Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 Rav 4 - delivery - lead times - order to delivery

AdrianRot

57 minutes ago, Teresap said:

Hi I have a delivery date to the dealer of the 17th February for my rav4 but it’s still showing order processing on my Toyota can anyone tell me when I should see my Toyota change to build in progress?

Hi - my delivery date is one day before yours! The Toyota app is still showing “processing” on my car as well. Don’t know when the system will change to build! I think I read on another post somewhere that a member still had processing on the site when it was delivered to the dealer.

On 12/2/2019 at 9:34 AM, Zoot2 said:

Hi - my delivery date is one day before yours! The Toyota app is still showing “processing” on my car as well. Don’t know when the system will change to build! I think I read on another post somewhere that a member still had processing on the site when it was delivered to the dealer.

Snap! Mine is showing processing but it’s on its way... 

Also! Had a call from the dealer and they have now been told by Toyota that they will be offering CarPlay retrofit in May 2020 for 19 and 20 model RAV4s! £150 apparently. I’ll be getting booked in for sure.

I ordered my new Rav4 excel AWD in Decuma Grey with beige interior first week of August. I was given a delivery date of January. That has now been changed to mid February. I told them in that case, I'll have a March delivery for new plate. What's the point of getting the car two weeks before the new plate after waiting all that time?

On 11/27/2019 at 10:15 AM, SEH said:

Ordered my 2WD Dynamic in May. Just been told its in build with a delivery to dealership in mid January. 

However if build is complete before Xmas shutdown it may arrive sooner.

Anybody know how long shipping takes from Japan?

Just been told by dealer that my 2WD Excel with Pano Roof (also ordered in May) has at last shipped. Dealer spoke to Toyota and told me that it is on the Sirius Highway which is due in to UK on 30th Dec.  Car delivery date on 17th Jan - reassuring to see consistency amongst dealers.   Found a Vessel finder app - shows the ship due in Suez Canal on Dec 16th. 

My "My Toyota" still shows car is at Processing Order stage - hope it works better when using it to book a service!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chris95 said:

Just been told by dealer that my 2WD Excel with Pano Roof (also ordered in May) has at last shipped. Dealer spoke to Toyota and told me that it is on the Sirius Highway which is due in to UK on 30th Dec.  Car delivery date on 17th Jan - reassuring to see consistency amongst dealers.   Found a Vessel finder app - shows the ship due in Suez Canal on Dec 16th. 

My "My Toyota" still shows car is at Processing Order stage - hope it works better when using it to book a service!

Must be great to be able to track your car yourself, and just as well since MyToyota tracking is so out of date. 

Seems the MyToyota tracking is a bit hit and miss. 

Got an update on my order today (Excel AWD, JVC/PVM) 

Order placed 26th September, was originally scheduled for delivery about 20th March. The dealer says it is just in build now and estimated delivery has improved to around end Feb. If all goes to plan I will pick up 1st week of March for the 20 plate. 

He thinks it is a MY20, but is awaiting confirmation on this. Based on all the information on this forum, I think it will be. 

I’ve got news on the delivery of my rav4 although the my Toyota app says the order is processing apparently my car is now at see due to arrive at the Toyota processing unit in Bristol at the beginning of February 

3 hours ago, Teresap said:

I’ve got news on the delivery of my rav4 although the my Toyota app says the order is processing apparently my car is now at see due to arrive at the Toyota processing unit in Bristol at the beginning of February 

Excellent news. Nicely in time for 1st March 😀

Any ideas if yours is a MY20 or MY20 5?

Hi all.

New here.  Ordered my Excel 2.5 Hybrid AWD with Pano roof back in July.  Although the website displays "processing order" I've just had it confirmed that it will be delivered to me on the 16th January.  Suspect problems with their website.

What does 

8 hours ago, MrBee said:

Excellent news. Nicely in time for 1st March 😀

Any ideas if yours is a MY20 or MY20 5?

What does MY20 or MY20 5 mean please? I've had loads of Toyota's and ordered a new one in August, but never heard this term except on here and never in full. Thanks

MY refers to model year. Often towards the end of a calendar year, vehicle manufacturers introduce specification changes for the following year (eg towards the end of 2019 a manufacturer may announce the spec changes for 2020, and this would be referred to as MY20). MY20.5 would be a further change in specification that may be available at a later date in 2020.

Model Year is different to the year of registration, which is the date a car is first registered for use on the road. It is possible for a MY20 vehicle to go on sale at the end of 2019 and be first registered in, for example, December 2019. In which case, legally it would be a 2019 vehicle.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pipertheflattie said:

Hi all.

New here.  Ordered my Excel 2.5 Hybrid AWD with Pano roof back in July.  Although the website displays "processing order" I've just had it confirmed that it will be delivered to me on the 16th January.  Suspect problems with their website.

Welcome to the forum. 

Yes, others have said theirs are still at processing despite being at sea. I still cannot track mine on My Toyota at all despite chasing the dealer over 10 times since the end of September. I've given up chasing now as it seems pointless if it just says "Processing" all the time. 

Ordered my Dynamic 2WD in May. Broker confirmed January delivery today but without any further build status update..

Broker is trying to sell a maintenance package to me through Autoserve. Can anyone advise if this is better value than through Toyota direct?      

6 minutes ago, SEH said:

Broker is trying to sell a maintenance package to me through Autoserve. Can anyone advise if this is better value than through Toyota direct?      

Without knowing costings for both, doubt it.

Aside from that, doubt whether Autoserve will be able to undertake any warranty work.

2 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

MY refers to model year. Often towards the end of a calendar year, vehicle manufacturers introduce specification changes for the following year (eg towards the end of 2019 a manufacturer may announce the spec changes for 2020, and this would be referred to as MY20). MY20.5 would be a further change in specification that may be available at a later date in 2020.

Model Year is different to the year of registration, which is the date a car is first registered for use on the road. It is possible for a MY20 vehicle to go on sale at the end of 2019 and be first registered in, for example, December 2019. In which case, legally it would be a 2019 vehicle.

Thank you

Well great news we had an email from our dealer saying it’s gone to build but he is ignoring my emails about the the progress check thing on my Toyota and the VIN number 

On 12/13/2019 at 1:42 PM, Buff69 said:

Well great news we had an email from our dealer saying it’s gone to build but he is ignoring my emails about the the progress check thing on my Toyota and the VIN number 

Yes much the same here according to dealer my car is at due for delivery to the Bristol Toyota processing centre uk on the 1st Feb But is ignoring my requests for the my Toyota app and vin number to be updated as the app still says processing!

I'm in conversation with Toyota uk at the moment over this but still waiting for a resolution from them! 

I contacted my dealer last week and was advised they have a delivery date to them of 20 January. The Toyota app still shows “processing” - I’ve arranged a handover time and date for the 1st of March so in theory, when I come to sell it, it will be registered on 1st  March. (This due to private reg number).

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Teresap said:

Yes much the same here according to dealer my car is at due for delivery to the Bristol Toyota processing centre uk on the 1st Feb But is ignoring my requests for the my Toyota app and vin number to be updated as the app still says processing!

I'm in conversation with Toyota uk at the moment over this but still waiting for a resolution from them! 

It really annoys me, it’s something so simple but they just don’t bother 

4 hours ago, Buff69 said:

It really annoys me, it’s something so simple but they just don’t bother 

Toyota Customer Relations ref: CASE1240794

Good afternoon Teresa,

Thank you for your email.
I have looked into your query and I have been informed there is a delay in having this section of the Vehicle Order Tracker updated.

In addition I can confirm your vehicle is currently in transit so I can confirm there has been updates for your vehicle being processed.

We are looking into this to have this changed and it should be reflected into your My Toyota account.

Kind regards,
Moses Matovu
Multimedia Support
Toyota (GB) PLC  
Distributor of vehicles, parts and accessories for the UK

• Thanks 1

On 12/3/2019 at 12:45 PM, Chris95 said:

I think my vehicle may be on this carrier also....thanks for info.  I see its now approaching Livorno in Italy.

After being told that my vehicle ( Dynamic FWD )had just gone into build on 27th November and should arrive in mid Jan, I have had an update from my Broker informing me that it will be one of the last of the MY19 builds. 

I thought MY20 production had commenced in October to include the Audio warning system that is now a legal requirement for all new Hybrid or BEV's ? 

If that's the case will Toyota have to retrofit to include the above does anyone know ?

TIA

28 minutes ago, SEH said:

I thought MY20 production had commenced in October to include the Audio warning system that is now a legal requirement for all new Hybrid or BEV's ? 

If that's the case will Toyota have to retrofit to include the above does anyone know ?

Sound generator legislation came in July 2019 for EV/hybrid vehicles with New Type Approval from July 2019, and for all new EV/hybrid vehicles from July 2021. 

The Rav4 's Type Approval preceded July 2019 (it went on sale earlier in 2019), so new Rav4's sold before July 2021 won't  legally require sound generators.

1 hour ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Sound generator legislation came in July 2019 for EV/hybrid vehicles with New Type Approval from July 2019, and for all new EV/hybrid vehicles from July 2021. 

The Rav4 's Type Approval preceded July 2019 (it went on sale earlier in 2019), so new Rav4's sold before July 2021 won't  legally require sound generators.

Thanks for the quick response. So now I need to know whether my build is MY20 ( includes AVACS ) or MY19. How do I confirm this ? Is it through VIN or Reg?  

On 12/3/2019 at 12:45 PM, Chris95 said:

The Sirius Highway is due at BRL ( Bristol ) ? tonight at 17:30. Ive still had no feedback from Toyota on VIN, Build, MY or Reg for my car, although the broker was told its last of the MY19 builds. I have seen that the MY20 builds started in October and my vehicle was built in November so would think it would be a MY20 including AVAS and Anti theft Relay.

Have you had any further feedback?