Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 Rav 4 - delivery - lead times - order to delivery

AdrianRot

So my new Rav 4 Dynamic is due with the dealer 1 week from today!  Do you think the date could still change at this stage? 

... Unless you have the keys in your hand, they can change it.

Stop, lol. It’s so close I’m nervous. 

10 hours ago, Adrian Lavery said:

So my new Rav 4 Dynamic is due with the dealer 1 week from today!  Do you think the date could still change at this stage? 

When did you order the Car ?

2 or AWD ?

2 hours ago, SEH said:

When did you order the Car ?

2 or AWD ?

Hi there, I ordered mid-March and it is 2WD, I have no need for AWD (even tho I know the name Rav4 indicates 4WD, lol) I ordered the JBL, Moonroof and All Round Camera's instead.  I was very disappointed there wasn't a self parking option, I currently have a Nissan XTrail and it has self parking, I will just have to learn to live without it, lol 

2 hours ago, Adrian Lavery said:

... I ordered the JBL, Moonroof and All Round Camera's instead.  

I was very disappointed there wasn't a self parking option, I currently have a Nissan XTrail and it has self parking, I will just have to learn to live without it, lol 

The cameras are awesome, one of the best features of the car.

I too was disappointed about the lack of self parking - I traded a 2016 Prius Excel for my RAV4 Excel - the (cheaper) Prius has a really good system, and the (smaller, cheaper SUV) C-HR gets it too - so it's pretty shameful of Toyota not to include it on the RAV4.

I wish my reversing camera was better car in again for rear camera tomorrow

104201DA-0C75-491D-9797-95DD9DE20D6D.jpeg

E75C7E0F-4EB7-48E6-A7C1-818BAA99F906.jpeg

42D49AFA-A5F3-445D-B10D-2DBBDD44E217.jpeg

4 minutes ago, marlinleg said:

I wish my reversing camera was better car in again for rear camera tomorrow

yes, you're pretty unlucky there - I hope they sort it for you.

I may have a problem with the memories on my electric driver's seat - I can't get that to work, but maybe I'm not doing it right.  My dealer will take a look on Saturday when I got to collect my full size spare wheel and have it's TPWS sensor coded to the car.

hi Pete B I can confirm my seats are memorised . 1 driving 2 sleeping whilst my partner goes shopping  😀mine work as they should 

1 minute ago, marlinleg said:

hi Pete B I can confirm my seats are memorised . 1 driving 2 sleeping whilst my partner goes shopping  😀mine work as they should 

I think I'm doing it right, I've used them ok on some Lexus models I've been lent in the past (which also memorised the steering reach & rake, plus door mirror positions), and I had the manual page open on my phone when I was trying, but you never know.  One way or the other, hopefully it'll be sorted Saturday.

3 hours ago, Adrian Lavery said:

Hi there, I ordered mid-March and it is 2WD, I have no need for AWD (even tho I know the name Rav4 indicates 4WD, lol) I ordered the JBL, Moonroof and All Round Camera's instead.  I was very disappointed there wasn't a self parking option, I currently have a Nissan XTrail and it has self parking, I will just have to learn to live without it, lol 

Enjoy and post a picture when it arrives.

I also ordered the 2WD Dynamic in Obsidian Blue at the end of May. Still hoping for delivery Sept/Oct.  Have not gone with any extras but hoping model will have Apple Carplay included at build date. 

1 hour ago, marlinleg said:

hi Pete B I can confirm my seats are memorised...

I'm glad this got raised, somehow I thought of the process for resetting Auto Windows after Battery removal - I took the seat to each extreme setting and held the switch for a further 5 seconds, and hey presto!  Working memories.  In my case, 1 driving, 2 easier entry/exit!

How cruel can the dealer be. After being told a couple of weeks ago my car would be arriving early on the 12 July. Then on the 12 July told, slight delay as Toyota wouldn't release the car as they needed to do some work on the brakes whilst still at the key side. Dealer rung me today to say "car will be with us shortly, but still cant give a date, but here is the registration number", great I got a plate number but no car. So close but yet so far. 

17 hours ago, BigGreenKwak said:

How cruel can the dealer be. After being told a couple of weeks ago my car would be arriving early on the 12 July. Then on the 12 July told, slight delay as Toyota wouldn't release the car as they needed to do some work on the brakes whilst still at the key side. Dealer rung me today to say "car will be with us shortly, but still cant give a date, but here is the registration number", great I got a plate number but no car. So close but yet so far. 

Oh no, I'm just waiting on the phone call to say . . . . . you car is here but!!!!  lol.  I'm very close to saying, 'you know what, keep it, I'm going to look elsewhere' lol

17 minutes ago, Adrian Lavery said:

I'm very close to saying, 'you know what, keep it, I'm going to look elsewhere' lol

At least it will free up a Rav4 for someone else.

I think I got my car because of a cancelled order, original delivery was November, now due any day. So come on everyone make someone else happy and cancel you RAV4 now 🤣🤣🤣

I believe my car was a cancelled order as the dealer said it’s come with extras,  Aluminium Scuff Plates ,Rear Bumper Protection Plate ,and Mud Flaps all round 

Took Rav in for service and first MOT, asked about the new Rav4 and he said I can take a test drive if I want but lead times are now nearly a year. Battery shortage apparently.

Marlinleg, I hope they all came FOC, be a good deal if they where.

hi update on my reversing camera see photo . Dealer just rang they are replacing the the unit 

4515DC66-851C-49C8-97E2-3E6179C9B65D.thumb.jpeg.68fcae3ae0125145a5b7a832d07ed0b4.jpeg64D60818-7002-474F-8AB4-EBDDF7F14AEB.thumb.jpeg.8522472051b74ff1c696d69a54e59acb.jpeg563B19F9-12C1-4E83-97C9-4B0BD25A37FF.thumb.jpeg.8b294af309c4dc106c944f9ff2d7cd2f.jpeg

4 minutes ago, marlinleg said:

hi update on my reversing camera see photo . Dealer just rang they are replacing the the unit

wow, that's an interesting feature! 😄

4 hours ago, warrenboswell said:

Took Rav in for service and first MOT, asked about the new Rav4 and he said I can take a test drive if I want but lead times are now nearly a year. Battery shortage apparently.

.... and a panoramic roof shortage from what I’ve heard... they never expect so many orders of it. 

8 hours ago, Adrian Lavery said:

Oh no, I'm just waiting on the phone call to say . . . . . you car is here but!!!!  lol.  I'm very close to saying, 'you know what, keep it, I'm going to look elsewhere' lol

I was told my car was delayed because of a shortage of wheels then inflation canisters !!!!! also told that my car had been allocated a number plate, when I phoned DVLA to ask why I had a registration number but dealer said they were not allowed to register it i was told by the DVLA that it could not be allocated a reg plate without being registered, on relaying this information to the dealer (hey presto) you can pick your car up in 2 days cant wait for my free service to appear (or not) 

How can their be a shortage of this and that when I actually don’t see any on the roads?  Are other countries being provided for first?