Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2019 Rav 4 - delivery - lead times - order to delivery

AdrianRot

Hi JillG thanks for the info that’s great, so just have to wait for there email excellent many thanks 

2 hours ago, Buff69 said:

Hi JillG thanks for the info that’s great, so just have to wait for there email excellent many thanks 

This is what you will see when you receive your order tracking number.

2019-09-02 (1).jpg

• Like 2

Call from dealer today..  Which I missed 😭 but on the upside.. "please call back so we car organise delivery of your new Toyota"... Yay!!!   😁

I'll be straight on that tomorrow!!! 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Ezcritique said:

Call from dealer today..  Which I missed 😭 but on the upside.. "please call back so we car organise delivery of your new Toyota"... Yay!!!   😁

I'll be straight on that tomorrow!!! 

Excellent news! Be sure to post a few pics when you get her!

At last, it has arrived. Excel with no extras, ordered 26 May and collected it on Sunday (thank you to whoever it was who cancelled their order). 

Spent most of Sunday afternoon setting things up and most of Monday installing the Dashcam which is a VIOFO A129 Duo, with hard wire kit. 

I've only done around 100 miles so far and I am quite impressed. Its the first auto I have had so I am sure it will be great once I stop stamping on the brake to change gear, but at least I know the brakes work dam well. The only 2 things I thought could of been better, the indicators are not LED's and the spare tyre would look more in place on my motorbike. Just got to work on getting the MPG up, currently at 39mpg, but it's early days.

20190903_154852.jpg

20190903_154902.jpg

20190903_154915.jpg

20190903_154929.jpg

20190903_154941.jpg

20190903_155743.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

That’s a great mota mate, like the interior in gray 👍

1 hour ago, Buff69 said:

That’s a great mota mate, like the interior in gray 👍

Thanks Buff69, I took a gamble when I ordered the car as the only thing I had to go on the brochure, but as I didn't get the pano roof I wanted to try and lighten the interior, and I'm glad I did as it looks great. 

Yes it sure does, we ordered one on Friday (well it was a customer cancellation) it’s the metallic silver but we forgot to ask what the interior trim colour is, well I’m going to find out tomorrow and fingers crossed it’s the same as yours, I really like it a lot  

Congrats on the new car BigGreenKwak
Mine should be delivered on the 1st of October.
I am thinking of installing VIOFO A129 Duo as well. I hard wired a few dashcams before, but wanted to ask how did you run the cable to the rear camera?

17 minutes ago, SponsorUK said:

Congrats on the new car BigGreenKwak
Mine should be delivered on the 1st of October.
I am thinking of installing VIOFO A129 Duo as well. I hard wired a few dashcams before, but wanted to ask how did you run the cable to the rear camera?

Hi SponsorUK 

Both the power and rear camera cable tuck under the roof liner to the nearside "A" pillar. The power cable then drops down tucked between the pillar/airbag cover and the door rubber, straight to the fuse box which is under the glove box. The rear camera cable continues from the from the top of the "A" pillar all the way to the rear of the car tucked under the near side roof liner. I then dropped the roof liner at the rear of the car by removing the top of the boot door rubber (be careful of the grease that's under the rubber) and the 3 plastic plugs, remove the top centre boot door trim. The hardest part was getting the cable though the rubber tubing that runs from the car body and the boot door. I removed the tubing from both ends and used a length of garden wire (same as a wire coat hanger but thinner) with the end tapped up so not to puncher the rubber. Once through tape the USB cable to the wire and pull it back through. 

Both the cameras are working well and the only visible cable is about 2inches from the front camera and the roof liner. I have the added benefit of being able to monitor the video live on my phone from inside the house via its built in Wi-Fi. All in all I am very pleased it. IF you need any more info let me know.

• Like 2

On 8/25/2019 at 2:22 PM, Devon Aygo said:

Current status on 2wd Rav Design is all pipeline stock is allocated so all orders are factory build, build ETA is currently Feb 2020 with Delivery from April 2020. 4wd Design is Sept - Oct 2019 build Nov - Dec 2019 delivery.

I have a 2wd dynamic on order since may. I contacted my dealership the other day and they said it would be Dec delivery. Are they telling me porkies? 

10 minutes ago, Dorneykaz said:

I have a 2wd dynamic on order since may. I contacted my dealership the other day and they said it would be Dec delivery. Are they telling me porkies? 

Devon Aygo gave the current position as on 25th August. As you ordered in May, the status of your order should be different

3 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Devon Aygo gave the current position as on 25th August. As you ordered in May, the status of your order should be different

That’s good to hear. I keep checking my order status on my Toyota page but still says processing order. Wonder when it will say it is in build progress 🙂 

Hi All, 

Ordered a 2wd Excel in white with panrf + JBL and PVM back in early May. Still waiting on order processing stage 😞

i guess I’m looking at next year too! 

So mine arrived (late!) yesterday after ordering end of April. Standard Excel AWD, Beige interior, Cyan.

Some observations, the Cyan is really lovely, the few people that have seen it all love it. Against the gorgeous Beige interior it looks very smart. Interior quality is excellent, better than the new CR-V. Pleasingly the lease company/supplying dealer have provided proper (fully logo'd) mat set and not the ultra cheap generics they usually do, saved me £85. Wheels are fab, quite a polished finish.

First impressions (only had a short test drive months ago) the press moaning about CVT engine noise is rubbish, engine is no noisier than any petrol car under heavy acceleration and a lot quieter when not. or in EV state. Its a hell of a lot more responsive and quicker off the line than an Outlander PHEV though!

Road noise is higher than expected, will try more varied surfaces tomorrow to see. 

Memory seats would not work. After a bit of Google I found its something that was missed on the PDI supposedly. Whilst not in the seat you just move it fully forward/up/inclined to reset the 'home' position and temporarily save it. After that you can set to your desired positions and set them fine. Heated steering wheel! wife has Reynards in her fingers, going to love this.

Manual is a bit spubik and has errors, there is a button on the roof console - looks like a top view of a car with the front doors open - I haven't worked out what it does yet!. not in the manual anywhere.

Manual mentions a boot 'kick sensor' but no sign of one or not working. Can't get remote windows open/close to work from key either, maybe not enabled from factory or not 'UK'.

No Carplay or Android yet, but my son got mirrorlink working fine with his Samsung S9 so was able to control a few apps onscreen. Rear view camera is low resolution but usable

The press moaned about the display, I love it! its simple, real quick access buttons, up near the eyeline, responsive (especially compared to the dinosaur in my Mitsubushi). No SD card slot so will have to transfer music to a USB stick and plug in the armrest.

Excel interior with Blue ambient lighting in the cubbies is lovely, the petrol cap release is electric not a lever and is illuminated even.

Only 1 usb socket / power socket in front tray is disappointment (2 inside armrest so will juggle cables). I usually power a phone, a Tomtom, a Dashcam...

Putting the audio mode button on the steering wheel with the cruise control cluster - feels odd, all the other media controls are on the other side, fumbling in the dark for LTA and get AM radio instead!

Steering feels great, not much body roll, ride is comfortable, the whole car feels so light (compared to my Outlander PHEV to be expected), grip seems fine. bit of front wheel scrabble if you try hard enough but then the rear motor has a lot less power.

Sorry I know this thread is about delivery not reviews. Off out to work now, the car is a working tool so we will see how it performs in its role. Will grab some pictures when I get a chance. Thanks to everyone for their informative posts here.

Happy 69'er!

totally agree rob acceleration not noisy press need to justify there job. Rob dealer sorted my window opening closing on remote with fob . I love my RAV4 I have stopped telling people my mpg especially in town , they say o diesel or is it a 1.5 , no it’s 2.5 engine  . A lovely refined car very very comfortable and quiet . Enjoy 

phil 

Fantastic feedback, thank you. I found when I watched the reviews and were complaining about the noise I thought I must be going deaf as it was no different to other SUVs 

30 minutes ago, Rav Rob said:

1... press moaning about CVT engine noise is rubbish, engine is no noisier than any petrol car under heavy acceleration and a lot quieter when not. or in EV state.

2... Road noise is higher than expected, will try more varied surfaces tomorrow to see. 

3... Memory seats would not work...

4... there is a button on the roof console - looks like a top view of a car with the front doors open

5... Manual mentions a boot 'kick sensor' but no sign of one or not working. Can't get remote windows open/close to work from key either, maybe not enabled from factory or not 'UK'.

6... The press moaned about the display

7... the petrol cap release is electric not a lever and is illuminated even.

8... Only 1 usb socket / power socket in front tray is disappointment (2 inside armrest so will juggle cables). I usually power a phone, a Tomtom, a dashcam...

1. quite agree - I liken it to a conventional auto in kickdown - I've found quickly squeezing rather than stamping on the loud pedal gives slightly more refined progress though.  I think some people notice the noise more because the car is so quiet the rest of the time.

2. I'm happy with mine, maybe you've got different tyres?  3 different specs reported so far, I've got Bridgestone Alenza H/L 33.  Readings from the noise meter (about 65/66 dB) suggest it's not too bad at 60/70 on most surfaces. 

3. One thing I miss from previous 2016 Excel Prius is laminated front side windows with a sound absorbing interlayer, which eliminated wind noise from the mirrors, and noticeably reduced sound from nearby noisy diesels or loud music in traffic queues.  That said, wind noise isn't too bad,

4. Same with me, dealer told me of reset procedure

5. That's to turn the interior lamp off so they don't come on when a door is opened

6. Kick Sensor is not available in UK - shame, like many, many other useful features

7. I do like it the displays, but having seen the digital dash and centre display in some Skodas, VWs etc they are drastically higher resolution, stronger colour and brightness even in direct sunlight.  The RAV displays look about 15 years out of date by comparison, and the speedo can hard to read in bright sunlight, even when not directly on the screen.

8. Was the same on my Prius, but that had all window switches and roof switches illuminated too - I find the roof switches hard to find in the dark by feel.

9. I bought the TomTom 12V socket adaptor which has a through lighter socket and 2 USB ports which works well for me.

Oh yes, the window thing is not enabled by default.  Very nice on the recent hot days, to open all the windows as soon as in fob range to let the worst of the heat out before getting in.

20 hours ago, Dorneykaz said:

That’s good to hear. I keep checking my order status on my Toyota page but still says processing order. Wonder when it will say it is in build progress 🙂 

I ordered a Dynamic 2WD ( Obsidian Blue ) from a leasing company in May. Was advised at beginning of August of February 2020 delivery.  Do leasing companies provide order/ slot numbers which can then be reviewed with Toyota?

Hi guys, I just joined today after reading this forum as a guest for a few months and I can blame you in helping me to decide to take the plunge and buy one!

I ordered my RAV4 Excel AWD in Obsidian Blue on 01JUN and collected it on 01SEP. Not only did my dealer match a certain website "deal", they also strived to get the car in time for a '69 plate on 01SEP. The only extras I ordered were the front/rear Dashcam and mudflaps. Play off a few dealers, be nice and you'll get a good deal and leadtime.

I can't be happier as the car is fantastic, has averaged 55 MPG so far, is very quiet (don't believe the motoring press!) and the colour changes between dark blue, indigo and black, depending on the light. I'll post a photo once I've washed it - yes, it's been offroad already and followed a friend's Hilux quite happily!

I also had the Kodiaq, Tarraco, Tiguan Allspace, Outlander, Santa Fe, Sorento, Kuga and CRV on my short list - none could compete with the RAV4 in my opinion. TBH, I'd have gone with the Kodiaq if I had to wait until 2020... and probably regretted it! The previous RAV4 was so butt ugly that I never considered it - Toyota really nailed it this time!

Be patient, the amazing new RAV4 is well worth the wait - no wonder they're in short supply (supposedly).

I had booked car into dealer to have key fob programmed to put all windows/sunroof Down.  Guess what, I tired it today and it works! No trip to dealer needed.  How to I activate headed steering wheel?  Where is my seat memory?  I have top spec model. Mm

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links