Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 Rav 4 - delivery - lead times - order to delivery

AdrianRot

Toyota Owners Club has no connection with Toyota and don't know whether Toyota even visit this site.

I know, I know. But it can't do any harm to present a free and bright idea, in case someone at Toyota does monitor the forums.

I also know from a reliable source that Toyota is véry interested in what 'moves' or irritates customers...🙄

• Thanks 2

I ordered a Toyota Rav4 Icon with Sat Nav via a broker in the last week of May. I was informed last week that the car is ready. It will be delivered next week.

Just thought I had let everyone know. I have been monitoring this website as a means of estimating my Rav4 delivery date. It is sad though that it has to be this way.

Ordered excel 2wd on 23 rd September. Had call last week from dealer that it’s now in build and should be here end of March. Confirmed Apple CarPlay included. Yet strangely they are now advertising an ex demo excel in silver blade with pan roof 69 plate that includes Apple CarPlay also. So when did 2019 stock end and how long have 2020 models been about?

I have a Rav4 Icon with Sat Nav ordered as a company car,  that has an estimated delivery date of 24th Jan, Inchape have advised that it is due into the uk in the next couple of days.

Does anyone know the date that the ship is due to reach the UK and which port, 

Trying to work out if the 24th is a reaslitic delviery date as inchape will not advise until the dealer has taken the delivery.

6 hours ago, BigR1ch said:

I have a Rav4 Icon with Sat Nav ordered as a company car,  that has an estimated delivery date of 24th Jan, Inchape have advised that it is due into the uk in the next couple of days.

Does anyone know the date that the ship is due to reach the UK and which port, 

Trying to work out if the 24th is a reaslitic delviery date as inchape will not advise until the dealer has taken the delivery.

My understanding is that Portbury is the Toyota UK entry port.

You can view arrivals here:-

https://www.vesselfinder.com/ports/PORTBURY-UNITED-KINGDOM-24200

• Like 1

Just letting y’all know that I finally collected my 2wd excel premium pack today.... ordered in May! I feel like I’ve made it. 

On 1/15/2020 at 8:33 PM, Badger.b said:

Yet strangely they are now advertising an ex demo excel in silver blade with pan roof 69 plate that includes Apple CarPlay also.

I really hope that's correct, but I expect the dealer has made a mistake. 

Anyone who has just received their cars able to confirm what their car has? 

My car is now on its way from Portbury to the dealer 4wd excel ordered August unfortunately it doesn’t have Apple CarPlay I will have to wait for the retro fit in April 😒

18 hours ago, Yerpthatsaquiche said:

Just letting y’all know that I finally collected my 2wd excel premium pack today.... ordered in May! I feel like I’ve made it. 

Nice hope you enjoy it we are picking ours up either tonight or over the weekend awd excel in silver 👍😁

2 hours ago, Teresap said:

My car is now on its way from Portbury to the dealer 4wd excel ordered August unfortunately it doesn’t have Apple CarPlay I will have to wait for the retro fit in April 😒

Hi how did you find out ?

4 hours ago, Teresap said:

My 2WD Dynamic is due at dealership on Monday ( ordered 28th May ). Presumably on the same transporter as yours !.

Is your vehicle MY19 or 20 ?  

1 hour ago, SEH said:

My 2WD Dynamic is due at dealership on Monday ( ordered 28th May ). Presumably on the same transporter as yours !.

Is your vehicle MY19 or 20 ?  

Delighted to at last be able to drive away my 2WD Excel w Prem. Pack today that was also ordered in May.  No Android auto etc so assume it is MY19. I have been told that the software upgrade will be available in May.

Interestingly "My Toyota" sent me an email this morning at 4:30 am to tell me that my car has "Left The factory". Did not realise that I had a 'Buy One - Get one Free' deal!

• Haha 1

Getting the Dynamic AWD with JBL+PANO as my company car. Ordered in September, and told on Friday it will be at the dealers tomorrow (Monday 20th). For some reason they cant deliver it to me for another 7 days?!? Still, at least I know its there. Gave me a VIN and plate, but the plate number doesn't show as valid yet.

Looks like a lot of cars came in at the end of last week, so hopefully there should be a few smiles around the forum in the next few days.

PS - dealer said I can get Apple carplay setup for £150 as soon as I get the car, so maybe it is available now?

On this CarPlay etc deal... I’m a little confused. So my dealer was going to let me delay my car to have the CarPlay option installed... but then said that because of the avas stuff and the key security jazz id have to pay 💰 sweet sweet mega bucks to delay the car. Now that the car has arrived I noticed that the AVas system is installed! So that means that my car is a 20... not a 19 as the dealer said it would be. Is there any way to confirm that is the case? 
I’m not annoyed or anything but interesting that I have avas and I shouldn’t have. 

46 minutes ago, Yerpthatsaquiche said:

On this CarPlay etc deal... I’m a little confused. So my dealer was going to let me delay my car to have the CarPlay option installed... but then said that because of the avas stuff and the key security jazz id have to pay 💰 sweet sweet mega bucks to delay the car. Now that the car has arrived I noticed that the AVas system is installed! So that means that my car is a 20... not a 19 as the dealer said it would be. Is there any way to confirm that is the case? 
I’m not annoyed or anything but interesting that I have avas and I shouldn’t have. 

You haven't been paying attention! ... 😄

Way back in September, Devon Aygo posted the following:

On 9/26/2019 at 8:36 PM, Devon Aygo said:

There are MY20 & MY20.5 Model update coming:

RAV4 MY20 Spec Changes from October 19 Production.

• AVAS (Acoustic Vehicle Approach system).

• New regulations require electric vehicles to make artificial noise • Introduction of AVAS (Acoustic Vehicle Approach system) for MY20 RAV4. • Sound frequency will be shifted based on vehicle speed • One unified sound for Toyota globally

• Anti Theft Relay Prevention

• A vibration sensor will be added to the smart entry system, which is standard on all grades. This will improve theft protection by assisting in preventing relay attacks. How it works: • When the key is not moving or vibrating, such as when it is placed on a table, it does not transmit a signal via radio waves. Therefore, the signal cannot be intercepted and re-translated to the car.

RAV4 MY20.5 Spec Changes from January 20 production

• Apple Car Play, Android Auto and Over-the-air map updates.

• Introduction of MM19 and therefore Apple Car Play, Android Auto and Over-the-air map updates.

Orders placed/accepted before 30th Sept will be price protected for specification upgrade costs, orders after 30th Sept will incur cost increase £ TBC.

No news on adding AA/ Carplay to existing cars as yet.

So, it would appear that you do indeed have a MY20 car, built since October last year, and complete with AVAS etc.

But Toyota wasn't due to start building MY20.5 cars with Apple Car Play / Android Auto etc. until January this year. And, given that they then take two or three months to get into the country, we won't expect to see these cars until March or even April ... 😉

1 hour ago, Yerpthatsaquiche said:

I noticed that the AVas system is installed!

Hi - so how is the car? 

What does the avas sound like?

On 1/17/2020 at 6:06 PM, Chris95 said:

Delighted to at last be able to drive away my 2WD Excel w Prem. Pack today that was also ordered in May.  No Android auto etc so assume it is MY19. I have been told that the software upgrade will be available in May.

Interestingly "My Toyota" sent me an email this morning at 4:30 am to tell me that my car has "Left The factory". Did not realise that I had a 'Buy One - Get one Free' deal!

My 2WD Dynamic is due at dealership today. 

Does your new car have AVAS installed ? 

First 20.5 are due in early March..  build started first  working day of 2020... I presume after New Years Day holiday

8 hours ago, SEH said:

My 2WD Dynamic is due at dealership today. 

Does your new car have AVAS installed ? 

AVAS is not installed. 

1 hour ago, Chris95 said:

AVAS is not installed. 

So it was built before October,interesting as our one might not have it then, it’s at the dealer so I don’t know but I would have put money on it that ours  (and yours) would have it. Strange that my dealer phoned me to tell me it was at the building stage beginning of December then he phoned me last Monday 13th January telling me it had just turned up (out the blue) starting to think it’s not ours and iv got an earlier car?.

I’ll try and record the AVAS noise for you thanks Philip42h for your comment above. I thought that was the case too... but my dealer told me hands down 100% that it would be an MY19 and if I wanted Avas + the anti theft jobbers is need to pay big dough to get all of that installed ... otherwise I’d be able to get CarPlay for £150.

seems odd that a few peeps that have just had their cars didn’t get any white hot juicy AVAS.

to give you an idea of the noise ... it sounds how I imagine doors would sound in space... if that makes sense... a sort of wow wowowowowowowoowoowoow kind of noise. It’s actually quite nice. 

30 minutes ago, Buff69 said:

So it was built before October,interesting as our one might not have it then, it’s at the dealer so I don’t know but I would have put money on it that ours  (and yours) would have it. Strange that my dealer phoned me to tell me it was at the building stage beginning of December then he phoned me last Monday 13th January telling me it had just turned up (out the blue) starting to think it’s not ours and iv got an earlier car?.

I was told that my car entered build on 26th November but the dealer insists its an MY19 model ??

Mine was ordered 26th September, dealer told me mine will be MY19 and he said they're expecting it end of the month. 

I was a bit surprised as the other thread said MY20 started from October.  I'm looking forward to finding out in the next couple of weeks. 

I'm not sure how the shipping works, but I guess it will include cars built over a period of time. It's not like they build yours and then it's on the sea the next day. So the ship will likely include a mixture of MY19 and MY20s. 

If you have your VIN you can slam it into this little doodle https://forms.toyota.co.uk/recall-checker and it will tell you what year your car is. Mine shows as a 2020 which means it is not an MY19! 

Hopefully you should be able to work out the 19s from the 20s now.

the below link didn’t work for me at all... perhaps the car is too new at the moment?
https://www.toyota.com/owners/my-vehicle/vehicle-specification