Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 Rav 4 - delivery - lead times - order to delivery

AdrianRot

5 hours ago, 2bikes said:

Congrats on the new car ! We may be looking at a rav 4 hybrid excel next year when our current lease is up ,how do you find wind ,road noise at motorway speeds? Currently have a 2018 superb estate sel exec,2.0tdi 150bhp, long term mpg around 48 on Mrs mixed B road milton Keynes commute, got 57mpg loaded to the roof on a Cornish camping hol  last year .we will lose some boot space 660l  v 580 and maybe some motorway mpg but Mrs really likes the rav 4 .regards ,Ian

Bizarrely I am more aware of road/wind noise, but I think that's because the actual engine noise is far less than my old Audi A6. Once you are up to cruising speed on A roads/motorway the petrol engine kind of fades into the background and the car flits between EV and non EV mode so subtly often the only reason I notice is the icon on the dash. I find I'm not even putting the radio on at the moment, as that feels intrusive...

I'm sure as I get used to it things will change, but right now I'm just enjoying the driving experience that much, I just focus on that.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

I wouldn't take the date of manufacture that DVLA hold as being too accurate.  As far as I'm aware dealerships enter the registration details into the DVLA portal, and previously in this topic it was indicated the shipping from Japan takes up to six weeks.

Fair point.

I may be wrong, but based on this thread it seems those who have picked up AWDs this month seem to have AVAS (MY20) , but 2WDs have not (MY19). 

Has anyone picked up a car that breaks my theory? 

19 minutes ago, MrBee said:

I may be wrong, but based on this thread it seems those who have picked up AWDs this month seem to have AVAS (MY20) , but 2WDs have not (MY19). 

Has anyone picked up a car that breaks my theory? 

Mine is a 2wd and I have AVAS

1 hour ago, SEH said:

Mine also says 2020 model but no noise in reverse so assume no AVAS??

Vehicle Details

Vehicle make
TOYOTA
Date of first registration
January 2020
Year of manufacture
Cylinder capacity
2487 cc
CO₂ emissions
105 g/km
Fuel type
HYBRID ELECTRIC
Euro status
EURO 6 AM
Real Driving Emissions (RDE)
Not available
Export marker
No
Vehicle status
Taxed
Vehicle colour
BLUE
Vehicle type approval
M1
Wheelplan
2 AXLE RIGID BODY
Revenue weight
Not available
Date of last V5C (logbook) issued
28 January 2020

How do you know if the car has the Anti Relay Theft System ….anybody?

As far as I know... if you have no AVAS then you don't have the Anti Relay Theft System. 

The MY19 has no AVAS or Anti Relay Theft 

MY20 Has AVAS and Anti Relay Theft (Carplay can be fitted from about May at £150)

MY 20.5 (not yet a thing) Has AVAS and Anti Relay Theft + will have Carplay pre fitted.

So far the only reliable way of seeing what model yours is will be to listen for the noise when in EV mode. (See my earlier post for an example)

Hope this helps. 

11 hours ago, Yerpthatsaquiche said:

As far as I know... if you have no AVAS then you don't have the Anti Relay Theft System. 

The MY19 has no AVAS or Anti Relay Theft 

MY20 Has AVAS and Anti Relay Theft (Carplay can be fitted from about May at £150)

MY 20.5 (not yet a thing) Has AVAS and Anti Relay Theft + will have Carplay pre fitted.

So far the only reliable way of seeing what model yours is will be to listen for the noise when in EV mode. (See my earlier post for an example)

Hope this helps. 

Just FYI, mine make the AVAS noise wether in forward or reverse ‘gear’. It does change cycle depending on the speed of the vehicle, and seems to fade out when I get to around 20mph

1 hour ago, NJHUK said:

Just FYI, mine make the AVAS noise wether in forward or reverse ‘gear’. It does change cycle depending on the speed of the vehicle, and seems to fade out when I get to around 20mph. 

That is how AVAS is supposed to operate:

"The system will need to produce external sound via a sound generator ranging between 56 and 75 dcb when running on electric power at speeds up to 20kph, and will need to show whether the vehicle is accelerating or decelerating."

Also see -

HI all, picked up my new car yesterday and very happy so far.

Just wondering if anyone else is finding the switches for the interior lights or the door locks a bit tricky in the dark as they don't light up??

There could well be a setting I haven't found yet but I have had a good look.

thanks

Rav 4.jpg

• Like 2

Just now, rodgreen said:

...switches for the interior lights or the door locks a bit tricky in the dark as they don't light up...

I've had mine since June and still find that a nuisance.

Really annoying as my 2016 Prius Excel was so much better in this respect, not only did they all light up but they had a much better design (ergonomically speaking) - much easier to use and find by feel - the main interior light switch was a small bar that you pressed to the left for all off, right for all on and centred for on with door open - the map light switches were circular and protruded slightly, so again, much easier to find without looking.

All the windows switches were illuminated, including those on passenger doors.  The door mirror switch was light a large fruit pastille - knurled, and again very easy to find - the hand more or less landed on it from the steering wheel, and you twisted it left for left mirror, right for right and centred for off.  Best designed mirror control I've ever seen.  So why, oh why did Toyota go back to this cackhanded design for the newer, more expensive RAV4?

1 hour ago, rodgreen said:

HI all, picked up my new car yesterday and very happy so far.

Just wondering if anyone else is finding the switches for the interior lights or the door locks a bit tricky in the dark as they don't light up??

There could well be a setting I haven't found yet but I have had a good look.

thanks

Rav 4.jpg

Have to agree on the light switches, bizarre not to illuminate them when all the cubby holes are lit up like a disco. But then, no light in the glove box either? Also, turn the ignition off before hitting the boot switch and good luck finding that too (use the force?).

You would have thought in the MY20 or MY20.5 they would have had this feedback and done something about it, another couple of fibre optics from the dash and problem solved...

Still, if these are the only things I can think of to grumble about, then I guess its not so bad.

PS - love the colour, would have been my first choice, but her indoors wanted the obsidian blue, which is very nice, but doesn’t look ‘stealth’ like yours. It does look good with the black roof accents though, to be fair.

21 hours ago, NJHUK said:

Bizarrely I am more aware of road/wind noise, but I think that's because the actual engine noise is far less than my old Audi A6. Once you are up to cruising speed on A roads/motorway the petrol engine kind of fades into the background and the car flits between EV and non EV mode so subtly often the only reason I notice is the icon on the dash. I find I'm not even putting the radio on at the moment, as that feels intrusive...

I'm sure as I get used to it things will change, but right now I'm just enjoying the driving experience that much, I just focus on that.

Great thanks ,gotta get Mrs a test drive later in the year 😁

Well finally picked ours up tonight very impressed but sadly no noise gen so no key relay thing either just got to set it all up now looking forward to that lol 👍

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Buff69 said:

Well finally picked ours up tonight very impressed but sadly no noise gen so no key relay thing either just got to set it all up now looking forward to that lol 👍

Congratulations, looking forward to seeing pictures! 

What model have you got? (sorry, you have probably said before but I cannot remember) 

• Thanks 1

On 1/30/2020 at 3:19 PM, 2bikes said:

Congrats on the new car ! We may be looking at a rav 4 hybrid excel next year when our current lease is up ,how do you find wind ,road noise at motorway speeds? Currently have a 2018 superb estate sel exec,2.0tdi 150bhp, long term mpg around 48 on Mrs mixed B road milton Keynes commute, got 57mpg loaded to the roof on a Cornish camping hol  last year .we will lose some boot space 660l  v 580 and maybe some motorway mpg but Mrs really likes the rav 4 .regards ,Ian

I took delivery of my new RAV4 Excel AWD on 01SEP, it's been fantastic and is already the best car i ever had. Like yourself, I moved up (a big move UP) from a 2011 Skoda Superb Elegance 1.8TSI DSG Estate. Even though the RAV4 is shorter, I can get a little more into it compared to the Superb. This is because the RAV4 opening is so much better, the loadbay wider and the rear seat squabs don't hog room in the rear footwell either. As for comfort, MPG, refinement and safety, the RAV4 is vastly superior to the Superb in every way. Being a former Skoda owner, the Kodiaq was initially the first on my list and the SEAT Tarraco being second, but those were soon eliminated when I test drove the new RAV4.

My Superb (superb only in name) averaged 35 MPG and my RAV4 is averaging a shade under 50 MPG now that the weather's a little milder. With the Superb, I reported 9 minor faults at the first service (22 faults with a Nissan Primera - a really crap car that failed its first MOT, and the re-test leading to a generous legal settlement from Nissan UK!) and not a single thing has gone wrong with my RAV4. Does your Superb drink a Hell of a lot of oil? Mine did, about 8 (yes 8!) litres between services!

One good thing about my Superb is that the airbags work well, a mindless cretin in a van wrote it off back in May last year! He did me a huge favour as it was costing me a fortune in oil and coolant.

• Like 1

Got a sneak preview of my new car today. Excel AWD. The colour looks good in the winter sunshine 😊

IMG_20200201_111456.jpg

IMG_20200201_111448.jpg

• Like 2

On 1/30/2020 at 9:14 AM, NJHUK said:

Nothing on the door, but my registration is now finally showing on the DVLA checker:

image.thumb.png.8c8e95188cb6f3f6f33d9b5e28d395a1.png

So that would suggest it is the MY20 model. What are the differences in that case, AVAS I know about, what is the key relay thing I saw posted, and is there anything else I ought to know?

I did a long motorway run this week, and got around 45mpg for the trip. However, my work run (12 miles each way, non motorway, lots of stop start) is returning over 60mpg at the moment, and I am still not driving it as smooth as I think I could (getting used to CVT and the accelerator is quite sensitive even in ECO mode). Its a bit filthy after the motorway trip, but will give it a clean this weekend and put up some pics. If there are any specific questions anyone has about the car, then let me know and I can test/find out. Something new comes up each day, for example, today I realised the nav system is 'learning' my routine already, and has suggested auto starting my regular trip to work based on the time when I get in the car, actually quite nifty, that.

Thanks in advance!

Nick.

PS - DVLA check is here if you know your reg, but might not work until the car is processed, which tends to be the day of delivery.

16 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

I took delivery of my new RAV4 Excel AWD on 01SEP, it's been fantastic and is already the best car i ever had. Like yourself, I moved up (a big move UP) from a 2011 Skoda Superb Elegance 1.8TSI DSG Estate. Even though the RAV4 is shorter, I can get a little more into it compared to the Superb. This is because the RAV4 opening is so much better, the loadbay wider and the rear seat squabs don't hog room in the rear footwell either. As for comfort, MPG, refinement and safety, the RAV4 is vastly superior to the Superb in every way. Being a former Skoda owner, the Kodiaq was initially the first on my list and the SEAT Tarraco being second, but those were soon eliminated when I test drove the new RAV4.

My Superb (superb only in name) averaged 35 MPG and my RAV4 is averaging a shade under 50 MPG now that the weather's a little milder. With the Superb, I reported 9 minor faults at the first service (22 faults with a Nissan Primera - a really crap car that failed its first MOT, and the re-test leading to a generous legal settlement from Nissan UK!) and not a single thing has gone wrong with my RAV4. Does your Superb drink a Hell of a lot of oil? Mine did, about 8 (yes 8!) litres between services!

One good thing about my Superb is that the airbags work well, a mindless cretin in a van wrote it off back in May last year! He did me a huge favour as it was costing me a fortune in oil and coolant.

Thanks Tabby Boy,sounds like you got a duff superb ! 26k miles in and no issues ,.0.5 L oil occasionally, to be fair skoda quality has moved on a lot in recent yrs ,ours will be hard to beat but RAV4  looks a good contender .Mrs says nxt car must have ACC and dsg or similar which she loves in traffic, then heated leather seats and android auto as she uses waze even though superb has a decent 9.2"info system and nav.   Ive looked at tarraco as a poss as very good lease prices ,better than kodiaq,but seems you need top spec to get heated leather and dsg means the 4 drive which really  brings mpg down to 30 if you're lucky .All the road tests slate the Toyota info system ,is it that bad ?.oh and our dog stands 29 " at shoulder so rav square boot shape should mean he can sit up 🙂

22 hours ago, MrBee said:

Congratulations, looking forward to seeing pictures! 

What model have you got? (sorry, you have probably said before but I cannot remember) 

Hi MrBee, it’s a silver Excel AWD and we are really liking it a lot, one of the first things I am wanting to do is register the radio in the Toyota app thing but I don’t know which radio we have lol 😂 

4 hours ago, Buff69 said:

Hi MrBee, it’s a silver Excel AWD and we are really liking it a lot, one of the first things I am wanting to do is register the radio in the Toyota app thing but I don’t know which radio we have lol 😂 

Good to hear that you like it! I'm getting excited after seeing mine. 

Any chance of pictures of yours? 

16 hours ago, Buff69 said:

I registered my radio in the MyT app, but to be honest, I’m not sure what that has gained me. It is also suggesting that I also need to get the dealer to do something, but not sure what...

14 hours ago, MrBee said:

Good to hear that you like it! I'm getting excited after seeing mine. 

Any chance of pictures of yours? 

Hi, this ours, it does make a “noise” when on Battery but I don’t think it’s the noise on the my20 cars, it’s like brake disc rubbing noise (but it’s not the brakes). I’d have to listen to a RAV4 that’s got this feature. I wish it was easy to find out 

B8B56437-00EB-4A64-B591-2A1B7C3C848F.jpeg

D492EDF5-64D5-42EE-A2CD-4D668C5CDDD1.jpeg

DBCFA8C1-EEE5-4A2C-B54B-2DAA07A7885D.jpeg

DF18D6C7-9C3B-4CBB-8314-EDED70C94B65.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NJHUK said:

I registered my radio in the MyT app, but to be honest, I’m not sure what that has gained me. It is also suggesting that I also need to get the dealer to do something, but not sure what...

Yes it’s very confusing, perhaps talk to your dealer or search on here as there are threads that help. The only thing I can think of is that they ‘connect’ your car perhaps someone else can help on here 👍

59 minutes ago, Buff69 said:

Hi, this ours, it does make a “noise” when on battery but I don’t think it’s the noise on the my20 cars, it’s like brake disc rubbing noise (but it’s not the brakes). I’d have to listen to a RAV4 that’s got this feature. I wish it was easy to find out 

Looks really good 🙂

Yes, I agree about the my19 and my20 confusion. I still don't know which one I have even though I saw it yesterday!! 

The person that showed me did not know what I was talking about when I asked. And when I mentioned AVAS they looked very blank. 😝

I'll have to wait until 1st March. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, MrBee said:

Looks really good 🙂

Yes, I agree about the my19 and my20 confusion. I still don't know which one I have even though I saw it yesterday!! 

The person that showed me did not know what I was talking about when I asked. And when I mentioned AVAS they looked very blank. 😝

I'll have to wait until 1st March. 

Easiest test is simply to put it in drive or reverse with your foot on the brake. The AVAS noise starts even before the car starts moving. So if there is no ‘additional’ noise when you put it in gear, then no AVAS, and presumably MY19. 

11 hours ago, Buff69 said:

Hi, this ours, it does make a “noise” when on battery but I don’t think it’s the noise on the my20 cars, it’s like brake disc rubbing noise (but it’s not the brakes). I’d have to listen to a RAV4 that’s got this feature. I wish it was easy to find out 

B8B56437-00EB-4A64-B591-2A1B7C3C848F.jpeg

D492EDF5-64D5-42EE-A2CD-4D668C5CDDD1.jpeg

DBCFA8C1-EEE5-4A2C-B54B-2DAA07A7885D.jpeg

DF18D6C7-9C3B-4CBB-8314-EDED70C94B65.jpeg

Hi, see my answer to MrBee, what I think you can hear is just the Electric motor kicking in. You can miss the AVAS sound as it starts before you even start moving. There was a video earlier in the thread where someone had recorded their car making the sound.  

Hi, I looked on YouTube as the link above didn’t work for me, well an update, I just listened when the wife put the RAV4 in reverse on the drive and it made the noise that’s on YouTube but not very loud, but I suppose it may have got louder as she reversed off the drive. But I didn’t hear it when she went forward but a plane flew over (and there low herej so I’m 99.9% sure we have a MY20 although dealer said it was a MY19. Just wish it was easier to find out for sure. 

8 hours ago, NJHUK said:

Hi, see my answer to MrBee, what I think you can hear is just the Electric motor kicking in. You can miss the AVAS sound as it starts before you even start moving. There was a video earlier in the thread where someone had recorded their car making the sound.