Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 Rav 4 - delivery - lead times - order to delivery

AdrianRot

My order: RAV4 2WD, Excel, Obsidian Blue, JBL & PVM and Pano roof.

Ordered 26 May with delivery quoted for mid November.  Mid June had call from dealer delaying delivery to 17 February 2020. 

Such a sudden and long delay knocked my confidence in Toyota's ability to (1) accurately quote a delivery date or (2) even deliver at all.  Confidence in new date somewhat restored after a meeting with the dealer mid July who explained the background/reason for the delays.  New date also confirmed by Toyota Customer Services.  And If I understand the posts here, it is reassuring to see  some consistency in the reports.    Dealer has promised me monthly updates.  I think the next tangible milestone is that I should know in December when my car is scheduled for manufacture. I look forward to tracking the ship from Japan!

At the July meeting I could have changed order to an AWD for December 2019 delivery.

I ordered my rav 4 on 15th may 2019 as a fleet car, dynamique, pearl white, jbl, panoramic was informed 30th November 2019 been informed today late February 2020 not happy at all. 

image.thumb.png.6ac87be6447ef142ac4937eda7a9e255.png

Just been informed mines in stock. Ordered 4th April, delivery 31st July, then slipped back to 11th September. Now getting it in 10 days. 

Ordered the Excel AWD in Obsidian blue, black interior, sunroof and JBL and PVM and machined alloys.

46 minutes ago, pany said:

Just been informed mines in stock. Ordered 4th April, delivery 31st July, then slipped back to 11th September. Now getting it in 10 days. 

Ordered the Excel AWD in Obsidian blue, black interior, sunroof and JBL and PVM and machined alloys.

Are you not going to wait another 2 weeks and put it on the new 69 plate???

Ordered the Design FWD in Obsidian blue as a company car and have been told May/June 2020

Wife ordered one on 1st of June 2019 was told delivery should be end of October 2019. That's a 5 month lead time. Had an update on 6th August 2019.  Now told estimated delivery is March 2020 so quite disappointed. If they are telling you 5-6 month lead time on a factory order  I think its's possibly a lie. Our lead time is now 10 months.

6 hours ago, BigGreenKwak said:

Are you not going to wait another 2 weeks and put it on the new 69 plate???

Want the car, not bothered about the plate. It’s a company car and arval controlling timelines or I’d have pushed to get it from them ASAP. 

My order: RAV4 2WD, Dynamic, Silver, JBL & PVM and Pano roof.

Ordered early April, picking up in the next day or two. Date moved a couple of times during the wait, Originally mid June then July and finally 12th August (told this about 6 weeks ago) 

Also not bothered about waiting for a 69 plate. 

On 7/27/2019 at 6:36 AM, JillG said:

Called Customer Services at Toyota who said estimated delivery early November!  A few days later had a call from the dealer saying that the car was in build and the ETA was the 26th September, but more would be known in the next few weeks!  2 wheel drive Excel, panroof and protection pack in blue.

Email to say the car has left the factory.  

Hi,

My Excel AWD (no extras) was ordered end of April with a delivery to dealer estimate of 16th August. 

According to the lease companies monitoring this has not changed but who knows?

Funny, yesterday I was on the M42 heading North and passed a transporter full of new RAV4's so obviously they are arriving and being transported away from Bristol. I ordered the rather distinctive Cyan colour but sadly there were none on this load, they were mostly the dark Blue. Of course I don't know which dealer the lease company use so it could be anywhere in the country before it gets delivered out to me.
As I will be away I am not expecting mine until September even if it arrived on time to the handling dealer so I told the lease company they may as well not register it until then new reg.

I am seeing the odd ones around now, I even followed a Cyan one the other day and confess I muttered under my breath how did that lucky @$%£%£ get theirs so soon?

Annoying to see there are dealers on Autotrader selling brand new (delivery mileage) RAV4's off the shelf whilst we are waiting forever for one. I know USA ones are made in Canada but a lot of USA dealers on youtube with an entire lot of them in every combination, and better equipped too.

30 minutes ago, Rav Rob said:

... and better equipped too.

... and cheaper than ours!  :2guns:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, PeteB said:

... and cheaper than ours!  :2guns:

Although if its any consolation, I know a lot of USA market vehicles are built differently as they have lower expectations, sometimes things like less sophisticated shock absorbers, less sound proofing, cheaper upholstery material and such. No idea if that is the case with the RAV4 but on many cars they are cheaper because Americans just won't pay the silly prices we do but the manufacturers 'adapt' manufacturing cost to suit.

That said, as far as I can see, the USA ones even have the same colour choices, they just use different names but they also get the more rugged versions which is not fair.

More to do with volumes than different specifications. For example, In 2018, Toyota sold 68,779 Rav4's in Europe and 427,168 in the US.

Also car companies price and spec vehicles according to the individual country's market, and using comparisons with competing vehicles within that market. 

• Like 1

A lot of the pricing differences actually come down to tax - for 1 thing in the US they quote prices without state taxes (averages ~6% iirc) whereas all our incl. VAT.

& the US market works largely very differently from ours - they expect to be able to visit a dealer & buy a car from stock & take it away there & then. Ordering a car ex-factory  to your precise specification there is a pretty rare thing usually reserved for premium/special vehicles.

OK, it is 1 point of reference & therefore suspect but European deliveries/sales of RAV4 were up 41% in June 2019 over 2018 http://carsalesbase.com/european-car-sales-analysis-june-2019-models/#more-54243. If it is a trend you can understand why lead times are stretching ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Heidfirst said:

OK, it is 1 point of reference & therefore suspect but European deliveries/sales of RAV4 were up 41% in June 2019 over 2018 http://carsalesbase.com/european-car-sales-analysis-june-2019-models/#more-54243. If it is a trend you can understand why lead times are stretching ...

Still a good indicator though and relevant as to why demand is seemingly outstripping supply... Thanks Heidfirst! 

1 hour ago, Ezcritique said:

Still a good indicator though and relevant as to why demand is seemingly outstripping supply... Thanks Heidfirst! 

yes and completely smashes the medias scaremongering talk. "New car sales down 20% , as consumers tighten their spending belts". 

2 hours ago, SEH said:

yes and completely smashes the medias scaremongering talk. "New car sales down 20% , as consumers tighten their spending belts". 

I think sales are down badly generally, but when someone produces a 220bhp, 4wd, decent sized, extremely well equipped, nice driving SUV into the market with only  😇 103g/km CO2 😇, especially the company car market who's drivers have been squeezed harshly by HMRC for year upon year way above salary rises..... then its gonna sell and its gonna sell fast!

Rob I agree entirely with your comments, plus the fuel economy for my car is very impressive 

2 hours ago, Rav Rob said:

I think sales are down badly generally, but when someone produces a 220bhp, 4wd, decent sized, extremely well equipped, nice driving SUV into the market with only  😇 103g/km CO2 😇, especially the company car market who's drivers have been squeezed harshly by HMRC for year upon year way above salary rises..... then its gonna sell and its gonna sell fast!

Absolutely.... HMRC have done nothing but fleece company car drivers for years.. So glad I'll be paying them less BIK in the RAV... Can't understand why some of the polluting double crew cab pick ups can have BIK fixed at £100/mnth. Anything that claws back a little of the great deal I have to submit on an annual basis to those pirates is most welcome and the 22p a mile fuel allowance won't go amiss either. 

I do approx 20,000 business miles a year so can claim back £1600 more than if I was driving say a Honda CRV and the Toyota achieves more mpg as well so a no brainier from my view point.

Good mpg, low tax and high claimable allowance = simples !

18 hours ago, Heidfirst said:

Hells bells the Corolla is doing well!

image.thumb.png.6f2cb05db12a01c9548e5a6ea1196d9e.png

The Corolla sales in 2018 would have only been of the previous generation four door saloon, which was never officially sold in the UK.

1 hour ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

The Corolla sales in 2018 would have only been of the previous generation four door saloon, which was never officially sold in the UK.

Ah, good point.

FWIW - I just found out that my RAV4 AWD Excel ordered 4th June '19 is on the boat and due to arrive for the 5th Sept as scheduled. Hope that all of the huge delays are just dealerships being cautious.