Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 Rav 4 - delivery - lead times - order to delivery

AdrianRot

Adrian,

the Excel model in the auK has the seat memory and heated steering wheel, the top of the range Dynamic does not have either of those functions

Oops that’s seems a bit silly, lol. Thanks for that update.  Im taking it back. Lol. 

13 hours ago, SEH said:

I ordered a Dynamic 2WD ( Obsidian Blue ) from a leasing company in May. Was advised at beginning of August of February 2020 delivery.  Do leasing companies provide order/ slot numbers which can then be reviewed with Toyota?

I'm not sure about leasing companies but I have a mytoyota account with my current car and I can see the progress for the new one

Hi TabbyBoy can I ask you how much you paid to have the mudflaps fitted please as we have ordered the protection pack but if I were to buy the items separately I reckon it would be a third of the price and only need the mudflaps fitted cheers fella hope your enjoying your RAV4 

On 9/4/2019 at 8:16 AM, Rav Rob said:

So mine arrived (late!) yesterday after ordering end of April. Standard Excel AWD, Beige interior, Cyan.

Some observations, the Cyan is really lovely, the few people that have seen it all love it. 

Will grab some pictures when I get a chance.

Rob, those are some pictures I would definitely like to see.

Someone at my place of work has ordered cyan too, according to our fleet management staff.

Cant imagine there are any cyan demonstrators for you to have seen, so guessing you saw the same colour on another model, maybe an Aygo or similar?....

6 hours ago, Buff69 said:

Hi TabbyBoy can I ask you how much you paid to have the mudflaps fitted please as we have ordered the protection pack but if I were to buy the items separately I reckon it would be a third of the price and only need the mudflaps fitted cheers fella hope your enjoying your RAV4 

£125 front & rear including VAT and fitting, using the same % discount that I got off the car. RRP was £142, but different dealers may differ. I'm pretty sure that any dealer would be happy to fit them for you.

If anybody is interested, the Nextbase Dashcam with front & rear lenses was £270 fitted. It also records as soon as there's an impact when the car is unattended, ideal for inept drivers and rogue trolleys in supermarket carparks! Oh, the Dashcam got me £77 off my insurance too. I didn't bother with the fancy trim on the tailgate or the scuff plates. Apart from what I've just mentioned, it's a bog standard Excel AWD.

Here's my baby after her wash this morning:

IMG_20190901_170404.jpg

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Van Helsings Monster said:

Rob, those are some pictures I would definitely like to see.

Someone at my place of work has ordered cyan too, according to our fleet management staff.

Cant imagine there are any cyan demonstrators for you to have seen, so guessing you saw the same colour on another model, maybe an Aygo or similar?....

Cyan was my very close 2nd choice and Decuma Grey 3rd if the wait dragged on.

I have ordered mine new RAV4 on March 3 advised I would have it in May 23 still not here told it may be next week but I have heard that since July 😡

38 minutes ago, Marty99 said:

I have ordered mine new RAV4 on March 3 advised I would have it in May 23 still not here told it may be next week but I have heard that since July 😡

Which model, colour and 2WD or AWD? We can then see if any take longer than others. For example, if I chose Tokyo Red, it would've been another 6 weeks!

AWD in gray with all the toys have been told it’s in the uk 2nd July but had be recalled to the uk factory for a new brake pump !!!

8 minutes ago, Marty99 said:

AWD in gray with all the toys have been told it’s in the uk 2nd July but had be recalled to the uk factory for a new brake pump !!!

Wow, I thought I was the only one effected by this brake issue, mine arrived in the country 9th July (?) and I collected it on Sunday.

But the wait is worth it.

Toyoto customers service have been !Removed! awful not helpful not keeping me in the loop just telling me and the garage it’s been delayed 

Cheers TabbyBoy so you didn’t fancy the scuff plates or bumper protector then I think we will have the bumper protector as we have dogs 

13 hours ago, Marty99 said:

Toyoto customers service have been !Removed! awful not helpful not keeping me in the loop just telling me and the garage it’s been delayed 

I had the same impression of Toyota customer services. I rang them and they where very shady about giving me any info, but they did manage to confirm the same as my dealer was telling me. My dealer was very good at keeping me updated, they even managed to get the car from Toyota before the brake boost pump was replaced on the understanding they would have the work done at the dealer garage before releasing it to me. I am convinced this is the only reason I have the car now.

On 8/22/2019 at 6:49 PM, Oscarmax said:

Melvin, glad to see you have gone for the Excel model, do you go on the Which Mobility Forum, we would like to know how you get on with the hoist and the RAV4 in general from a disabled person view. And Melvin is a good name, mine is Melvin as well.

Hi Melvin

No haven't been on that site.

The hoist was fitted by PB Conversions in Leighton Buzzard, they had to cut the plastic moulding to fit the hoist on the left, this also meant the audio system could not be upgraded but the floor did not need cutting and can be flipped easily. I have a rubber mat on the floor to protect it and have the floor on the lower setting, it could do with something more substantial but is fine if I don't use the hoist to press the wheelchair into the floor to stop movement and rattles. PB Conversions also fitted a seat belt to loop through my Invacare Fox wheelchair to give extra security in the event of a collision. The hoist is an Autochair 100kg 4way compact transferrable boot hoist (Smartlifter Lc Range). The chair fills the boot but I can get a suitcase in when the chair is stowed if I put it in by lowering the rear nearside seatback and returning it afterwards. The seat backs are on the furthest back position.

I took the new Motability offer to get the £100 wheelchair lease so that if necessary I can leave my powered on at home and have more boot space.

I'm getting 49.8 MPG after 400 miles on the same first tank of fuel, however, the dealer sales rep said I should be getting nearer to 70 if I drive it accordingly, but I've no idea how. I think it would be helpful if the dealer gave me a how to drive the car instruction drive.

Hope this helps.

On 8/22/2019 at 6:49 PM, Oscarmax said:

Melvin, glad to see you have gone for the Excel model, do you go on the Which Mobility Forum, we would like to know how you get on with the hoist and the RAV4 in general from a disabled person view. And Melvin is a good name, mine is Melvin as well.

I've just added the following the Which Motability Forum.

New Toyota RAV4 Wheelchair Hoist

I have just collected my new 2019 Toyota RAV4 Excel. I use an Invacare Fox powered wheelchair.

PB Conversions of Leighton Buzzard have fitted a Autochair 100kg 4 way compact transferrable boot hoist Smartlifter Lc range) the hoist is fitted on the left hand side meaning the optional to upgrade audio to the JBL sound system is not possible. The frame cuts into the left plastic moulding but needs no cutting to the flipable boot floor so this is still able to be turned from carpet to moulded plastic floor. PB Conversions have also fitted a seat belt to loop through the wheelchairs lower rear loops and provide extra security in the event of a collision or hard emergency braking.

I have the flipable floor on the lower setting as it rests on the car frame and spare wheel, this also creates a lip in the boot, I think this adds to the stowage stability in the boot. I have also inserted a generic rubber mat that I cut to size to protect the floor of the car. All works well and with the hoist bar pressing down on the chair there are no rattles. I put the control arm rest on the folded down back so that the hoist bar presses down on it to keep it in place. I put the other armrest under the chair body.

When the chair is in the boot I can place a medium size suitcase end up in the left of the boot if it goes in by lowering the nearside seat back to get access otherwise boot space is non-existent.

I took the new Motability offer of a self-propelled wheelchair so that when I need the boot space I can carry this and leave my Invacare Fox at home.

This setup is brilliant for me and I have no hesitation of recommending the setup and PB Conversions installation to others.

PB Conversions Ltd. Unit 1-2 Clipstone Brook Ind Est, Cherrycourt Way, Leighton Buzzard LU7 4GP

Tel: 01525 850588   http://www.pbconversions.co.uk

Spotted a nice Rav in Obsidian Blue colourscheme today on M27, looked lovely... Have sorted delivery of my one.. Coming from Leeds to South Coast a week Monday.. Can't wait!!! Its in Galaxy black.... 

On 9/6/2019 at 12:46 PM, Buff69 said:

Excellent bet you can’t wait JillG

Coming a week earlier picking it up on the 20th September. 

• Thanks 1