Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 Rav 4 - delivery - lead times - order to delivery

AdrianRot

I ordered my RAV4 Excel AWD on the 15 Oct, and  will pick up on the 3rd January - less than 3 months! I was told when I ordered the car that it would be likely to be ready for collection between March and June. Strange there is such a big discrepancy. Excited about picking it up though - not complaining - just odd.

7 minutes ago, Jim Bannister said:

I ordered my RAV4 Excel AWD on the 15 Oct, and  will pick up on the 3rd January - less than 3 months! I was told when I ordered the car that it would be likely to be ready for collection between March and June. Strange there is such a big discrepancy. Excited about picking it up though - not complaining - just odd.

That is amazing. What colour - maybe that makes a difference? I ordered my rav4 excel AWD (Decuma Grey/Beige leather) start of August and don't get mine till 1st March! Even that date might cahnge as it changed already from January delivery

My rav4 is a AWD excel in Tokyo red with beige leather, panoramic view, JBL 

it was ordered 15th August I was originally told it would be delivered May/June. I’ve now been told that will land in the Uk on the 20th of January really good news although I’m not taking delivery until the 1st of March.

Me and a work colleague both ordered a Icon nav's  FWD on 30th of of August and was told June 2020.

We have now been given a date of the 20th of April and Confirmed they comes with Apple car play.  

Hi,so i now have our VIN number and have put it in to mytoyota app,but i still can not see the vehicle tracking information, so im really confused now so please someone help me,is there a link or web address??.  Any info much appreciated thanks.

On 12/21/2019 at 4:21 PM, FROSTYBALLS said:

Sound generator legislation came in July 2019 for EV/hybrid vehicles with New Type Approval from July 2019, and for all new EV/hybrid vehicles from July 2021. 

The Rav4 's Type Approval preceded July 2019 (it went on sale earlier in 2019), so new Rav4's sold before July 2021 won't  legally require sound generators.

I think people should watch where they're going instead of burying their faces in phones!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I think people should watch where they're going instead of burying their faces in phones!

Sound generators are intended to help people with visual impairments (ie. blind or partially sighted) identify there is an approaching EV or hybrid vehicle, which may be almost silent at low speeds.

Nothing to do with people using mobile phones.

About time people stopped making ridiculous assumptions about the legislation!

• Like 5

On 12/30/2019 at 6:20 PM, TabbyBoy said:

I do agree to a certain extent, I nearly wiped out a mother who was gazing at her home with her push chair and walked straight out in front of me on a main road

On 12/28/2019 at 10:38 PM, LorrieG said:

That is amazing. What colour - maybe that makes a difference? I ordered my rav4 excel AWD (Decuma Grey/Beige leather) start of August and don't get mine till 1st March! Even that date might cahnge as it changed already from January delivery

Hi, Cyan Splash. I ordered a pan roof and gloss black wheels with beige interior. Sorry for the late reply - just started using the forum, and should have ticked the "notify me of replies" Fingers crossed it will arrive earlier for you - though you may prefer a 20 plate.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2019 at 11:56 AM, SEH said:

The Sirius Highway is due at BRL ( Bristol ) ? tonight at 17:30. Ive still had no feedback from Toyota on VIN, Build, MY or Reg for my car, although the broker was told its last of the MY19 builds. I have seen that the MY20 builds started in October and my vehicle was built in November so would think it would be a MY20 including AVAS and Anti theft Relay.

Have you had any further feedback?  

I was told the Reg Number the day after the ship docked (29th) and have just completed some pre-delivery paperwork and will be picking up the car w/c 13th.  So after nearly 8 months I finally believe that the car actually exists!

BTW - The My Toyota website still shows it "In Production" 

20 hours ago, Jim Bannister said:

Hi, Cyan Splash. I ordered a pan roof and gloss black wheels with beige interior. Sorry for the late reply - just started using the forum, and should have ticked the "notify me of replies" Fingers crossed it will arrive earlier for you - though you may prefer a 20 plate.

The best interior and exterior combination (IMHO)... mine really turns heads!  😎  ....... enjoy.

3 hours ago, Chris95 said:

I was told the Reg Number the day after the ship docked (29th) and have just completed some pre-delivery paperwork and will be picking up the car w/c 13th.  So after nearly 8 months I finally believe that the car actually exists!

BTW - The My Toyota website still shows it "In Production" 

Do you know whether its MY19 or 20 ?  

Hi

My dealer just called to say my AWD Excel (JBL/PVM) is due to them by the end of Jan 2020.  I ordered 26/09/2019 and was originally told mid March for delivery.  I will be picking it up 1st March for the 20 plate as my existing car is a lease that ends at the end of Feb.

The dealer says it's MY19, but I'm not sure he really knows.

Is there a way of telling the production month or date from any information in the car or from the VIN?  My current BMW has a plate that has the production date punched into it?

Thanks

26 minutes ago, MrBee said:

Hi

My dealer just called to say my AWD Excel (JBL/PVM) is due to them by the end of Jan 2020.  I ordered 26/09/2019 and was originally told mid March for delivery.  I will be picking it up 1st March for the 20 plate as my existing car is a lease that ends at the end of Feb.

The dealer says it's MY19, but I'm not sure he really knows.

Is there a way of telling the production month or date from any information in the car or from the VIN?  My current BMW has a plate that has the production date punched into it?

Thanks

The model year is encoded within the VIN. Mine contains a D for 2013; yours should contain either a K for 2019 or an L for 2020 ... I think ...

4 hours ago, philip42h said:

The model year is encoded within the VIN. Mine contains a D for 2013; yours should contain either a K for 2019 or an L for 2020 ... I think ...

Thanks. I have a asked the dealer for the VIN as he must surely know it by now. 

14 hours ago, philip42h said:

Hi, my VIN doesn’t include a K or an L and my dealer says it’s in the build stage. He said it’s a MY19 but who knows, I won’t know till we get it. Does anyone know how long it takes to build?, One week, two weeks?, it’s been two weeks in the build stage now but what with Christmas and new year. It was originally pick up end of December but been told now January but if it’s still in the build stage and then six weeks on the boat? Then say a week to get to the dealer then they may have it a week before we can pick it up well that’s looking like a March pick up? (am I right in saying six weeks on the boat) and I still can’t get that vehicle progress check web page thing cheers 

The structure of a VIN is described on this Wiki page. This suggests that for North American cars the model year and plant number are encoded into digits 10 and 11 of the VIN. Further down the page it gives the codes used for the model year - D for 2013 and subsequent years by subsequent letters. My VIN has 0D as digits 10 and 11 so I expect(ed) yours to be 0K or 0L ... it looks as though I may well have got that wrong.

There are various sites that offer to decode a VIN such as this one which, when provided with my VIN got all the details of my car correct. Note these sites also appear to remember the VINs enter so ...

I've seen a Toyota Japan site that says that it takes 17-18 hours to build a car (kids site here) so I wouldn't expect it to be in the factory for more than two or three days. It'll probably spend far longer waiting for the ship to arrive and for it to be loaded before it starts its journey to the UK ...

Hi philip42h, are the vin sites safe.  My 10-11 digit is 0D so very strange but many thanks for your help just wish I could get up to date info on where it is and likely pick up cheers  

58 minutes ago, Buff69 said:

Hi philip42h, are the vin sites safe.  My 10-11 digit is 0D so very strange but many thanks for your help just wish I could get up to date info on where it is and likely pick up cheers  

I've no idea whether the VIN sites are safe or not - hence my cautionary aside. I used the one I linked to before realising that it recorded VINs - which it shouldn't really need to do (unless perhaps it wanted to clone them!) 😉

The fact that your VIN also contains 0D is indeed strange and pretty much destroys my theory on where the model year is encoded!!! 😄

2 hours ago, philip42h said:

I've no idea whether the VIN sites are safe or not - hence my cautionary aside. I used the one I linked to before realising that it recorded VINs - which it shouldn't really need to do (unless perhaps it wanted to clone them!) 😉

The fact that your VIN also contains 0D is indeed strange and pretty much destroys my theory on where the model year is encoded!!! 😄

Here's a safe way to check ... go to Toyota's Recall Checker, enter your VIN, click to say that you are not a robot and it should display basic information about your car including model year. 🙂 

• Thanks 1

On 1/3/2020 at 4:13 PM, SEH said:

Do you know whether its MY19 or 20 ?  

My understanding is MY19 with no change to the specification as ordered.  Will know for sure next week!

On 1/3/2020 at 5:28 PM, philip42h said:

I wonder if we have a temporary VIN number, I’ve seen other threads that say they have a temporary VIN number?

I guess it's possible, but it seems odd to me as a VIN would surely be allocated during the build process in stamped on the plates in the car.

Yes that’s what I thought but I read on the USA forum but it might only be there for some reason ?