Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 Rav 4 - delivery - lead times - order to delivery

AdrianRot

1 hour ago, NJHUK said:

I ordered September 11th, delivered Jan 27th. Company lease vehicle, and it was AWD if that makes a difference....

AWd certainly arrive quicker... no idea why

On 2/4/2020 at 2:36 PM, Buff69 said:

My dealer said ours is a MY19 but we have the sound generator thing which I thought was MY20/MY20.5

Seems mine has the AVAS sound generator too. its just not as noisy as I expected.

Had the car 10 days now and loving it. Only grumble is the poor infotainment system ( SATNAV in particular ). So will have the retrofit when i can. 

new car.png

52 minutes ago, SEH said:

Seems mine has the AVAS sound generator too. its just not as noisy as I expected.

Had the car 10 days now and loving it. Only grumble is the poor infotainment system ( SATNAV in particular ). So will have the retrofit when i can. 

new car.png

Looks great. Same colour as mine 😎

54 minutes ago, MrBee said:

Looks great. Same colour as mine 😎

and mine...

Even though these cars are still apparently as rare as rocking-horse manure, have many of you been able to get a good discount? My local dealer matched Autoebid without any fuss at all with 0% PCP.

3 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

and mine...

Even though these cars are still apparently as rare as rocking-horse manure, have many of you been able to get a good discount? My local dealer matched Autoebid without any fuss at all with 0% PCP.

I was surprised too. Over 10% off despite being told a 5 month wait. 

I think ordering at the end of a quarter is useful. 

7 hours ago, SEH said:

new car.png

Yes the AVAS sound is really hard to hear so when we saw our dealer on Thursday he listened and said yes we have it so that’s great and yes I agree about the infotainment system it’s poor but does sound good though 

Also nice colour that was our first choice but got the silver as it was a customer cancellation so we got it quicker 

17 hours ago, Buff69 said:

Also nice colour that was our first choice but got the silver as it was a customer cancellation so we got it quicker 

19 hours ago, MrBee said:

I was surprised too. Over 10% off despite being told a 5 month wait. 

I think ordering at the end of a quarter is useful. 

Toyota have annoyed and put off a lot of customers with this approach, so list price only and plus 8 months lead time. I have cancelled my order twice now due to this arrogance, another point which a lot of buyers are misled is the CO2 emissions. Toyota advises me that they don’t know Their WLTP emissions which for every new car registered after April should adhere too. So if you are a company buyer or personal buyer your quoted 105g is actually going to change in April and could be around 140+. When I spoke to Toyota they said they are yet to publish the figures yet. So BIK tax will be much higher. So if you ordered a car, make sure it is registered before April otherwise cancel and wait until these new figures are published. 
Toyota are playing like they are selling a premium product but when I had the RAV4 on a week test drive, it failed to start 4 out of 5 days due to Battery failure so every time I needed to call their SOS! Good car  but the hype is too much in my opinion! Especially a trip to Scotland involved a lot of stops at the Petrol station. The quoted mpg is incorrect and misleading info on the dashboard. If you do maths you are only getting 35 mpg. Astonishing how they get away with this!

28 minutes ago, LouisRav4 life said:

Toyota have annoyed and put off a lot of customers with this approach, so list price only and plus 8 months lead time. I have cancelled my order twice now due to this arrogance, another point which a lot of buyers are misled is the CO2 emissions. Toyota advises me that they don’t know Their WLTP emissions which for every new car registered after April should adhere too. So if you are a company buyer or personal buyer your quoted 105g is actually going to change in April and could be around 140+. When I spoke to Toyota they said they are yet to publish the figures yet. So BIK tax will be much higher. So if you ordered a car, make sure it is registered before April otherwise cancel and wait until these new figures are published. 

The DVLA are currently quoting both NEDC and WLTP CO2 figures for the RAV 4.5. These suggest that the CO2 figure of around 101 g/km NEDC will increase to around 131 g/km NEDC which means that the the first year tax will increase from £140 to £200 ... which is admittedly quite a large difference (a tax increase of over 42%).

But is anyone really going to be that bothered about an increase of £60 in the price of a £35,000 car? Really? ... 😉

10 minutes ago, philip42h said:

...But is anyone really going to be that bothered about an increase of £60 in the price of a £35,000 car? Really? ... 😉

I suspect it's the Benefit In Kind tax for company car users that will be of most interest of those affected.

That said, I never ceased to amaze me the number of people I've known who switched to diesels when the VED cost saved them the equivalently of just one of two tankfuls of fuel a year.

Quite a few of them had usage patterns that not only didn't benefit from diesels over ordinary petrol equivalent, their mpg was actually worse (on a more expensive fuel!).  Add in the fact that (at the time) the cars a couple of them bought (a Corsa in one case) were about a thousand dearer to buy than the petrol equivalent, servicing was more expensive and the resale value at about three years old was significantly less than a petrol model - and that was before diesels fell out of favour.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LouisRav4 life said:

Toyota have annoyed and put off a lot of customers with this approach, so list price only and plus 8 months lead time. I have cancelled my order twice now due to this arrogance, another point which a lot of buyers are misled is the CO2 emissions. Toyota advises me that they don’t know Their WLTP emissions which for every new car registered after April should adhere too.

It is surely dealers who are supposedly insisting on list price as they are the ones selling the cars and the contract is between the dealer and the purchaser - not the manufacturer.

As regards the NEDC CO2 figures, it is Government who have made manufacturers, and not just Toyota, stick to these for VED purposes, and again it is Government who are changing the VED rates in line with WTLP. 

23 hours ago, LouisRav4 life said:

.... a trip to Scotland involved a lot of stops at the Petrol station. The quoted mpg is incorrect and misleading info on the dashboard. If you do maths you are only getting 35 mpg. Astonishing how they get away with this!

Hi,

I myself am one of the biggest sceptics when it comes to factory fuel-, emission- or performance figures.
I don't know your driving style, nor your proficiency in math, but my RAV4 currently shows 5.5 L/100Km (which is 51.36 mpg rounded) after 6 months of ownership.
Also, I meticulously administer a spreadsheet of all my fuel stops.
When I do the math, the outcome matches the car's computer almost exactly.
My spreadsheet shows the same result, with only a negligable rounding difference.
Ofcours I have no way of checking the car's CO2 emission, but the onboard computer figures are certainly not much off!

I'm sure you can prove a low mpg with any car, by putting the pedal to the metal and cross the UK south to north and back.
Even with a RAV4, but that does no justice to it, or to any hybrid car.

I'm very satisfied with the RAV4, and I only wish the driver's door switches were illuminated and it had a bigger traction Battery. 😒

• Like 3

On 2/8/2020 at 7:47 PM, Buff69 said:

Yes the AVAS sound is really hard to hear so when we saw our dealer on Thursday he listened and said yes we have it so that’s great and yes I agree about the infotainment system it’s poor but does sound good though 

Try driving in a multi-storey car park if there is one handy nearby, open the windows and/or moon roof and you can really hear it then. Also, the volume is higher in reverse than forward gears.

• Thanks 1

On 2/8/2020 at 2:17 AM, chris ha said:

AWd certainly arrive quicker... no idea why

No they don't necessarily. I ordered mine 4th August (rav4 Excel AWD Decuma Grey/beige leather) and had a delivery of January 20. That then changed to 7th February. Still no car and no new date yet! 

Ordered mine on 22 August (Excel AWD, silver blade, grey interior and premium pack) unloaded from ship on 28 December and arrived at dealer on 20 January. I take delivery on 1st March. The agreement with the dealership was if it was delivered to them in December then I would take delivery then, if not delivery to me would be 1st March for the “20” registration. This hopefully will help when the time comes to trade-in.

I’ve had a look at the car and I’m very pleased with my colour combination choice!

The original delivery date to the dealer was around the 17th February.

As delivery to me is just less than 3 weeks away I’m getting impatient!!!

It’s been a loooooong wait!

21 minutes ago, Zoot2 said:

Ordered mine on 22 August (Excel AWD, silver blade, grey interior and premium pack) unloaded from ship on 28 December and arrived at dealer on 20 January. I take delivery on 1st March. The agreement with the dealership was if it was delivered to them in December then I would take delivery then, if not delivery to me would be 1st March for the “20” registration. This hopefully will help when the time comes to trade-in.

I’ve had a look at the car and I’m very pleased with my colour combination choice!

The original delivery date to the dealer was around the 17th February.

As delivery to me is just less than 3 weeks away I’m getting impatient!!!

It’s been a loooooong wait!

Nice one!  I'm in a similar situation.  Mine's been at the dealiers since around 27th Jan and I pick up on 1st March.  I ordered 26th Sept.

Do you know if yours has the AVAS?

4 hours ago, MrBee said:

Nice one!  I'm in a similar situation.  Mine's been at the dealiers since around 27th Jan and I pick up on 1st March.  I ordered 26th Sept.

Do you know if yours has the AVAS?

Hi - I asked the sales person (got to be PC!!!) and he said he hadn’t heard it. I’m back there on Tuesday and I’ll try and find out. With the car landing in the UK in late December I doubt it will have AVAS. Only time will tell.

18 minutes ago, Zoot2 said:

Hi - I asked the sales person (got to be PC!!!) and he said he hadn’t heard it. I’m back there on Tuesday and I’ll try and find out. With the car landing in the UK in late December I doubt it will have AVAS. Only time will tell.

You never know ours has it and it was delivered beginning of January 👍

On 2/9/2020 at 2:11 PM, philip42h said:

The DVLA are currently quoting both NEDC and WLTP CO2 figures for the RAV 4.5. These suggest that the CO2 figure of around 101 g/km NEDC will increase to around 131 g/km NEDC which means that the the first year tax will increase from £140 to £200 ... which is admittedly quite a large difference (a tax increase of over 42%).

But is anyone really going to be that bothered about an increase of £60 in the price of a £35,000 car? Really? ... 😉

Hi Can i ask where you have seen the WLTP figures, i am considering a rav 4 for next company car, but I am paying around £100 a month tax for my focus titanuim at the mo, I dont want to be paying £200 a month

2 hours ago, jukie said:

Hi Can i ask where you have seen the WLTP figures, i am considering a rav 4 for next company car, but I am paying around £100 a month tax for my focus titanuim at the mo, I dont want to be paying £200 a month

I saw the WLTP figure of 131 g/km quoted in this week's auto car test .

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jukie said:

There are a load of 'Car fuel data, CO2 and vehicle tax tools' on the Vehicle Certification Agency page.

I tend to 'Download the latest data' by clicking the link and saving the CSV file ... it helps if you have Excel to manipulate the data! 😉

21 hours ago, philip42h said:

There are a load of 'Car fuel data, CO2 and vehicle tax tools' on the Vehicle Certification Agency page.

I tend to 'Download the latest data' by clicking the link and saving the CSV file ... it helps if you have Excel to manipulate the data! 😉

Thanks, from reading that if I am understanding it correctly  the Icon looks to be 102Co2 at the mo and the new reading is 126, which wpould mean a jump of 5% in BIK after April 6th, these figures should be readily available to everyone and displayed on the manufacturers websites

46 minutes ago, jukie said:

these figures should be readily available to everyone and displayed on the manufacturers websites

Government is making manufacturers use the NEDC figures currently, as these are used for the 2019-20 VED rates.

WTLP figures will be used for the 2020-21 VED rates and manufacturers will be able to publish these from April 2020.

53 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Government is making manufacturers use the NEDC figures currently, as these are used for the 2019-20 VED rates.

Indeed, but there is nothing stopping Toyota from providing a link the WLTP figures!

Land Rover (for example) provide a link from the NEDC figure to the WLTP on their website.

20 minutes ago, duncerduncs said:

Indeed, but there is nothing stopping Toyota from providing a link the WLTP figures!

Aside from the fact they don't need to.