Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 Rav 4 - delivery - lead times - order to delivery

AdrianRot

I ordered the Exel AWD, Obsidian Blue with beige trim at the end of August.  Told to expect it end of Jan.  Some earlier posts are indicating that the build is in Sep / Oct with delivery this side of Christmas - fingers crossed.

Would be great if Toyota could tell you where your order was in the queue awaiting to be processed.

On 9/5/2019 at 8:07 PM, Marty99 said:

Toyoto customers service have been !Removed! awful not helpful not keeping me in the loop just telling me and the garage it’s been delayed 

Got a result today car has arrived in Norfolk pick it up Wednesday 

• Like 1

On 9/4/2019 at 9:03 AM, PeteB said:
  1. quite agree - I liken it to a conventional auto in kickdown - I've found quickly squeezing rather than stamping on the loud pedal gives slightly more refined progress though.  I think some people notice the noise more because the car is so quiet the rest of the time.

2. I'm happy with mine, maybe you've got different tyres?  3 different specs reported so far, I've got Bridgestone Alenza H/L 33.  Readings from the noise meter (about 65/66 dB) suggest it's not too bad at 60/70 on most surfaces. 

3. One thing I miss from previous 2016 Excel Prius is laminated front side windows with a sound absorbing interlayer, which eliminated wind noise from the mirrors, and noticeably reduced sound from nearby noisy diesels or loud music in traffic queues.  That said, wind noise isn't too bad,

4. Same with me, dealer told me of reset procedure

5. That's to turn the interior lamp off so they don't come on when a door is opened

6. Kick Sensor is not available in UK - shame, like many, many other useful features

7. I do like it the displays, but having seen the digital dash and centre display in some Skodas, VWs etc they are drastically higher resolution, stronger colour and brightness even in direct sunlight.  The RAV displays look about 15 years out of date by comparison, and the speedo can hard to read in bright sunlight, even when not directly on the screen.

8. Was the same on my Prius, but that had all window switches and roof switches illuminated too - I find the roof switches hard to find in the dark by feel.

9. I bought the TomTom 12V socket adaptor which has a through lighter socket and 2 USB ports which works well for me.

Thanks Pete, some great info there. Will try and put some pics... it looks so bright on camera but its a fair bit deeper colour in real life.

Yes mine has Dunlop Grandtrek PT30 tyres, Wouldn't be my choice, I wouldn't fit a C grade wet performance tyre to my own cars, but its fleet car so I won't get much say.

Car is a lot more 'front' orientated' than my Outlander which is taking some getting used to. The Outlander had equal power motors front and back so even on a quick launch never even squealed. The Rav has a much less powerful rear motor so can wheel-spin the front if your too heavy footed, slowly adapting..

6d5d01e776.jpeg6d5cfbe532.jpeg6d5df62980.jpeg6d5e076b70.jpeg6d5ed50dee.jpeg6d5eb07d32.jpeg6d5f860340.jpeg6d5f6aed49.jpeg

So far just fitted a rubber boot mat (B&M Stores £7.99 with a bit of a trimming to shape and some double sided carpet tape) Setup a USB stick with some current MP3 albums on, ordered a low profile stick to leave in the USB socket permanently. Washed and coated with Carplan repellent polish

Averaging 45mpg+

Loving the driving aids, using them all the time, even in slow/stop start traffic its freaky having the car pull up and pull away by itself but to be honest is probably safer, a computer doesn't get tired or have lapse of concentration! Lane keep is working well.

Its definitely a motorway cruiser, really settles down then quiet engine and rides smooth, Slightly lumpy ride in town sometimes, I worked out why mine feels a bit different, the dealer demo was a base model with 17" wheels and mine has 18". 17" higher profile tyre cars always ride a bit nicer, even if they look a bit sad.

Stop press!!  if you put MP4 movies on your USB stick you can watch a film while in park waiting for someone. By the way, I think the standard sound system is pretty good! and the car phone is crystal clear.

Very happy with my baby!

• Thanks 1

Holy Moly-that is a whole lot of (light blue) metal-I've struggled to distinguish the new RAVs from other similar SUVs on my daily Nottingham/Birmingham commute, but I'm sure not going to miss you if you cruise past Rob! (-and you sure put your neighbour's Porsche in the shade!)

If anyone ever tells you "sorry mate, I didn't see you..." then they must be as blind as a bat.

If you can play an MP4 film does that mean you can "cast" TV using a dongle/modem thingy?

Enjoy.

On 7/30/2019 at 2:31 PM, Marky900 said:

Hi all, newbie here!

I ordered my RAV4 on 21st July, made some changes to it on 25th July, and I have an estimated handover of 28/11/2019.

Excel AWD with JBL + PVM, Tokyo Red, Black Leather, Side Steps, 18" Glossy Black Alloys, Detachable Tow Bar, Aluminium Scuff Plates and Mudflaps.

Is there any way of being able to track the progress of the order, other than hassling the dealer lol?

I had a call yesterday to say my RAV is built and on the water so I should expect handover towards end of Oct/beginning Nov. Can't wait 🙂 

On 9/10/2019 at 1:03 PM, Van Helsings Monster said:

Holy Moly-that is a whole lot of (light blue) metal-I've struggled to distinguish the new RAVs from other similar SUVs on my daily Nottingham/Birmingham commute, but I'm sure not going to miss you if you cruise past Rob! (-and you sure put your neighbour's Porsche in the shade!)

If anyone ever tells you "sorry mate, I didn't see you..." then they must be as blind as a bat.

If you can play an MP4 film does that mean you can "cast" TV using a dongle/modem thingy?

Enjoy.

Lol.. its funny how the rest of the Toyota pallet is quite restrained, this one is really popping! But then I once owned a Yellow Volvo T4 so it had to be this one. I would have had White but banned by the 'boss' as last car was White, would never go Black again, to hot, forever dirty. The Red not bad but a teeny shade 'dull' to me. Certainly this colour makes finding it in the car park a doddle!

Not sure you could cast, I just copied a downloaded movie in MP4 format to a USB stick and it played it much as it would an MP3 music file, just with video too. If you move out of 'park' it carries on playing the movie audio but kills the video, obvious safety requirement. 

Still when I am waiting for the boss to try on every shoe in the shop 3 times over, will give me something to do outside..

oh yes.. loving the wheels, the spoke gaps are huge and surfaces angled outwards, easiest to clean I have ever had, lovely!

Rob watching a film while waiting for boss trying shoes , I read war and peace whilst waiting my boss then  read backwards 😂 . The car in the post is lovely . Enjoy i am 

• Haha 2

I'm counting down the hours till Monday now when my new Rav should appear!! The cyan with beige looks really nice though I'm hoping my regret at not ordering that combination myself will be assuaged when I get my own and give it a good mop to get it all nice and shiny... I've said I'm err "working from home" lol

• Haha 2

Good luck to all who are soon to pick up their new car. Just a reminder to check tyre pressures as these are the thing most often missed on PDI. Mine where very strangely correct on one side only and still at delivery pressure ( 45 plus PSI ) on the other. Maybe the airline was too short!

Silly question these car are obviously delayed. We have all ordered our new cars at agreed price, My dealer has guaranteed that I won’t pay anymore. 

The question is:- If the manufacturers list price goes up above £40,000 in the meantime will we have to pay the higher rate of road fund license on our new cars?

On 9/2/2019 at 7:53 AM, Bob331 said:

Ordered my excel awd in august told wait till Jan 2020. Good grief

I was told March for mine. 

My order is Tokyo red with beige leather excel AWD 

i ordered mine in August 

21 minutes ago, Teresap said:

The question is:- If the manufacturers list price goes up above £40,000 in the meantime will we have to pay the higher rate of road fund license on our new cars?

Should be able to query this with DVLA for a definite answer.

For my Rav4 2019 I had the side door protectors added for around £120. I did this on my previous model the 2018 as well, and I think they look nice and very practical. But I have never seen any other 2018’s or 2019’s with these on. Do people dislike them?

Do people think they look weird on 2019 being non symmetrical with recessed profiles? 

81424F83-5025-488A-A4BA-DFF3773EF33E.jpeg

• Like 1

Hi look good to me, might have them fitted to mine when we get it, We are getting the silver Excel to, have you got the grey trim?

13 minutes ago, Scottydog007 said:

For my Rav4 2019 I had the side door protectors added for around £120. I did this on my previous model the 2018 as well, and I think they look nice and very practical. But I have never seen any other 2018’s or 2019’s with these on. Do people dislike them?

Do people think they look weird on 2019 being non symmetrical with recessed profiles? 

81424F83-5025-488A-A4BA-DFF3773EF33E.jpeg

Personally i am not a fan of them, but it's yours and you make it your own 🙂

I get why you fit them as some people don't know how to park and just don't care about other people property. I tend to park the further point away as they are always the emptiest places. But I never take up two spaces... hate those people 😛 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Scottydog007 said:

For my Rav4 2019 I had the side door protectors added for around £120...Do people think they look weird on 2019 being non symmetrical with recessed profiles?

Nope - I'm with you.  I like them mainly as they offer some protection from careless door opening in car parks (as some clown demonstrated the other day when getting into his car while chatting away on his mobile, and didn't even notice he'd knocked my car hard enough to make it rock slightly.  Luckily, the strip took the knock, which isn't always the case).

I've had them either as standalone extras or as part for a 'protection pack' on my last 5 Toyotas.

One downside is that insurance companies have become very funny about the slightest changes to standard spec, and Co-op Insurance even refused to quote for my last Prius because of the protectors!  The girl spoke to an underwriter and phoned me back, and said it was because they "changed the dimensions of the car"!!!  I pointed out their purpose, and that they were about ½ inch thick (much less protruding than door mirrors!) but didn't feel I wanted to deal with them anyway by this stage.

I do religiously notify insurers of all my extras because in a collision serious enough to get an loss adjuster visit (or maybe just photos from the repairer) it might just possibly give the Insurer an excuse to try to say the insurance was invalid due to alterations not notified.  Apart from the above example, it's never made any difference, but it sometime means I have to phone because I have too many extra to complete a quote online - thus missing an online discounts.  Last time round, one company even included magnetic adverts on the doors in their list of things to notify.

RAV4 trimmed.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rocks703 said:

...I never take up two spaces... hate those people 😛 

Me too!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Scottydog007 said:

I have them fitted to my Avensis although I didn't bother getting them painted (the black looks OK to me). Don't think that I have ever seen another 2015> Avensis (other than in promotional material) with them fitted. 

5 hours ago, Buff69 said:

Hi look good to me, might have them fitted to mine when we get it, We are getting the silver Excel to, have you got the grey trim?

So I got the Excel ‘Silver Blade’ with standards wheels and standard black leather, plus protection pack (scuff plates, rubber floor mats, mug flaps, rear bumper protection plate and boot liner. Panoramic roof, JBL prem sound system, pan view monitor. I paid extra to have special paint protection coating.

I do not know if this is normal but dealer gave lovely ‘Hybrid mats’ but my floor will get dirty so they are covered by the best rubber mats I have seen in a car.

Generally I had no idea what the car was going to look like until I got it. I love the black trim at window level on the rear quarter that enhances the tinted windows. 

I will saw I like it more than I was expecting.

5E5DFE54-2316-4935-BA82-1A37D052B4B5.jpeg

FAE3D9D3-0B32-41D6-A463-02A431C3FDB6.jpeg

• Like 1

Very nice, we’re getting silver blade with black interior and asked for the protection pack, but our dealer said they will fit the mudflaps for free so it may workout cheaper to buy the bits separately. Would’ve loved the JBL system as well but that would have put 2/3 more months for delivery, but can’t wait that long. How are you getting on with your RAV4?  

3 hours ago, Buff69 said:

Very nice, we’re getting silver blade with black interior and asked for the protection pack, but our dealer said they will fit the mudflaps for free so it may workout cheaper to buy the bits separately. Would’ve loved the JBL system as well but that would have put 2/3 more months for delivery, but can’t wait that long. How are you getting on with your RAV4?  

I love it. Now I had the Rav4 2018 and after 6 months I asked if I could change it. I loved the 2018 as well and see it as a great car, but when I bought it in for 10,000 mile service the dealer had a 2019 2WD as a demonstrator, my wife and daughter came with me, and they were the main one’s to get me to change. So I put an order in that day. Seems I was the first person in my area to get it, so the sales person told me.

Higher up I do a comparison between the 2, but what I will add is the full economy is far better. I have no idea what the book says or even care as all manufacturers lie through their teeth. But running around town I’m getting 43mpg and even on motorways I get 42’s and my cruising speed is very high, so for a 4x4 that is very good. This car is a real winner.

I haven’t really opened it up and pushed the acceleration until today. I note other 4x4’s see me and are curious of this car so they try and push me quite hard. In one instance I moved over to let them go past but I accelerated up a hill against a Quashqi and he was struggling while I was hardly trying. I put my foot down and gee, the car kicked, I put my foot down again and it kicked again, I was really motoring and the Quashqi gave up. It is definitely faster than previous year. I was in sport mode. Later again up hill I let an Audi Q something shoot past me, he was really moving and normally the Audi Q’s have a very powerful engine, in this case I pulled out behind and was surprised how quick I caught up with him. This time I was in ordinary mode. These were tests and generally I do not do this kind of driving. Driving casually or relaxed and the car feels great, really smooth and effortless. Nice.

For the 2018 I would often put it into sport mode, but I notice I hardly ever use sport mode for the 2019 as it gives me all the power I need. 

Tomorrow, Monday I will be shooting off to South Wales at 3:30 in the morning coming from London. I’ll put it in cruise control, turn on the great music system and it will be a great journey, I’m looking forward to it.

One other thing the 2018 model was super quiet in side, there were not many other cars on the road as quiet. Now when I got into the 2019 I thought the sound was louder, different. But now I find it quiet, so may be I have got condition to liking the sound.

Hi Scottydog007 sounds like a real winner and can’t wait to get ours, which tyres have you got on your Rav and are they the same as the 2018 Rav.  Can you change the modes (sport,normal etc) while driving? and can you change at any speed? I really want the JBL system but it would mean a lot longer waiting time. 

3 hours ago, Buff69 said:

Hi Scottydog007 sounds like a real winner and can’t wait to get ours, which tyres have you got on your Rav and are they the same as the 2018 Rav.  Can you change the modes (sport,normal etc) while driving? and can you change at any speed? I really want the JBL system but it would mean a lot longer waiting time. 

2019 tyres are 225/60R18 100H

2018 tyres are 235/55R18 100H

rotating dial mode, eco, normal and sport. rotate dial anti-clockwise - eco, clockwise - sport, push it in to go back to normal.

Drivers dash changes colour with mode in the speedo are. green, white and red

And you can change any time.

.IMG_1011-2.thumb.jpg.7159418aaa03bfc52ea856879b9bddae.jpgIMG_1012-2.thumb.jpg.0a84b22eca2b1a28732e275f1376ad42.jpgIMG_1013-2.thumb.jpg.a69cfd319d6f880543d816decf952752.jpg   IMG_1010-3.thumb.jpg.286f74e55a1a1fa24fab94caac4723f2.jpg