each other.  Try tracking on AIS Marine Traffic.  Not Sad, it's all part of the fun . 

• Like 1

Good news,

I had a call from my dealer yesterday, car has just arrived and I will be collecting it late tomorrow afternoon.

Ordered 29 March, expected 15 July so it arrived a bit earlier than expected ( AWD, JBL, PVM. )

86F76A63-E28F-4319-9522-F1AB787BD4E8.jpeg

I'm I missing something here? Checking the position on AIS Marine Traffic it says DAEDALUS LEADER is a couple of days away from Japan and ALAIR LEADER a couple of days out of west coast of America. 

I ordered my RAV4 on the 26 May with an original delivery date of November/December. Then out of the blue they said 1 is available and due in the country 19 July (presumably someone cancelled their order), then last week told the vessel would be docking on the 12 July. Which all sound good to me.

So fingers crossed I get my new motor in a couple of days.

Keith,

if you log onto the Portbury dock website you can check for ships arriving, I cannot see anything at present though or due tomorrow. Mine came on Triton Leader.

enjoy your car Martin. I am 😀

A1854AC0-D3D5-4B02-A6F6-43848875DE91.jpeg

On 7/6/2019 at 10:27 AM, JPedro said:

What did you think about Sidcup’s sales? They are my local as well, and I find that their car service is not the greatest (use them for my Auris). And when I started to look at the Rav4, I went there twice and found their sales persons awful to deal with both times. Which led me to dealing at another dealer instead.

Ive not used Jemca for about 10 years when I owned an Avensis...had no problems with them iirc.

Checked with my broker and my order made the sept/oct build slot with no change to delivery time ( yet ) ! 

As my car was due to arrive at my dealer today, I thought I would give them a ring for an update, and surprise surprise it has been delayed. The reason for this delay is Toyota won't release any of the cars that have just arrived into the country, as they need to replace a small part on the breaking system and doing it now means they don't need to issue a recall. They did tell me it arrived on TRITON LEADER which left Southampton  on the 10th July. I guess I'm going to have to wait a while longer.

interesting my RAV4 went in Monday 8th July for dash-cam and reversing Camara ( back in again not fixed) the dealer said there’s a mayor update for your car they had it in till 10am Tuesday 9th . So they may have done the brake update as well ? 

Collected last night, all seems good.

Enjoyed using the adaptive cruise on the M25 !

A9534158-69D8-4540-BAFA-FCC36752036F.jpeg

727F8E58-2458-4A1F-AD16-18B3D69D9B21.jpeg

• Like 3

enjoy! :driving: