Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 Rav 4 - delivery - lead times - order to delivery

AdrianRot

1 hour ago, DanielC said:

FWIW - I just found out that my RAV4 AWD Excel ordered 4th June '19 is on the boat and due to arrive for the 5th Sept as scheduled. Hope that all of the huge delays are just dealerships being cautious.

It would be fascinating to see some sort of schedule of shipments, are car transports like buses, you wait ages then they all come at once?
I say that because mine is 'due at the dealer' in 3 days time suggesting its come off a boat already and is being processed/transported. So if the next boats is around 5th September it would suggest a monthly shipment arriving early on in each month now?

I guess they need to wait for enough vehicles to be manufactured before being loaded up on the ships because they are parked up with a couple of inches between each one to maximise loading capacity. The ship bringing my car is a hybrid (apparently) and scheduled to arrive within the next 2 weeks. Delivery to the dealer and prep is what is pushing the date out to the 5th Sept.

I have ordered a Dynamic AWD Pana roof in Grey it’s a fleet order.  Been told late December.  Was originally told April 2020 then July 2020 but challenged them and they said they had made a mistake and were quoting an Excel!  

Thank you for your email regarding the shipping information of your new RAV4.

I regret that we do not have access to this information in our department, as we do not sell vehicles from here.

Therefore, I would suggest contacting the Toyota Centre you have placed this order with and they will be able to confirm this information for you.

I am sorry we could not be of assistance in regards to this.

Thank you for taking your time to contact us today.

Kind regards,

This was reply from Toyota GB customer relations in response to an email I sent asking for shipping info for Rav4s from Japan to UK........ 

Seems odd that the UK head office would not be privvy to this??? 

In any case as mine is a fleet order does anyone have a close enough relationship with their dealership to have a reasonable chance of obtaining on request? 

Finally after months of weekly updates on the fleet site, all the same 'Order progressed-no change to stock date' there is some movement, today another progress bar filled in and now states "Estimated Deliv Date    from to 03-09-2019" which is fine for me as I will be away most the time until then..

I can ~almost~ smell my Beige leather!

4 hours ago, Ezcritique said:

Thank you for your email regarding the shipping information of your new RAV4.

I regret that we do not have access to this information in our department, as we do not sell vehicles from here.

Therefore, I would suggest contacting the Toyota Centre you have placed this order with and they will be able to confirm this information for you.

I am sorry we could not be of assistance in regards to this.

Thank you for taking your time to contact us today.

Kind regards,

This was reply from Toyota GB customer relations in response to an email I sent asking for shipping info for Rav4s from Japan to UK........ 

Seems odd that the UK head office would not be privvy to this??? 

In any case as mine is a fleet order does anyone have a close enough relationship with their dealership to have a reasonable chance of obtaining on request? 

I have not found a 'head office' of any brand to be much use to be honest. If you want a lesson in futile try the Toyota UK Facebook page, its seems to be manned by some sort of artificial intelligence program that just posts answers of stock marketing blurbs or tells you to speak to your local dealer. If there is anyone human there, they obviously know absolutely nothing. Probably managed on behalf of Toyota by a 3rd party marketing company. to be fair, no other brand is any better!

• Like 1

Yep.. I've rapidly discovered that to be the case... but still I sent them a reply querying how they as a UK office could have no visibility of their cars coming in from Japan? I don't expect much by way of a reply though its reassuring to hear that you have finally some sort of progress on your own order.... I'm not too far away either as projection from lease company remains mid September... Though I can see several car transporters coming in last week in August and first week in September presumably laden with orders for the new 69 plate

1 hour ago, Ezcritique said:

Yep.. I've rapidly discovered that to be the case... but still I sent them a reply querying how they as a UK office could have no visibility of their cars coming in from Japan? I don't expect much by way of a reply though its reassuring to hear that you have finally some sort of progress on your own order.... I'm not too far away either as projection from lease company remains mid September... Though I can see several car transporters coming in last week in August and first week in September presumably laden with orders for the new 69 plate

But hopefully not too many onboard, we would like a bit of exclusivity on the road after such patience! ...enjoy your RAV soon 🙂

ooh... oooh! our lease website is actually showing a registration number. Means there is actual metal really in the house! a couple more weeks my lovely..... and we will be together!! lol

Thank you for further  email.

The distribution and shipping of new vehicles are dealt with directly between our Network Support team and distribution network through Toyota Manufacturing in Europe (TME).

As such this will need to be raised directly with these teams. The easiest way for this information to be obtained is through the selling dealership as they have access to the ordering and distribution system and your order number. They can raise any questions, such as which ship your vehicle is being brought in on to our Network Support (support team for our dealer network) who will be able to investigate with TME.

I hope that this explanation is of assistance and thank you for taking your time to contact 

So a little bit more information from Toyota GB when pushed, which may be of help to some..... 

So confirmed, getting mine on 3rd September.

Knowing my usual luck.... I was just waiting for the transport ship to be hijacked by the Iranian Navy. The next I would have seen of my RAV would be on news at 10 being driven around theran with the roof chopped off and machine guns welded on the back.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Rav Rob said:

So confirmed, getting mine on 3rd September.

Knowing my usual luck.... I was just waiting for the transport ship to be hijacked by the Iranian Navy. The next I would have seen of my RAV would be on news at 10 being driven around theran with the roof chopped off and machine guns welded on the back.

Doesn't seem so far fetched, didn't Isis have a fleet of Hilux pickups? Toyota's reliability is respected by people from all walks of life. 😂

I'll think you'll find it's the beige leather they just can't resist.

If you'd gone for the pano roof then you'd have saved a job for the roof chopper too!

• Like 1

Ordered 2WD Design end of March and got the call yesterday that car is in the UK and waiting delivery to the dealer. Can be collected from 1st of October

On 8/12/2019 at 3:31 PM, Heidfirst said:

Must've had a ship in recently as just taken a call from supplying dealer to say car has arrived from Docks... Didn't have to be retained for brake fix??. I was given a choice of plates to register the vehicle to which is nice of the dealer... Can expect delivery in next cple of weeks when registration etc all done.... At last!! The final bit of a wait is always the longest.... 

I have the RAV 4 2WD Dynamic with panoramic roof, JBL system and 360 camera on order. We ordered at the beginning of May, told that would be here Sept, but I got a call the other week from my dealership saying now going to be poss end of year. I do hope it doesn't get pushed back anymore but I have a horrible feeling it might as I've heard people talk saying 2WD cars are not available until May 2020!!

Dorneykaz, I have ordered the same model this week and have been told May/June 2020

13 hours ago, SponsorUK said:

Ordered 2WD Design end of March and got the call yesterday that car is in the UK and waiting delivery to the dealer. Can be collected from 1st of October

What on earth is going to take them almost 2 months?? 😯

Mine has also taken almost 2 months, arrived in the country 10th July, delivered to my dealer 25th July. Now it is ready for me to collect (I am now going to wait until 1st September). Apparently mine was effected by the braking issue (brake boost pump) that has caused a hold up, although I've not heard of any others in this country, but quite a few in USA. I was told they have to check every Toyota arriving into the country, not just the RAV4's.

I'm due to collect my RAV4 this coming week, I was offered September for the new reg but couldn't see any point. I ordered on 22 May and was given a delivery date of 30 September to expect sometime late October. Standard Excel only extras are a wheelchair hoist. Towards the end of July I was told it was on a transporter ship and then on 12 August that it was now in the UK and I could expect to take delivery in mid September. Yesterday I was told it was ready but needed the hoist fitted unless I wanted to wait for the new reg. I now due to have it delivered between Thursday and Saturday next week.

This equates to 14 weeks from delivery to order for a no factory fitted extras 4 wheel drive Excel spec.

On 8/12/2019 at 3:31 PM, Heidfirst said:

OK, it is 1 point of reference & therefore suspect but European deliveries/sales of RAV4 were up 41% in June 2019 over 2018 http://carsalesbase.com/european-car-sales-analysis-june-2019-models/#more-54243. If it is a trend you can understand why lead times are stretching ...

latest - RAV4 best selling SUV in it's class in Europe for first half of 2019 with sales up 24% http://carsalesbase.com/european-sales-2019-h1-compact-midsized-crossover-segments/#more-54379. Given that the new RAV4 only started being delivered in 2WD in February, 4WD in April/May & presumably sales of the old model were pretty low for January/February ...

Will be interesting to see the end of year figures for the full 2019.

• Like 1

The demand is outstripping supply globally by the looks of it. Recent Australian reviews are also bemoaning the long lead times but on the plus side in Oz at least, Android and Apple compatibility are being applied free of charge to RAV4's at dealers when cars are in for their 1st service.... 

I thought that CarPlay at least was available on Entune 3 for a year already ...

From what Devon Aygo said on another thread the new 2020 MY C-HR will come with CarPlay & Android Auto but as part of MM19.

Existing new Corolla/RAV4 in Europe are on MM17 - whether this is just a software revision or there is an actual hardware change ... 🙄

On 8/14/2019 at 12:05 PM, DDA said:

I have ordered a Dynamic AWD Pana roof in Grey it’s a fleet order.  Been told late December.  Was originally told April 2020 then July 2020 but challenged them and they said they had made a mistake and were quoting an Excel!  

I just ordered a fleet car - Dynamic AWD with pano roof, I’ve been told not to expect it before March 2020, who did you talk to in order to push things along?

22 hours ago, NJHUK said:

I just ordered a fleet car - Dynamic AWD with pano roof, I’ve been told not to expect it before March 2020, who did you talk to in order to push things along?

Same here, I ordered Dynamic 2WD+JBL as a fleet at mid of August, and I've been told April 2020.

I'd like to know who did you talk.