Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 Rav 4 - delivery - lead times - order to delivery

AdrianRot

I have been following this thread for a while in excited anticipation of getting my new RAV 4 Company Car which was ordered in May this year. I  received a call last week saying the the car would be delivered to me on Monday and my 140,000 mile Audi would be collected. I just received another call this morning to say the car has been damaged in the flooding at Toyota Derby to the extent that it has been written off. The only option offered was to resubmit the order and go to the back of the waiting list -  likely May/June 2020 for delivery. I am so disappointed. I guess that when people are losing their homes to flooding, it would seem crass to complain too much. Probably now going to opt for another make (Tiguan or a Sportage) both of which could be available by February. Oh well very nearly a RAV 4 owner.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Allan26 said:

I have been following this thread for a while in excited anticipation of getting my new RAV 4 Company Car which was ordered in May this year. I  received a call last week saying the the car would be delivered to me on Monday and my 140,000 mile Audi would be collected. I just received another call this morning to say the car has been damaged in the flooding at Toyota Derby to the extent that it has been written off. The only option offered was to resubmit the order and go to the back of the waiting list -  likely May/June 2020 for delivery. I am so disappointed. I guess that when people are losing their homes to flooding, it would seem crass to complain too much. Probably now going to opt for another make (Tiguan or a Sportage) both of which could be available by February. Oh well very nearly a RAV 4 owner.

Must have been terrible flooding, I have been happily crossing some quite badly flooded roads last few days, part the advantage of an SUV, they were deep enough to see normal cars turn around and not attempt some of them.
Often Japanese/Korean cars are the quickest delivery as the options are limited so not necessarily a factory build may be from stock.
Those other vehicles are going to cost you more in company car tax than the RAV would have due to the higher emissions unfortunately.

10 hours ago, Allan26 said:

Sorry to hear that, you must be gutted. Even though I was lucky to get mine on 01SEP after also ordering in May, my 2nd choice was the Seat Tarraco 2.0 TSI Ex Lux and 3rd was the Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 TSI Edition, both with DSG - if the RAV4 fell through. I know they're much thirstier than the RAV4, but I just refuse to go diesel. Knowing how superb the RAV4 is now, I suggest you lease something else short term if possible until you get yours in May/June. It'll have the updated infotainment too! TBH... it's easy living without Android Auto and I don't see why so many are moaning about it. Oh... How about a Lexus NX if budget permits?

Anyway, glad to see one less Audi on the road and I hope you didn't tailgate too much! 😉

On 10/8/2019 at 5:09 PM, MrBee said:

Hi

Sorry, this is probably a bit of a newbie question, but how do I track my order on My Toyota? 

Is this by adding my ordered car in the 'Add you Toyota' option and then putting in the VIN?  I have the order form from the dealer, but it does not show the VIN. 

Many thanks

Hello

I still cannot track my car order. I mentioned it to the dealer mid Oct and have chased multiple times, but they don't seem to have a clue. 

Is anyone else able to track their Rav4 order online, and if so, how did they arrange it? 

Thanks 

have you got the VIN number from your dealer? if so you can track it via the My Toyota, and I believe through a toyota website, I will try and dig out the link

Thanks Chris. 

Have you got your VIN already? My car's estimated delivery is mid/late March, about the same as yours. So if you have yours, mine should be available too. 

Did a bit of Googling on VINs and seems they are not allocated normally until the  build starts. I'm sure I've seen people have said their order status is in the queue (pre build), so I'm a bit confused how they can track without the VIN

I haven’t got a vin number yet but Toyota have told me mine is due at the dealer 17th February. 

Car ordered on the 15th August. 

my order on mytoyota is still showing processing.

Does anyone know what Toyota plant in Japan the rav4 comes from?

I’m sure I’ve read somewhere that the cars take about 6 weeks to get here and that they come into Bristol docks is this true or false?

Thanks Teresa

Do you know how Toyota/your dealer got your order showing on mytoyota?

I have chased my dealer again today on this.  But they seem very reluctant to reply once they have your order.  Strange that!

I ordered my Rav4 on the 15th August and had the link sent to me on the 17th August with all the order details all ready loaded all I had to do is register on to mytoyota and now I check it it nearly every day to see if there’s any movement (sadly non as yet still processing)

• Thanks 1

Although my car is due at the dealer on the 17th February I’m not taking delivery until the 1st March (20 plate)

i know that’s a Sunday and garages don’t normally hand over on a Sunday my salesman has said he will come especially for the handover 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Teresap said:

Although my car is due at the dealer on the 17th February I’m not taking delivery until the 1st March (20 plate)

i know that’s a Sunday and garages don’t normally hand over on a Sunday my salesman has said he will come especially for the handover 

Nice!

Mine is due mid march, but I've said I do not want it before 1st March if it's early.

I have just heard from the dealer saying I should be getting an email from Toyota with details to allow my to track the order.  I ordered 8 weeks ago, so I'm not holding my breath.

Hi Teresap, I ordered my RAV4 on 22 August and was given the date as being 16 February. So that all seems to gel. Like you, I’m waiting until March 1st for delivery. I have a personal plate which is being put on the RAV4, but the ‘20 reg will probably help when it needs re-registering in a future trade-in.

My order is also still showing “processing”

Time until delivery is dragging too slowly!

No Vin yet,,, I will ask my dealer if he has registered with MyToyota, and see what happensh

On 10/25/2019 at 6:03 PM, Yerpthatsaquiche said:

Spoke to my dealer chap today about MY20.5 cars. Looks like mine was due to be an MY20 delivery for Jan/feb. Seeing as there is a 3 month delay they have agreed to set the car back a bit until the MY20.5 cars come. I think March/April making the total wait 11months 🙂 meh 😑 I’m not fussed as long as I wind up with carplay. I have to pay £150 for the privilege of this as it is not price protected apparently.... may be able to sort this though I guess with a bit of discussion. 

it sounds like any cars due in Jan/feb will me MY20 anything from March/April will be a 20.5 but what do I know... I’m just someone on the inter webs.

Well.... well ... well! So I had a call today from the dealer. Apparently now even though my car was going to be a 20.5 I’m going to have to pay an additional £800 if I want CarPlay. If he comes back confirming this I’m dropping the car and getting a flipping unicorn 🦄 called Wallis. I think I may be getting 🤜👌 here 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yerpthatsaquiche said:

Well.... well ... well! So I had a call today from the dealer. Apparently now even though my car was going to be a 20.5 I’m going to have to pay an additional £800 if I want CarPlay. If he comes back confirming this I’m dropping the car and getting a flipping unicorn 🦄 called Wallis. I think I may be getting 🤜👌 here 

That sounds really odd. All the reports point to 20.5 having this built in. 

When is your estimated delivery date? 

On 5/12/2019 at 8:43 PM, daiashthomas said:

Connector is legit!
All wired up, just needs something to plug into it emoji1417.png

20190512_203621.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Did you ever get any further with this? I am looking at installing a wireless charger in that spot but am unsure how to connect it using this😂

9 minutes ago, chris ha said:

what was your order date?

Order date was May the 15th ish 

17 minutes ago, Yerpthatsaquiche said:

Order date was May the 15th ish 

And what is your estimated delivery date? 

27 minutes ago, MrBee said:

And what is your estimated delivery date? 

Delivery should have been in October but was delayed until January 10th 

there is something doing the rounds that pre 30th September orders there are no price increase, its here somewhere

54 minutes ago, chris ha said:

there is something doing the rounds that pre 30th September orders there are no price increase, its here somewhere

See Devon Aygo's post of September 26 on page 3 of the following topic - 

9 hours ago, Yerpthatsaquiche said:

Delivery should have been in October but was delayed until January 10th 

Are you 100% sure yours will be a 20.5 model? 

The thread referred to above suggests 20.5 models will not start to be made until January 2020.  Chris ha has had confirmation from his dealer that his will have Apple Carplay for delivery around 20th March - which suggests this would be one of the first 20.5 models.

My delivery is estimated mid/late March and I'm still waiting for the dealer to let me know if it will be a 20.5.