Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2019 Rav 4 - delivery - lead times - order to delivery

AdrianRot

44 minutes ago, Adrian Lavery said:

How can their be a shortage of this and that when I actually don’t see any on the roads?  Are other countries being provided for first?

The total European demand for RAV4s for the last 3 years has been ~ 70,000 units per annum, in 2018 they sold ~7,000 in the UK. They will have based their plans for stock etc. on that. However, a larger than expected increase in sales in total or in uptake of an option can throw plans out of the window ...

To give you anotherr comparison last year Toyota sold over 400,000 RAV 4s in the USA alone although these come from a plant in Canada whereas ours come from Japan.

1 hour ago, jan fossil said:

I was told my car was delayed because of a shortage of wheels then inflation canisters !!!!! also told that my car had been allocated a number plate, when I phoned DVLA to ask why I had a registration number but dealer said they were not allowed to register it

Dealers themselves complete the first registration on the DVLA database. Most have a list of registration numbers which they are due to allocate. For example on  several new cars we've bought, we chose the registration number before the car was first registered and taxed - often when first ordering the car. The one time when we ordered two new Mazdas on the same day, we chose consecutive registrations.

1 hour ago, Adrian Lavery said:

How can their be a shortage of this and that when I actually don’t see any on the roads?

Think the rumours about shortages are just that, rumours.

As regards seeing new Rav's on the road, there are quite a few in our area.

Ordered a new Rav4 Excel AWD model last week and was given October as a delivery date.However somebody on Facebook has just said they ordered one in April with a September delivery date and have just been advised by the dealer that they are now looking at next July. Hope that’s wrong otherwise a rethink may be in order.

2 hours ago, Ray Walker said:

However somebody on Facebook has just said they ordered one in April with a September delivery date and have just been advised by the dealer that they are now looking at next July. Hope that’s wrong otherwise a rethink may be in order.

Depends what options and trim level they've ordered.

Seems to be an excuse to me made up by the dealers, i would imagine the cars would go to the US first as they do not put up with bad customer service and would go simply elsewhere

hi jan the Rav 4 is made in the USA uk cars from japan 

just been reading (fleet news) they are saying there is a shortage of batteries, also the cars are made should read (assembled) as the component parts come from various factories around the world and with (just in time) manufacturing 1 item being short brings the whole thing to a stand still. The thing that annoys me is why cannot they just be open with buyers and give an honest answer so everyone knows where they stand

5 hours ago, jan fossil said:

..... also the cars are made should read (assembled) as the component parts come from various factories around the world and with (just in time) manufacturing 1 item being short brings the whole thing to a stand still. 

The Just in Time production system was introduced by Japanese manufacturers in the 1970's and has since been adopted by the majority of vehicle and other manufacturers (whether Japanese, German, American, etc) globally as it is more efficient. An example is - https://blog.toyota.co.uk/guide-dogs-toyota-production-system

As the system is around 50 years old, none of this is new!!!

The article linked relates to Battery Electric Vehicles (eg Nissan Leaf, electric Kia Niro, etc) rather than hybrids.

as an ex tanker driver (retired) I have experienced  just in time first hand running my a tanker in and out of Washington Tyne and Wear all the lay-bys especially at night around the Nisan plant are all filled with usually foreign lorry’s parked up waiting to go into Nisan at their allotted time with parts , so if I needed to take my break  at around 3am there was no lay-bys free 

UK RAV’s are produced in Japan and shipped to the UK, this takes time. Also as a completely new model it’s likely not being produced at full speed and is prone to production issues being identified (eg the brake fix). Demand (pre-orders) obviously outstrip supply initially and will for some time, add in all the delivered stock needing corrective work done before it can be sold, and it’s obvious that if you want a new RAV, it’ll take time, and the date is more likely to get pushed back than brought forward.

You can also probably get a cracking deal on the previous generation if you push the dealer and not wait more than a few days.

@marlinleg I’m just grateful that most of them use the lay-by’s, it used to be they’d park in residential areas overnight which was even more annoying.

I believe some US cars come over from Japan depending on the spec so that may account for some of the delay

1 minute ago, Southern Softy said:

I believe some US cars come over from Japan depending on the spec so that may account for some of the delay

I wouldn't mind getting one from the US if it had some of their spec that we can't get at any price, e.g.

• Camera-based rear view mirror (not affected by rear passengers or luggage in the way, and wider view than the rear pillars allow with the conventional mirror)
  • ventilated front seats with 3 stage heating
  • heated rear seats
  • heated front windscreen
  • heated washer nozzles
  • cordless phone charger
  • kick sensor to open/close boot
  • paddle shifters

Oh yes, and the steering wheel on the 'right' side ☺️

... and their prices!

I just got a call from my dealer to say my new Rav was on the boat that had just left the port in England heading for N Ireland, to arrive here next Tuesday. He said there wasn’t any brake issues that needed fixed. My heart nearly stopped as I thought he was going to say it was delayed. 

• Thanks 1

https://www.carsales.com.au/editorial/details/toyota-australia-remains-silent-on-hybrid-stop-sale-119429/?fbclid=IwAR0vWbwjG8_FCVsN9ENtPBnkc9icuyRqPBc_1gVkH5osaqi7XMG61H_TMgw     

Ordered April, quoted delivery July, then September, just been told mid November early December!!

Edited by JillG

5 minutes ago, JillG said:

This was highlighted some weeks ago, and numbers of Corollas and Rav4's have been delivered since in the UK.

Yes, in the UK, there now seems to be some vehicles which are inspected before distribution to dealers, but it doesn't appear to have halted sales or deliveries. As regards the Corolla, those for the Australian and New Zealand markets will be built in Japan, whereas for Europe the hatchback & Touring Sports are UK built, and the saloon built in Turkey.

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 4:10 PM, SEH said:

Enjoy and post a picture when it arrives.

I also ordered the 2WD Dynamic in Obsidian Blue at the end of May. Still hoping for delivery Sept/Oct.  Have not gone with any extras but hoping model will have Apple Carplay included at build date. 

Was told today that delivery has now slipped to February 2020 !

• Sad 1

A nine month wait for a vehicle??!! Looks like "just in time" production process is failing somewhere. 

If my estimated delivery is predicted to be that late my lease company will probably ask me to choose something else as they will want my current vehicle back before then... 

Personally I'd be OK waiting although the current lead times are ridiculous. 

Just have to hope it doesn't slip or someone ahead of me cancels..    

Visited my local Toyota dealer in Milton Keynes today to arrange a Rav4 test drive.  Sales guy told me that waiting times for the Excel FWD version were now around 11 months(!!).  AWD version is around 3 months - which fits in better with my timescales - BUT, because I want the Panoramic Roof option I'd be looking at a March 2020 delivery.  That may not be a showstopper, but I have a panoramic roof in my current Qashqai and it certainly makes the interior much more light and airy.

On 7/19/2019 at 6:43 PM, Ezcritique said:

A nine month wait for a vehicle??!! Looks like "just in time" production process is failing somewhere. 

If my estimated delivery is predicted to be that late my lease company will probably ask me to choose something else as they will want my current vehicle back before then... 

Personally I'd be OK waiting although the current lead times are ridiculous. 

Just have to hope it doesn't slip or someone ahead of me cancels.

You need to have a moan to Toyota Customer Services rather than on these forums.

41 minutes ago, WJRob1 said:

Visited my local Toyota dealer in Milton Keynes today to arrange a Rav4 test drive.  Sales guy told me that waiting times for the Excel FWD version were now around 11 months(!!).  AWD version is around 3 months - which fits in better with my timescales - BUT, because I want the Panoramic Roof option I'd be looking at a March 2020 delivery.  That may not be a showstopper, but I have a panoramic roof in my current Qashqai and it certainly makes the interior much more light and airy.

WJRob1, I know what you mean, I currently have a Hyundia Santa Fe Premium SE which has a panoramic roof and it makes so much difference to the interior. But as I'm too impatient to wait the extra time for my RAV4 for with a pano roof, I decided to ditch the roof and went with a grey leather interior. Hopefully I made the right choice as I've not seen one with a grey interior yet (has anyone?), it looked nice in the brochure.

I decided I needed an update on my car today, so I called Toyota Customer Service direct. They told me all new Toyota's are being held in their HUB to be inspected. Specifically checking the "break boost pump". They could give no time as to how long this is taking and referred me to my local dealer. So I phoned my dealer and he tells me Toyota has released the car and now waiting  for it to be transported to them, but a new brake distribution box has to be fitted by them (the dealer) before I can get it. I tried to get the customer service lady to tell me how many cars they think this effects, but no comment. They did confirm that any new RAV4 orders now have a delivery date some where in the first quarter of 2020.

Just to give you an update and give you some hope!!!  I got a phone call today from my Dealer, my car has arrived with them and they hope to have it ready to hand over on Thursday.  It is Dynamic, with Pano Roof, all round cameras and JBL sound system.  He didn’t mention anything about having to check brakes, so I’m hoping I don’t get a surprise call tomorrow and they tell me there is a delay!!

6 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

You need to have a moan to Toyota Customer Services rather than on these forums.

And you need to properly read a post before twitching.... 

Had you bothered to read it you would see that I said I could wait.... Merely stating what I thought.... Isn't that to be expressed in a forum without attracting juvenile comments such as yours....?? 

Frosty is very apt..... 

Full of friendly comments and happy to help.... 

• Like 1

Comment stands. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links