Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2019 Rav 4 - delivery - lead times - order to delivery

AdrianRot

52 minutes ago, SEH said:

It has Rav4 Hybrid floormats but no AVAS despite being built in November 2019. So it is an MY19. Going to have Carplay installed at first service.   

Delivered 8 months to the day after ordering.

Congratulations on getting your new car! 

Interesting about the my19. How do you know the build month?  Is it stamped on a panel by the driver door?

17 minutes ago, MrBee said:

Congratulations on getting your new car! 

Interesting about the my19. How do you know the build month?  Is it stamped on a panel by the driver door?

The dealer told me it was in "early build" on November 26th.  I have checked for AVAS sound in reverse but nothing, so assume it is an MY19.  

I’m confused about this AVAS topic. I just received my AWD dynamic in obsidian blue (lovely colour, as already mentioned) on Monday, ordered on September 11th last year. My car makes a weird kind of ambient sci-fi noise in both forward and reverse when operating on EV only. Only extra I plumped for was the panoramic roof and JBL system, but not sure if that is relevant. Also came with the RAV4 floor mats, which are really smart.

Opinion of the car so far can be wrapped up in one word - ‘Majestic’. I know that sound a bit pompous, but it really is the best descriptor. You sit head and shoulders above most other road users, the car is really luxurious, with plenty of power - but to be honest, you really don’t feel like you want to drive it aggressively (not like my old Audi 😜). More tech than you can shake a stick at, its quite weird to experience the car when radar cruise and dynamic lane assist are both switched on, you can just let go and let it drive for a bit (although it does insist you take the wheel after 15-20 seconds...

It does turn heads thought, which I actually wasn’t expecting. I guess there aren’t many on the road yet.

PS - I’m assuming mine is MY19, given the order and delivery dates.

• Thanks 1

No AVAS and no key relay thing to stop the thief’s I spose 

20 minutes ago, NJHUK said:

I’m confused about this AVAS topic. I just received my AWD dynamic in obsidian blue (lovely colour, as already mentioned) on Monday, ordered on September 11th last year. My car makes a weird kind of ambient sci-fi noise in both forward and reverse when operating on EV only. Only extra I plumped for was the panoramic roof and JBL system, but not sure if that is relevant. Also came with the RAV4 floor mats, which are really smart.

Opinion of the car so far can be wrapped up in one word - ‘Majestic’. I know that sound a bit pompous, but it really is the best descriptor. You sit head and shoulders above most other road users, the car is really luxurious, with plenty of power - but to be honest, you really don’t feel like you want to drive it aggressively (not like my old Audi 😜). More tech than you can shake a stick at, its quite weird to experience the car when radar cruise and dynamic lane assist are both switched on, you can just let go and let it drive for a bit (although it does insist you take the wheel after 15-20 seconds...

It does turn heads thought, which I actually wasn’t expecting. I guess there aren’t many on the road yet.

PS - I’m assuming mine is MY19, given the order and delivery dates. 

Nice write up, thanks. That's all good to hear. Hoping to see mine on Sat, same colour as you. Picking up 1st March. 

The weird sound is the AVAS I think. So looks like yours is a MY20. 

56 minutes ago, Buff69 said:

No AVAS and no key relay thing to stop the thief’s I spose 

Nope and that's strange as the "alleged" build was 7 weeks into the MY20 production rollout . 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, MrBee said:

Nice write up, thanks. That's all good to hear. Hoping to see mine on Sat, same colour as you. Picking up 1st March. 

The weird sound is the AVAS I think. So looks like yours is a MY20. 

Doesn't that mean it must have been built in November/December? That seems like a pretty tight turn around, unless I just got lucky. Is there any other way to tell the the model year?

19 minutes ago, NJHUK said:

Doesn't that mean it must have been built in November/December? That seems like a pretty tight turn around, unless I just got lucky. Is there any other way to tell the the model year?

Not sure. Is there anything on the plate inside the driver's door? (if there even is one - I think I read there was, but after reading so much it gets a bit confusing!!) 

1 minute ago, MrBee said:

Not sure. Is there anything on the plate inside the driver's door? (if there even is one - I think I read there was, but after reading so much it gets a bit confusing!!) 

Will have a look later. Know what you mean about confusion, so much info on this site. 

On 1/28/2020 at 10:35 AM, duncerduncs said:

That sounds about right, orders were quoted to me as end of May/early June on the AWD and September for the 2WD when I enquired on Friday last week.

Thanks, roll on July 😂

6 hours ago, MrBee said:

I ordered mine (AWD Excel) 26th September, it's been at the dealer for about a week. I was originally told mid March. 

I think the timing can also be influenced by the ship it gets on. I assume they have to fill a ship for the UK. Which I think is why a few of us are getting cars ordered within a 2 month or so range. 

Thanks that’s good to know, thanks 👍🏻

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SEH said:

Nope and that's strange as the "alleged" build was 7 weeks into the MY20 production rollout . 

Just wanted to share this with you guys. This is the AVAS sound on mine... I ordered this in May and it arrived in Jan.. gues I got a lucky MY20 http://s000.tinyupload.com/download.php?file_id=97797596339248041694&t=9779759633924804169492652

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Yerpthatsaquiche said:

Just wanted to share this with you guys. This is the AVAS sound on mine... I ordered this in May and it arrived in Jan.. gues I got a lucky MY20 http://s000.tinyupload.com/download.php?file_id=97797596339248041694&t=9779759633924804169492652

Nice! And a good looking car 😎

29 minutes ago, MrBee said:

Nice! And a good looking car 😎

Thanks MrBee... Chuffed with the thing and the space noise! 

Did anyone get one delivered this month without the AVAS stuff?

14 hours ago, MrBee said:

Nothing on the door, but my registration is now finally showing on the DVLA checker:

image.thumb.png.8c8e95188cb6f3f6f33d9b5e28d395a1.png

So that would suggest it is the MY20 model. What are the differences in that case, AVAS I know about, what is the key relay thing I saw posted, and is there anything else I ought to know?

I did a long motorway run this week, and got around 45mpg for the trip. However, my work run (12 miles each way, non motorway, lots of stop start) is returning over 60mpg at the moment, and I am still not driving it as smooth as I think I could (getting used to CVT and the accelerator is quite sensitive even in ECO mode). Its a bit filthy after the motorway trip, but will give it a clean this weekend and put up some pics. If there are any specific questions anyone has about the car, then let me know and I can test/find out. Something new comes up each day, for example, today I realised the nav system is 'learning' my routine already, and has suggested auto starting my regular trip to work based on the time when I get in the car, actually quite nifty, that.

Thanks in advance!

Nick.

PS - DVLA check is here if you know your reg, but might not work until the car is processed, which tends to be the day of delivery.

I wouldn't take the date of manufacture that DVLA hold as being too accurate.  As far as I'm aware dealerships enter the registration details into the DVLA portal, and previously in this topic it was indicated the shipping from Japan takes up to six weeks.

15 hours ago, Yerpthatsaquiche said:

Noticed wind deflectors on oyur car. Are they Team HEKO? Did you use the clips to install them (especially rear ones) or just double sided tape?

21 minutes ago, SponsorUK said:

Noticed wind deflectors on oyur car. Are they Team HEKO? Did you use the clips to install them (especially rear ones) or just double sided tape?

They are indeed! Well spotted.

I used the clips to stick them in. Just two on each one combined with the double sided tape stuff they come with seems to have them in there pretty good. 

I think they look quite nice as the colour matches the roof rails pretty well and they were only £28 from shamamamzon.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NJHUK said:

So that would suggest it is the MY20 model. What are the differences in that case, AVAS I know about, what is the key relay thing I saw posted, and is there anything else I ought to know?

This is the famous post with all the info we know:

6 hours ago, NJHUK said:

Nothing on the door, but my registration is now finally showing on the DVLA checker:

I did a long motorway run this week, and got around 45mpg for the trip. However, my work run (12 miles each way, non motorway, lots of stop start) is returning over 60mpg at the moment, and I am still not driving it as smooth as I think I could (getting used to CVT and the accelerator is quite sensitive even in ECO mode). Its a bit filthy after the motorway trip, but will give it a clean this weekend and put up some pics. If there are any specific questions anyone has about the car, then let me know and I can test/find out. Something new comes up each day, for example, today I realised the nav system is 'learning' my routine already, and has suggested auto starting my regular trip to work based on the time when I get in the car, actually quite nifty, that.

Thanks in advance!

Nick.

PS - DVLA check is here if you know your reg, but might not work until the car is processed, which tends to be the day of delivery.

Congrats on the new car ! We may be looking at a rav 4 hybrid excel next year when our current lease is up ,how do you find wind ,road noise at motorway speeds? Currently have a 2018 superb estate sel exec,2.0tdi 150bhp, long term mpg around 48 on Mrs mixed B road milton Keynes commute, got 57mpg loaded to the roof on a Cornish camping hol  last year .we will lose some boot space 660l  v 580 and maybe some motorway mpg but Mrs really likes the rav 4 .regards ,Ian

1 hour ago, 2bikes said:

Congrats on the new car ! We may be looking at a rav 4 hybrid excel next year when our current lease is up ,how do you find wind ,road noise at motorway speeds? Currently have a 2018 superb estate sel exec,2.0tdi 150bhp, long term mpg around 48 on Mrs mixed B road milton Keynes commute, got 57mpg loaded to the roof on a Cornish camping hol  last year .we will lose some boot space 660l  v 580 and maybe some motorway mpg but Mrs really likes the rav 4 .regards ,Ian

Hi - welcome to the forum.

I cannot answer your quesrtions as I'm still waiting for mine, but there is some info on MPG in this thread:

Hi,

RAV4 Hybrid AWD on Bridgestone Alenza's summer tires here, since August 2019 ~6500 km mixed town/motorway 40%/60%.

I find wind and road noise perfectly acceptable up to our current national speed limit of 130 Km/h.

Fuel consumption overall is 5.5L/100 Km, which is ~51.4 mpg.

Consumption during summer/fall increased gradually from 4.7L/100Km to 5.1L/100Km (60.1 to 55.4 mpg) and has now settled at 5.5L/100 Km, which is still not bad for a car like this.

I expect consumption to go down again once temperatures go up and our national speed limit goes down to ... 100Km/h by the end of March.  😖🤮

Overall I'm very satisfied with my RAV4, very comfortable, quiet, powerfull if need be, and a joy to drive.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Thermal said:

...on Bridgestone Alenza's summer tires...I find wind and road noise perfectly acceptable up to our current national speed limit of 130 Km/h...

Mine had the same Alenza tyres, although for the winter I've had Vredestein Quatrac 5 SUV All Season tyres put on.  My dealer will swap them back in March (which will probably coincide with the first service - just passed 8,000 miles [12,900 km]).  I, too, find them reasonably quiet, and happily, my All Season tyres are too (max speed limit 70 mph [113 kpm].

Once the Alenzas wear out, I stick with the All Seasons all year round.

11 hours ago, NJHUK said:

I

Mine also says 2020 model but no noise in reverse so assume no AVAS??

Vehicle Details

Vehicle make
TOYOTA
Date of first registration
January 2020
Year of manufacture
Cylinder capacity
2487 cc
CO₂ emissions
105 g/km
Fuel type
HYBRID ELECTRIC
Euro status
EURO 6 AM
Real Driving Emissions (RDE)
Not available
Export marker
No
Vehicle status
Taxed
Vehicle colour
BLUE
Vehicle type approval
M1
Wheelplan
2 AXLE RIGID BODY
Revenue weight
Not available
Date of last V5C (logbook) issued
28 January 2020

How do you know if the car has the Anti Relay Theft System ….anybody?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links