Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 Rav 4 - delivery - lead times - order to delivery

AdrianRot

My mistake sorry I remember now the old gray matter isn’t what it used to be lol thanks 

9 hours ago, Dorneykaz said:

I've had mine on order since May. Only in the last week has the status changed to building in progress and today its just changed to left the factory.

Thanks for that! Glad to hear the ball keeps on rolling behind the scenes. 

Ordered excel AWD in Tokyo Red yesterday..  was quoted feb 15th 2020 delivery

33 minutes ago, chris ha said:

Ordered excel AWD in Tokyo Red yesterday..  was quoted feb 15th 2020 delivery

That's impressive.  I ordered mine 27th September (Excel AWD JBL/PVM in Obsidian Blue).  I was at the dealers on Saturday to complete some paperwork - the latest for date for mine is showing 13th March.

Have you gone for JBL/PVM?

Maybe its the JBL bit, they have to give realistic dates for Motabilities sake, they dont let them extend except in very rare circumstances, so you might be suprised!!  they were on the phone an looking on the system and confirmed that date

Got my Dynamic AWD yesterday evening, long story short it was ordered by a colleague in May and he has since decided to retire at the end of the year, so I got it and he gets my 91k 2017 Tiguan. So far 500 miles done and towed for half of them and I’m impressed. 

DCD84499-B0F3-47F0-98BA-31DF2BEA9152.jpeg

728C39AD-C569-4934-B4BF-91E38D6AD411.jpeg

628F83B4-1771-4DDE-A9F0-DCF6F9E67C22.jpeg

• Like 1

Ordered mine in May, just got a follow up call again today... looking a January now. 8months.

Have any of you managed to get a decent discount? I got about 12% off, not bad considering that I only had to wait 14 weeks.

it seems AWD are shipping quicker the FWD, dont know why, I spoke to the dealer today about my order made 2 days ago, and he said if I went FWD I would be looking a April\may delivery

Good point, well with an excel in white, pan jbl pancam I managed to get the price in the dealer down to 34 including cost of finance... which I thought was pretty good.

i know people hate talking about this stuff but would be good to know if anyone just paid asking price in the first place

5 hours ago, Yerpthatsaquiche said:

Good point, well with an excel in white, pan jbl pancam I managed to get the price in the dealer down to 34 including cost of finance... which I thought was pretty good.

i know people hate talking about this stuff but would be good to know if anyone just paid asking price in the first place

Nobody should ever have to pay RRP. All I did was try Carwow > Drivethedeal > Broadspeed > Autoebid in that order, got the best offiicial email quote and phoned local dealers to price match, which one did without fuss. I see that some Mercs are now 40% off, but I'd still choose my RAV4 any day!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

Nobody should ever have to pay RRP. All I did was try Carwow > Drivethedeal > Broadspeed > Autoebid ...

I tentatively ordered before my dealer even had a demonstrator and confirmed in March when I got my first, brief test drive.  At the time, the internet sites weren't quoting the model I wanted, and I wasn't expecting to do well on the deal given it was already obvious demand would be high and supplies were short.  As it was, I got may car after 3 months.

The deal my salesman (who I've dealt with a few times) put together surprised me under the circumstances, as it included what I considered a good discount, a very good trade-in and 2 years' interest free credit.  Since I normally pay the balance in cash, I opted for minimal monthly payments (£206) with a rather big final payment.  As my trade-in was above the maximum allowable deposit, they transferred a very significant sum into my bank account as part of the deal.  This, plus the amount of the loan, will be earning (admittedly pitiful) interest in the mean time - better than nothing.

Out of respect for my salesman, I don't want to be more specific about numbers, and while I may have done a bit better still if I'd shopped around and waited a bit longer, the 4th Gen Prius I had previously had turned out to be so low to the ground I was having extreme pain in my hips most of the time, but especially getting in and out of the car.  The RAV4 was the only Hybrid that drove the Toyota Hybrids drive that also met most of my other 'must haves', and I wanted it yesterday or preferably sooner!  As it happens, my hip and knock-on knee/back problems have all but gone away in the 4 months I've had the RAV.

• Like 1

Spoke to my dealer today and they confirmed delivery of my AWD Obsidian Blue JBL will be delivered in March, so I have had quite a wait and have more to go. They also said any new orders placed today will not be delivered until September 2020. Seems to me Toyota have underestimated sales by quite some margin

• Like 1

I have a delivery date of mid feb from a order for AWD made 7 days ago

• Like 1

Hi Phill, I ordered almost the same car as you less than 4 weeks ago and have an estimated delivery of 13th March.

It seems odd to me that in less than 4 weeks the delivery times have jumped 6 months!  Strangely this does tie in with the date mentioned in the Apple Carplay/Android Auto thread about when cars with this functionality will be delivered:

On 10/19/2019 at 5:47 PM, Teresap said:

Hope it’s ok I copied and pasted the above post to my supplying dealer and his response was as follows 

Hi Teresa,

Nice to hear from you.

Yes I had a nice time away thank you.

Your Rav4 is still looking good for March registration and delivery.

Yes the Apple car play is being added to the 20.5 models, but this is going to reflect in a cost increase of around £500 we are being told by Toyota. 

Your car will not have the Apple car play, however it will be available as a retro fit option of which again I am told will cost approx £500 thus not making any difference due to your car being cheaper.

If you decide to fit later in the future then it will always be an option

The 20.5 models will not be available for delivery until at least summer if not September, as Toyota are still producing the current order bank they have.

Regards

MrBee

I would query that I have just seen a Toyota dealer bulletin that basically says.

January Production slots will include Apple Car Play, if you have ordered to date the £150 cost will be absorbed,

I have also confirmed my delivery date as 20th March 2020 from an order made for AWD 2 weeks ago,

Hope this helps

Hi Chris

What you say ties in more with the previous advice on the Apple/Android changes and makes more sense. 

I see your delivery has slipped 4 weeks or so.  Does this mean it will be a January build?  I'm not sure of the timings, but I think I read somewhere that it takes 38-40 days for the cars to reach the UK from Japan on the ship.

Maybe it's hidden within the 24 pages of this thread, but I wonder how long it takes for a car to get to the UK from the very start of the build stage.  So, if they start building your car on 1st January 2020, roughly when would it get to the UK and then to the dealer?

Hi MrBee , I had a drop dead date of no later than end of Feb and carplay available, I made very sure it is all documented in my agreement, I have specific requirements that I won't go into but after 1st March I will be out of the country for quite some time so i need it, all be it say in my garage in feb.. In fact I went AWD because the delivery was earlier. I also have my deposit in escrow if they fail to deliver. They made loads of calls before agreeing to it but they did eventually. What was inferred to me wasthe "new" build will actually start when the old stocks have run out which will probably be mid to late december, certainly no later than start of january

Spoke to my dealer chap today about MY20.5 cars. Looks like mine was due to be an MY20 delivery for Jan/feb. Seeing as there is a 3 month delay they have agreed to set the car back a bit until the MY20.5 cars come. I think March/April making the total wait 11months 🙂 meh 😑 I’m not fussed as long as I wind up with carplay. I have to pay £150 for the privilege of this as it is not price protected apparently.... may be able to sort this though I guess with a bit of discussion. 

it sounds like any cars due in Jan/feb will me MY20 anything from March/April will be a 20.5 but what do I know... I’m just someone on the inter webs.

Sounds about right.. I get the impression that once they run out of "bits" they will start 20.5, I would argue the point in the £150 by the way, a gesture from them for the delay might be good PR

Thank you, that is good info from someone from the inter web 🤣

I'm crossing fingers that mine is 20.5!

3 hours ago, MrBee said:

Thank you, that is good info from someone from the inter web 🤣

I'm crossing fingers that mine is 20.5!

Me too. Hopefully we will be happy in a few months.

just went on to download map updates for wife's car and noticed they've updated the Rav section.

went on the compare and its taking the P out of me quoting no wait for a 2 wheel drive Icon.

Rav compare.jpg

My RAV4 is due March/April    My dealer has said that my car will not be 20.5 therefore it won’t have CarPlay but CarPlay will be available as a retro fit for about £500