Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 Rav 4 - delivery - lead times - order to delivery

AdrianRot

On 1/4/2020 at 10:20 AM, Buff69 said:

Hi philip42h, are the vin sites safe.  My 10-11 digit is 0D so very strange but many thanks for your help just wish I could get up to date info on where it is and likely pick up cheers  

Hi Lee

I've just got my VIN and I also have 0D as the 10th and 11th characters.  I think the last 6 digits indicate the build number in that batch.  Without giving away your exact details what is the range of the last 6 digits?  Mine is between 050000 and 051000.

Hi MrBee mine are between 040000 and 050000 on another forum (American) they say it’s the serial number???

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's an indication of when it was built.  It may not be a purely sequential number number (so may include check digits) so that you cannot just keep guessing other VINs.

There are loads of sites with bits of information on, but i cannot find the details of our 0D code!

This is quite useful (but a bit old):

https://parts.olathetoyota.com/blog/4585/how-to-decode-toyota-vin

I don’t know why they don’t update these sites. Can’t find anything uk based it’s USA or Australia but they can’t read UK VIN numbers. I did use one site from a link above but didn’t show much just what’s on the Toyota site. 

In some ways I'm OK with a my19.

I was not keen on having the acoustic change. I heard a trail of the sound they are adding to London buses and it sounded really odd. Although I have no idea of the planned Toyota sound. 

Maybe not politically correct but I like the idea of silence below 15mph.

Have just received the VIN for my new vehicle ( Dynamic 2WD Obsidian Blue ) from my Broker.

Its a 0J model and says 2019.

Due at dealership on 20th Jan.  

Ordered on 28th May 2019. 

Hi we have just had an update our AWD  silver Excel due to be delivered 17th Jan 👍

21 hours ago, MrBee said:

In some ways I'm OK with a my19.

I was not keen on having the acoustic change. I heard a trail of the sound they are adding to London buses and it sounded really odd. Although I have no idea of the planned Toyota sound. 

Maybe not politically correct but I like the idea of silence below 15mph.

My last car, Outlander hybrid had a sound generator, the type of sound made and the way its pointed out the front of the car, you couldn't hear it from within the car whatsoever, even with the window open outdoors, only could hear it in a multi-storey car park where it bounced off walls. It was a strange metallic ghostly noise, I became strangely tuned into it from outside and could tell my car coming (when my wife was driving it and I was out on the drive) before the car even came around the corner and within site.

I received an email yesterday from the lease firm and my delivery has been pushed back to July 15th. I ordered in August last year hoping for a May 1st delivery. I have spoken to the lease company to ask why and I'm waiting for a call back. I think this is really odd as it seems most people on here are having their orders brought forwards??

Hi - have you gone for the panoramic roof?  I think I read this can lead to delays, but your delay does seem excessive.

• Like 1

Yes, Panoramic roof. Do you know why the roof is leading to the delays?

Mine has a pan roof - collected it last week, and ordered my Excel AWD less than 3 months ago. Heard from the Dealer that 2WD take far longer than AWD.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rocks703 said:

Yes, Panoramic roof. Do you know why the roof is leading to the delays?

Sorry, I may have got that wrong 😩

There is a post in about page 27 of the thread of some who ordered in May 2019 a 2WD Pan Roof and got it Dec.  Quite a wait but nothing like yours. 

It will be interesting to see what reason you are given. 

• Like 1

I suppose it depends on where the Lease company are sourcing their cars from, you might have placed an order with them but maybe they get a few orders for the same car to get a bit of purchase clout....  just a thought

• Like 1

I seem to remember that a couple of weeks ago a large number of brand new RAV's were just unloaded and then totalled on the shipping dock parking during the floodings.
That may cause serious delays for some, specially if you were so unlucky that yours was on that ship...

• Like 1

I ordered a FWD dymanic in sliver with PAN roof at the beginning of september and was originally given a delivery date of June 2020. I had heard the the Panroof and FWD option were going to mean a long wait but  I visited the dealer over the weekend and have now been told it will be with them  on Jan 31st. Quite a difference and a similar reduction in wait times that other people are seeing. It will take them a few days to get ready so have requested it's registered at the beginning of March for the new reg plate.

• Like 1

Well well! I’m nearly at the finish line now! I’ve been waiting since May... and apparently it will be here next week. This has been a long wait so I’m expecting the dash to be made of gold and the seats to be Stuffed with actual clouds by this point.... I wonder how long it will take for kids to destroy grey leather?  

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, cakeygray said:

I ordered a FWD dymanic in sliver with PAN roof at the beginning of september and was originally given a delivery date of June 2020. I had heard the the Panroof and FWD option were going to mean a long wait but  I visited the dealer over the weekend and have now been told it will be with them  on Jan 31st. Quite a difference and a similar reduction in wait times that other people are seeing. It will take them a few days to get ready so have requested it's registered at the beginning of March for the new reg plate.

Its the Dynamic 2WD drive with PAN roof which I have ordered. Called again, with no progress, now waiting for another call back

We got a call about 17:45 from our dealer and our RAV4 is there they had no idea it just turned up so looking at next week for pick up 😀

On 1/10/2020 at 6:24 AM, Yerpthatsaquiche said:

Well well! I’m nearly at the finish line now! I’ve been waiting since May... and apparently it will be here next week. This has been a long wait so I’m expecting the dash to be made of gold and the seats to be Stuffed with actual clouds by this point.... I wonder how long it will take for kids to destroy grey leather?  

Children only destroy things if parents allow them to. 

On 1/10/2020 at 10:19 AM, Rocks703 said:

Its the Dynamic 2WD drive with PAN roof which I have ordered. Called again, with no progress, now waiting for another call back

I think I would call a dealer and find out the current lead time for new orders. 

Your delay sounds way too long compared to others. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Buff69 said:

We got a call about 17:45 from our dealer and our RAV4 is there they had no idea it just turned up so looking at next week for pick up 😀

Excellent 🥳

Looking forward to seeing some pictures! 

Thanks MrBee I’ll get som pick’s, hopefully the weather will be kind 👍

A plea for transparancy in by far the longest thread if this forum...

I ordered my RAV4 on the 24th of March 2019. A couple of days later my dealer confirmed a delivery date of "around the last week of July". I took ownership of a polished car on 31st of July 2019.
So... the Import organisation and dealerships, at least in NL, seem to know exactly how to trace their orders. It's the communication to the customers that sucks.
Picture this:
As soon as a robot lays its "hands" on the first pieces of iron and welds them together, the next thing is that piece of iron gets a VIN, and probably a couple of other identifiers and barcodes on its path.
Toyota are the inventors of "The Toyota Way", are Master planners and their systems know exactly where every part, half-product and end-product is located. The factory also keeps records of every single part- and serial number that went into which car and even the torque the bolts were fastened. Important in case of inadvertent Call-backs. 🤒
It's the infrastructure for presenting the relevant information to the customers that is missing.
For example, these days it can't be thát difficult to develop an App so customers can follow their car during production, shipping and local transport.
The data is there ... somewhere.
The manufacturer knows if, and where the car is on the production line, the shipping company knows what the cargo is, the ship's Insurers know, the GPS satellites know where the ship is and the App can draw a map and calculate where and when the ship arrives. Etc etc.
Come on, Toyota, hire a wizzkid to write that App and your customers will like you even more. 😘

Yes take a leaf out of Fords book, Ford Etis.