Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 Rav 4 - delivery - lead times - order to delivery

AdrianRot

3 hours ago, Buff69 said:

...Can you change the modes (sport,normal etc) while driving? and can you change at any speed?...

yes & yes.

Although you might not always have time to - I entered a medium sized roundabout the other day in ECO mode, intending to take the third exit (effectively turning right), when an Audi TT (or similar) entered at about 60 from the entrance immediately to my right, heading for the exit immediately to my left, more or less a straight line - by the time he came into sight I was committed, and just had time to stamp on the accelerator - about 1 sec or slightly less was enough, the surge was quite impressive and got me out of the way more than adequately.

Additionally, if you have AWD, if you select the AWD display in the speedo area, going into Sport mode adds a G-Force graph to the display:

20190715_201429 small.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks Scottydog007, oh I can’t wait till we get ours, I hope they don’t push it back to next year. Is that two auxiliary sockets net to the usb sockets 

PeteB that’s handsome yes we are getting AWD. That dash is brilliant 👍 

Seeing as most purchasers of the new RAV4 are waiting a fair time, has anyone looked at Autotrader for new ones in dealer stock. There seems to be a few dozen around the country of one shape of build or another.

1 hour ago, Buff69 said:

That dash is brilliant 👍 

I wish I could video it in use - on roads it's just very interesting; it might be very useful to anyone going off road (or maybe on snow/ice).

The front wheels show the direction they're pointing, a wheel flashes when struggling for grip, and the 5-bar indicators next to each wheel show how much of available torque is going to each wheel.  Interesting to watch, as you accelerate from rest  it often starts off even (say 1 bar each front/rear lit pale blue) and quickly goes to more torque to rear wheels (maybe 2/3 or 2/4 F/R) then more at front again then front only.  It seems to add torque to the rear when cornering.  When power is being provided the relevant axle(s) light up pale blue too.

Trick is to glance at it and not use it as an excuse to crash into something! 🙄  I wish the dash was just under the bottom of the windscreen as it is in the Prius - much safer as nearer line of sight out of the screen, and less eyestrain - the muscle power needed to focus increases exponentially the closer you focus, which is why manufacturers put the instruments furthest away  and centred on some models - Honda, Renault & Citroen seem to like this, and there used to be an excellent system on the Yaris until the 2012 models onwards.

• Like 1

PeteB that’s a bit like the cougar how’s that Dashcam getting on are you still pleased with it?

1 hour ago, Buff69 said:

PeteB that’s a bit like the cougar how’s that dashcam getting on are you still pleased with it?

On the way for my evening meal, I popped into a large empty car park and took a shot of the AWD display in use (in Sport mode to get the G-Force indicator).  Note the front wheels are turned to the right.

Mixed view on the Dashcam - I like they way it's set up generally, and the way it's meant to work, but there are a couple of issues:

1. When getting into the car, or starting the car, or closing a sun visor, or even clicking shut the SOS button cover, the camera goes into protection mode, so the protected clip library is unduly filled with recordings.  Not the end of the world, it's not causing recordings to be lost, but annoying and unnecessary.  I've set the sensitivity to the lowest level too.

2. More seriously, there have been a few incidents where it froze, just displayed video mode screen or "Nextbase" screen without recording.  I either needed to press record, power off then on or use the hard reset tab.  It happened just a few times in the first month, and I thought I'd wait to see if it settled down.  I reformatted the SD card a few times, but it seemed to be a continuing problem so I started logging incidents on my maintenance database from 24th August.  There have been 5 to date, when I've had a couple more I'll report it to my Service Manger first, and ask if he wants to handle it or if I should first seek advice from Nextbase.  I feel it probably needs replacing, but we'll see.

It's worrying that an incident could occur when it's not recording.  If these issues were resolved I'd be happy enough with it.  The quality of recordings is quite impressive.

20190916_180638 small.jpg

Picked up my Awd Excel in Galaxy black today... Having unloaded my Passat I took my time attempting to pack my tools/etc back into the Rav and as a consequence  its neat but I'm going to need some custom racking to make the most of it. 

I did have time for a 60 mile round trip on the A3 and managed a quite respectable 49mpg average having reset at the garage where I filled up. I'm impressed, so far so good.. Run up to London and back tomorrow with some "round town" driving too... Hopefully I can take the opportunity to familiarise myself with more of the on board tech. 

Chuft so far 😁

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Thanks PeteB that dash is brilliant, I wish Toyota would fit our choices on Dashcams as I like the Viofo cams, thanks for that picture 👍

Ezcritique I bet it looks nice in black, let us know how your getting on with it, 49mpg is good 👍

IMG_1014.thumb.jpg.ada7dd4d130b11ac71e648d15ca361c7.jpg

Below the row of switches is a recessed area, strangely very small, if someone figures out what it is for or what it does please tell me. I cannot find any reference to it in handbook and I cannot figure it out. It is almost like a place for putting a car park ticket, it is credit card size.

Also if anyone knows what advantage there is for going on to Entune and registering your self to Mytoyota please tell me. Are there Apps I should be downloading?

One slight irritation for me is when I start the car the central display shows 3 views, the large view is the satnav. It seems you can customise the other 2 small views but not the large view. So every time I start I get the satnav, and this distracts me. Is there anyway to turn that off to stop it automatically loading up satnav, or switch it to another view like a large clock? So at the moment after turning on the car I get rid of the satnav by going to media/music.

45 minutes ago, Buff69 said:

...wish Toyota would fit our choices on Dashcams as I like the Viofo cams...

My dealer, at least, is happy to fit other dashcams - they did on my last 2 cars (for a fee, or course).

But on this one, the Nextbase seemed close enough to my requirements so I went for it.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Scottydog007 said:

Below the row of switches is a recessed area...

...One slight irritation for me is when I start the car the central display shows 3 views...Is there anyway to turn that off to stop it automatically loading up satnav...

The only suggestion I've seen is for people who have a card to access a gate, office car park etc.

I don't think you can stop the 'Home' screen starting by default, and the SatNav view's not much good even if you wanted it as on that view it only shows North Up.  If you haven't found out already, you can tap one of the small screens on the display to take you there - it's easier to hit than the little buttons.

I agree it would be nice if the car displayed the same screen that was visible when you switched off.  Precious Toyotas I've owned did this.

Even the main SatNav screen keeps going back to North Up when you select it after starting the car, but strangely, not every time.  Others have said Toyota know about this and will fix it in a future update.

59 minutes ago, PeteB said:

The only suggestion I've seen is for people who have a card to access a gate, office car park etc.

I don't think you can stop the 'Home' screen starting by default, and the SatNav view's not much good even if you wanted it as on that view it only shows North Up.  If you haven't found out already, you can tap one of the small screens on the display to take you there - it's easier to hit than the little buttons.

I agree it would be nice if the car displayed the same screen that was visible when you switched off.  Precious Toyotas I've owned did this.

Even the main SatNav screen keeps going back to North Up when you select it after starting the car, but strangely, not every time.  Others have said Toyota know about this and will fix it in a future update.

1 hour ago, Scottydog007 said:

IMG_1014.thumb.jpg.ada7dd4d130b11ac71e648d15ca361c7.jpg

If it is a 'credit card size' slot may be I'll keep my RAC membership card here. I wanted to put a smiling emoji here but can't.

Grrrrrrrrrrrr. Just got an email to say my order has been put back until March now. I ordered in July. Hopefully they will not put it back any further in the coming weeks.

My current RAV4 hybrid (67 plate) is very nearly on 70k and quite a few interior rattles have crept in. Hopefully if the new model ever arrives to me it will be better put together.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Phill111 said:

Grrrrrrrrrrrr. Just got an email to say my order has been put back until March now. I ordered in July. Hopefully they will not put it back any further in the coming weeks.

My current RAV4 hybrid (67 plate) is very nearly on 70k and quite a few interior rattles have crept in. Hopefully if the new model ever arrives to me it will be better put together.

Sorry to hear your news...what model have you ordered ?

I ordered a 2WD Dynamic in Obsidian Blue on May 30th. Originally expected in Sept/Oct it was pushed out to February 2020 in August.  No change since.

Must admit, im getting a tad impatient. 

2 hours ago, SEH said:

I ordered a 2WD Dynamic in Obsidian Blue on May 30th. Originally expected in Sept/Oct it was pushed out to February 2020 in August.  No change since.

That is a hell of a wait, considering I ordered mine exactly just 1 month earlier than you and have been driving around it a couple of weeks now. Order book must have gone nuts

11 hours ago, SEH said:

Obsidian Blue Excel 4WD with JBL and the silly camera. I am guessing the extras ordered have added to the delay. I am impatient too.

😄 Displayed average of 54 mpg over a 220 mile trip to and around London and back which allowing for a 5% margin of error is still really good and its only been in the wild 2 days!! I'm very happy with it so far... Hang in there all those awaiting delivery as based on initial impressions it's worth a wait!! Still working on gadgets and gizmos and I was more than a little worried trying to get through some of the "pinch points" they use everywhere for traffic calming... Very little space to get through those nasty metal pillars.... 

a white 2019 passed me today in traffic, decked out as a minicab, a great choice for a cab, if a bit expensive!!. So if you want a ride in one while waiting maybe book an Uber?

On 9/17/2019 at 5:19 PM, griff279 said:

Don't know but found this looks like a old floppy drive

rav floppy.jpg

Heated steering wheel. But I guess you knew that.

I am now looking to have a tow bar fitted. Toyota quoted £700 for fixed low cost one. I was expecting less as they do not have to add wiring as it is already there. For the Rav4 2018 version they put it on for £450 which I know was very cheap, £700 is a big jump.

On 9/20/2019 at 2:17 PM, Scottydog007 said:

I am now looking to have a tow bar fitted. Toyota quoted £700 for fixed low cost one. I was expecting less as they do not have to add wiring as it is already there

techdoc still shows a wiring kit installation https://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/04982a59-0521-4101-ac7f-3e48721fe9c9/RAV4_LHD_CVT_RHD_THWH_13P_7P_PW5D0_42560_AIM_004_232_4.pdf

So I’m starting to get a bit impatient now 😀. I’ve had my Dynamic 2WD with the sunroof, camera and JBL sound system upgrade on order since the beginning of May. Had the email from Toyota in July telling me I can track my order on the mytoyota app. It’s been saying processing order ever since!

Originally my dealer said Sept delivery but has since told me end of year. I do hope it doesn’t get put back again.

I’m just wondering when they might actually be starting to build my car 😄

If it's any consolation ...

I ordered my AWD Premium (I live in Belgium) with sunroof end of JAN and am still waiting... 

June delivery came and went, only to be told it won't be delivered this year ! Then better news.. production in September, October arrival, mid-nov delivery...