Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 Rav 4 - delivery - lead times - order to delivery

AdrianRot

Interesting.. I asked about retrofitting and I was told that retrofitting was not an option. 

the head unit is totally different but I guess perhaps the connectors are all the same behind the dash etc. 

wonder why I was told there is no way that this can be done. 

It’s all very confusing we are told different thing by our dealers regarding the Apple CarPlay 

just don’t know what to believe.

I can see this whole car play thing being quite negative for Toyota. I would not be surprised if some attempted a class action on the grounds that they were lead to believe it would be a simple software upgrade.

Personally it would be less of an issue had Toyota not removed the google search facility from their sat nav. I used it all the time and found it very useful. We are now left with a POI search that is effectively useless. I find I have to find addresses on my phone and either use that as a sat nav or find post codes on my phone and enter that. Before I could simply use the google search facility to find almost anything and be taken to it. It was the main thing that made the system useful but that got taken away a few months ago. So I was hoping car play would be a suitable replacement but it sounds like at least for me as a company car driver that is not going to be an option.  Very disappointing 

I just wish someone can give all a definitive answer to the question of Apple CarPlay 

I’ve seen on here there are so many different versions of what, when and if Toyota are going to include CarPlay or if it’s even going to be possible to retro fit it to an existing 2019 model RAV4. And then there’s issue of the cost of it! My dealer in Southampton says my car AWD excel due for delivery in March definitely won’t have CarPlay but he says it can be retro fitted at a cost of about £500 others on forum say they have been told by there dealers that it will be £150 to retro fit and others say it won’t be possible at all to retro fit. So what is the truth? am I being lied to by my dealer?

I agree. I'm confused to say the least. Chish ha has a contractual agreement (see previous page) that he'll get his AWD model in March with Apple Car play. 

My AWD is due March too, but dealer is yet to confirm if I'll get it. Seems dealers struggling to get answers from Toyota Japan. 

4 hours ago, MrBee said:

Chish ha has a contractual agreement (see previous page) that he'll get his AWD model in March with Apple Car play. 

The contractual arrangement will be with the retailer, not the manufacturer.

55 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

The contractual arrangement will be with the retailer, not the manufacturer.

True, but I'd expect that the retailer would have checked with the manufacturer before entering into the agreement. So this suggests Car Play could be possible in March. 

Maybe - but it is still the retailer's risk that Car Play may not be possible in March.

They did quite a lot of calls Etc etc before agreeing it, I explained to them as it's an absolute deal breaker and I will happily walk across the road to buy my second choice and skip Toyota completely,  I was there today to order boot protectors to be fitted when I get it, and confirmed 20.5 in March in car play, and apparently there's a change to the key to stop it transmitting so it can't be cloned and a few other minor tweaks

Then again, if the order doesn't include what you want and you walk, the dealer will easily be able to sell the vehicle, so the risk, although there, is relatively easy to overcome.

With all the uncertainty of what will or not happen regarding Apple CarPlay 

I’ve been looking to see if mirror link will work but Apparently Apple don’t support mirror link, is this correct?

Does this mean I will have to go back to an android phone for it to interact with the current 2019 RAV4 information system using mirror link?

with all this in mind it might be better to cancel my order and perhaps buy my second choice which does have Apple CarPlay (Mitsubishi outlander PHEV)

Whilst ACP or AA  is a major omission in my view I guess the decision to purchase or lease depends on your priorities.
I have had neither in my last 2 cars - BMW 3 series & Audi A1 so I am no worse off and leased the RAV4 hoping ACP & AA would become available but the low tax, MPG & amount I can claim back on business miles were my priorities hence my decision to choose the RAV4, having said that if I were a private buyer I might have chosen something else. 

The conflicting information from the dealers and Toyota UK does not help I agree ( a bit like trying to understand labours view on Brexit ! ) and they would be well advised in my view to issue some sort of statement to all new owners and the dealers to clarify the position, they must know their plans so just tell us how it is for the sake of clarity, that way customers can make their own purchasing decisions.

I used to be indecisive, now I’m not too sure.

I’ve just had a response from Toyota Uk 

they agree with my dealer Snows of Southampton that ACP is going to be a retro fit option but there is no confirmed price for this as yet! My dealer has said in the past that he thinks it will be about £500.

They have offered another solution to the ACP problem which is to cancel my current order and reorder the latter model 20.5 for delivery in June of next year.. I don’t know the cost implications in doing this.

i know there are people on here who think they are getting there cars in March with ACP but it appears that they have been misled 

Nice to know but my dealer is also aware that that the wife's CH-R us dependant on them delivering

Just had the call I've been waiting from from my dealership. My car has arrived. Earlier than expected so that's good. Now to sort out the finance etc and its all go 🙂 Should have it in the next few weeks hopefully. 

My Toyota info isn't updated though still just says its left Japan 🙂 

2 hours ago, Dorneykaz said:

Just had the call I've been waiting from from my dealership. My car has arrived. Earlier than expected so that's good. Now to sort out the finance etc and its all go 🙂 Should have it in the next few weeks hopefully. 

My Toyota info isn't updated though still just says its left Japan 🙂 

Congratulations!! 

When did you place the order and what spec? 

Still have just under 20 weeks to wait for my AWD Excel 😴

43 minutes ago, MrBee said:

Congratulations!! 

When did you place the order and what spec? 

Still have just under 20 weeks to wait for my AWD Excel 😴

I placed my order in early May. It’s for the dynamic FWD with the pan roof/cam and JBL sound system. 

Originally it was supposed to have been for Sept but got the call that it would be end of the year poss Jan. So was surprised to get the call to say it was with the dealer

8 hours ago, Dorneykaz said:

...Should have it in the next few weeks hopefully...

If by "arrived" you mean in the UK, I picked mine up 16 days after being told it had come off the ship.

If you mean it's in the dealership, I had to wait 4 days from it's arrival (but I'd given them some extra things to do, like programming the windows to open/close with the remote, fitting 4 sill protectors (aka scuff plates), side body mouldings on the doors and a dashcam).

3 hours ago, PeteB said:

If by "arrived" you mean in the UK, I picked mine up 16 days after being told it had come off the ship.

If you mean it's in the dealership, I had to wait 4 days from it's arrival (but I'd given them some extra things to do, like programming the windows to open/close with the remote, fitting 4 sill protectors (aka scuff plates), side body mouldings on the doors and a dashcam).

Apparently it’s at the dealership in their compound. I could get it straight away but the finance chap is on holiday this week so need to wait for him to come back so we can sort all that.

On 8/28/2019 at 12:57 PM, Woody92 said:

Ordered an Excel 4 x4 Obsidian Blue with Beige leather and  Premium Pack middle of June. Finally, I have just got an ETA Middle of November. Not happy as such but based on some of the posts I will take it. If it went (or goes) in to 2020 I would be looking to cancel as my A6 has gone back and I'm in a rental car! Keeping everything crossed it comes then and is worth the wait!

Just confirmed that it is being delivered tomorrow!! Very excited and looking forward to feeding back pics and how I get on. I'm told it looks the dogs... but the saleman would say that wouldnt he? 

3 hours ago, Woody92 said:

Just confirmed that it is being delivered tomorrow!! Very excited and looking forward to feeding back pics and how I get on. I'm told it looks the dogs... but the saleman would say that wouldnt he? 

Excellent!! 

That's an impressively quick delivery. I ordered only one month later than you, and still have an estimated 19 weeks to wait. 

It would be good to see your pictures as you have the same colour and similar spec to me. 

5 months for a AWD seems the norm  FWD is longer especially the Design

I  ordered Obsidion Blue, tan interior, AWD Excel, Pano roof, Black  Alloys, on 16th Sept.  Told delivery  c April 1/2020.  Since then have seen an estimated handover of 01/02/20

Does anyone know if the 2020 version has been upgraded - for instance will it get AppleCarPlay?  Also will there be any choice of All-Terrain tyres/wheels.  (They are available in USA)

10 minutes ago, chadhurstmike said:

Does anyone know if the 2020 version has been upgraded - for instance will it get AppleCarPlay?

See Devon Aygo's post of September 26 (page 3) in the following topic -