Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 Rav 4 - delivery - lead times - order to delivery

AdrianRot

22 hours ago, BigR1ch said:

Hi Chris, Mines and Icon Nav in White. Its been with the dealer since the end of January, I've held off for delivery to March for the new plate. I have the Reg of DU20xxx so based on that it can only be in Wrexham or Shrewsbury. Only spoken with Inchape so will be a surprise when it arrives if it has Apple Carplay / Android Auto.

I have to agree with you all my previous vehicles with LEX have come from Hertfordshire, and transportered to Shropshire

My car has just arrived at the dealership and I too am not having mine till March for the new plate. I have been given my registration number and asked about Apple Carplay / Android Auto. The salesman told me the car hasn't got it, but at my first service, it will be done free of charge. Not sure if everyone is being told that, but mine was positive it will be done on my Rav4 Excel and was of the opinion it would happen with all delivered from now on

1 hour ago, LorrieG said:

My car has just arrived at the dealership and I too am not having mine till March for the new plate. I have been given my registration number and asked about Apple Carplay / Android Auto. The salesman told me the car hasn't got it, but at my first service, it will be done free of charge. Not sure if everyone is being told that, but mine was positive it will be done on my Rav4 Excel and was of the opinion it would happen with all delivered from now on

I'd get your sales person to put the "free" upgrade in writing as Toyota have stated the update will be £50 in conjunction with a service and £150 at any other point.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

I'd get your sales person to put the "free" upgrade in writing as Toyota have stated the update will be £50 in conjunction with a service and £150 at any other point.

Will do, thanks for that tip

Took delivery of my Excel in Obsidian Blue today. Certainly much quieter Than my older 2017 RAV4 was. There are a few things I prefer eon the old car, such as the bigger glove box, it had a glasses holder in the roof and the split arm rest. I actually prefer the cup holders in the old model too as they held a 500ml Coke Zero bottle without it wobbling around all over the place. 

First thing I asked was about the upgrade to CarPlay and was told it would be available in May and cost 200-300, well it had better not or the car gets serviced elsewhere. Still find the always to home page on startup frustrating too, maybe a software update will change that in the future. 

On my oLd car you could access Siri, and probably google assistant too, by holding the voice button. Took me a while to work out this does not work on the new car, instead you hold the phone button. Makes sense I suppose.

Onto the apps, cannot Male head nor tail of that yet. I go to the apps page, start estore and all it does is tells me estore is installed. Are there any other apps? How do I search for parking or fuel? Good to see the search is indeed powered by google rather the the terrible tomtom places that ended up on the old car.

Finally, anyone know what connected services are available in the MyT app? I installed that and entered the Vin. It recognised the car but does not yet know the registration understandably. However, it tells me I need to visit a dealer to get connected services activated. Are there any? Is it worth my time?

10 minutes ago, Phill111 said:

Took delivery of my Excel in Obsidian Blue today

Please update your profile, which is currently showing a 2015 Prius+

24 minutes ago, Phill111 said:

Took delivery of my Excel in Obsidian Blue today. Certainly much quieter Than my older 2017 RAV4 was. There are a few things I prefer eon the old car, such as the bigger glove box, it had a glasses holder in the roof and the split arm rest. I actually prefer the cup holders in the old model too as they held a 500ml Coke Zero bottle without it wobbling around all over the place. 

First thing I asked was about the upgrade to CarPlay and was told it would be available in May and cost 200-300, well it had better not or the car gets serviced elsewhere. Still find the always to home page on startup frustrating too, maybe a software update will change that in the future. 

On my oLd car you could access Siri, and probably google assistant too, by holding the voice button. Took me a while to work out this does not work on the new car, instead you hold the phone button. Makes sense I suppose.

Onto the apps, cannot Male head nor tail of that yet. I go to the apps page, start estore and all it does is tells me estore is installed. Are there any other apps? How do I search for parking or fuel? Good to see the search is indeed powered by google rather the the terrible tomtom places that ended up on the old car.

Finally, anyone know what connected services are available in the MyT app? I installed that and entered the Vin. It recognised the car but does not yet know the registration understandably. However, it tells me I need to visit a dealer to get connected services activated. Are there any? Is it worth my time?

I am told estore ‘is coming’ - they are relaunching the connected services, and the key personnel in the branches should be being trained over the next couple of weeks (this is certainly the case in Macclesfield).

Thanks for the tip about SIRI, hadn’t worked that one out yet!

Searching for petrol and parking is done via the navigation app. Click to bring up the left menu (where you can adjust zoom, select route type etc) and click the 3 dots - this will present you with a couple more options including nearest fuel stations with live pricing as well as parking options. Again, not the easiest to find...

You do have to get your dealer to sort out the MyT connected app, for now you get history of all your trips, some tips and analysis (shows you when the car was in EV or normal mode, when you drove more economically or agressivley etc). It also provides tracking to the current location of your car (if you don’t already have that through iPhone/google). Also give your current mileage and keeps track of servicing data etc. It’s not ground breaking, but since it costs nothing to get Toyota to set it up, why not - may be that additional functionality is added later.

I was told by my dealer that CarPlay will be available in April/May and will cost £150 standalone, or £50 if the car is in for a service. They should have been supplying this from the new year, but apparently there was an issue with the in car microphone not working well with Siri, so I believe the upgrade kit involves a software update, but also installation of a different microphone array.

Now you know as much as I do, but please do keep swapping tips, I am sure there is a lot not covered in the standard literature.

Nick.

29 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Please update your profile, which is currently showing a 2015 Prius+

I own that car as well

You can profile more then one car, at least two (I done it).

13 minutes ago, NJHUK said:

You do have to get your dealer to sort out the MyT connected app,.

It makes you wonder why they do not do that as part of the handover really. Thanks for the rest of the info.

7 minutes ago, Catlover said:

You can profile more then one car, at least two (I done it).

Won’t let me on my iPad, at least it won’t in the profile section. Don’t want to clutter this thread with forum problems so will take a look later when I get home and if I still cannot sort it I will start a fresh thread in the relevant place.

2 hours ago, NJHUK said:

You do have to get your dealer to sort out the MyT connected app

Any idea what they need to do?  I'm picking up mine Sunday and would like to get it sorted then. 

1 hour ago, MrBee said:

Any idea what they need to do?  I'm picking up mine Sunday and would like to get it sorted then.

I don't know what they did, but my dealer was aware what was needed when I collected my car last June.

They just required from me the email address I intended to use as my MyT logon ID.

Apparently, my time in EV mode (as chosen by the car rather than me using the EV button) so far this month is 59%.  It also recommends I accelerate more gently from roundabouts, which is rather amusing as I use the Cruise Control to do most of my accelerating for me (and that's in ECO mode too)!

• Thanks 1

EV at 59% sounds pretty good to me Pete, especially with the lower temperatures we been getting.  You found the reason why I don’t use cruise control too much, most of the time the acceleration is too harsh for what I need, my right foot is softer. Not that I want to hold up traffic, never do that (taking legal limits into consideration that is), but as I do take atmospheric conditions into consideration I leave cruise control alone as much as I can...... which can and is a lot of the time.

6 hours ago, Catlover said:

...I don’t use cruise control too much, most of the time the acceleration is too harsh...

I'm surprised you say that, as in ECO mode the acceleration is very tame, and on the many dual carriageways around here almost everything passes me while it goes from about 5 mph to 40 or 60 depending on the speed limit.

But each to their own.

In periods of heavy traffic, if it looks like it will cause other traffic to start bunching, I switch to Normal mode so that it peps up a little.  In Sport mode (PWR on the Prius) it uses almost maximum acceleration so I rarely use that with CC.

The same was true in my Gen 4 Prius, while earlier generations did not vary CC acceleration according to the drive mode selected and that was often a bit quicker than I wanted.

16 hours ago, MrBee said:

Re: Connected Services.

Took my Dynamic 2wd into dealers last week. Service Manager scanned my VIN and took my account id into office. Came back after 5 mins and said connected services would be available anytime up to 24 hours. It was available after an hour and shows all of the above items plus you can modify some setups like auto locking etc. 

Dealer also having training in next couple of weeks and ACP installation confirmed from May ( no costs provided yet ).

900 miles completed from new ( averaging 45 MPG with 53% in EV mode ). 

Has AVAS and presumable Anti Theft Relay so is a MY20 model.

Lovely Car, it really is.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SEH said:

Re: Connected Services.

Took my Dynamic 2wd into dealers last week. Service Manager scanned my VIN and took my account id into office. Came back after 5 mins and said connected services would be available anytime up to 24 hours. It was available after an hour and shows all of the above items plus you can modify some setups like auto locking etc. 

Dealer also having training in next couple of weeks and ACP installation confirmed from May ( no costs provided yet ).

900 miles completed from new ( averaging 45 MPG with 53% in EV mode ). 

Has AVAS and presumable Anti Theft Relay so is a MY20 model.

Lovely Car, it really is.

Thanks, that is good to hear.

Anyone know if there are any software updates yet? I seem to have a few issues although a couple of them could just be me being a muppet.

First is the sat nav, it keeps locking up. Sometimes it freezes, other times the name of the road does not change. Either of these are fixed with switching the car off and back on but three times yesterday and five today is annoying.

Next is the park assist. On my 2017 RAV4 this worked really well. On occasion u would need to silence it, such as if you are in a drive through as passing the wall will set it off. On that year is was easy, just touch the little speaker icon on the screen, job done. On my 2020 model the screen is the panoramic one and there is no icon to shut the park assist up. I have looked through a few menus but cannot find anything. It is quite annoying in a drive through beeping constantly.

Next is my inability to find any level controls. On the old model under general I could change the volumes of announcements, beeps and traffic camera warnings. I cannot find any of these on the new system. Of all the really annoying beeps this thing makes, such as when cruise control goes half a mph over the speed limit, the one useful beep that used to exist on the old system was traffic camera warning. I cannot seem to find a setting for that to beep anywhere.

So going through the setting another bug and that is the back button on the steering wheel. You seem to be able to not use it for anything on the main screen, only on the  dash. What tool of a software engineer came up with that. Hopefully that can get rectified or the button on the steering wheel is pointless,

Other annoying things I hope get sorted are cancelling a route, it now takes three presses to do instead of just two on the old system.

Is there a way to go directly to POI search? Currently I do a search wait for it to fail then I am allowed a POI search.

And finally, if I make a phone call from the steering wheel it comes up on the list on the dash, but not on the main screen so I cannot select favourites etc. However, if I make a call the same way while navigating I loose the map from the main screen as well as the arrows etc on the dash screen. Makes me want to beat the developer and beta tester around the face with a kipper.

It is just annoying that Toyota get so much right but seem to go backwards in the software department for each step they take forward. 

On 2/21/2020 at 6:48 PM, LorrieG said:

Hi, I've been advised by my dealer that the update isn't available till May and will be £150 on its own or £50 with a service. If your dealer has offered it FOC, get it in writing.

• Like 1

On 2/25/2020 at 7:35 PM, Phill111 said:

Anyone know if there are any software updates yet? I seem to have a few issues although a couple of them could just be me being a muppet.

First is the sat nav, it keeps locking up. Sometimes it freezes, other times the name of the road does not change. Either of these are fixed with switching the car off and back on but three times yesterday and five today is annoying.

Next is the park assist. On my 2017 RAV4 this worked really well. On occasion u would need to silence it, such as if you are in a drive through as passing the wall will set it off. On that year is was easy, just touch the little speaker icon on the screen, job done. On my 2020 model the screen is the panoramic one and there is no icon to shut the park assist up. I have looked through a few menus but cannot find anything. It is quite annoying in a drive through beeping constantly.

Next is my inability to find any level controls. On the old model under general I could change the volumes of announcements, beeps and traffic camera warnings. I cannot find any of these on the new system. Of all the really annoying beeps this thing makes, such as when cruise control goes half a mph over the speed limit, the one useful beep that used to exist on the old system was traffic camera warning. I cannot seem to find a setting for that to beep anywhere.

So going through the setting another bug and that is the back button on the steering wheel. You seem to be able to not use it for anything on the main screen, only on the  dash. What tool of a software engineer came up with that. Hopefully that can get rectified or the button on the steering wheel is pointless,

Other annoying things I hope get sorted are cancelling a route, it now takes three presses to do instead of just two on the old system.

Is there a way to go directly to POI search? Currently I do a search wait for it to fail then I am allowed a POI search.

And finally, if I make a phone call from the steering wheel it comes up on the list on the dash, but not on the main screen so I cannot select favourites etc. However, if I make a call the same way while navigating I loose the map from the main screen as well as the arrows etc on the dash screen. Makes me want to beat the developer and beta tester around the face with a kipper.

It is just annoying that Toyota get so much right but seem to go backwards in the software department for each step they take forward. 

Hi, might be better to start this in a seperate thread, I think it will get lost in this one and may not get the answers

• Like 1

Took delivery of my new RAV4 this morning! After a 6 month wait all I can say is “it was very well worth the wait!”

Took “the Beast” for a run of around 113. mixed road miles (A & B roads along with dual carriageways and through a couple of villages) and the mpg according to the onboard computer was 50.1mpg. I’m not complaining about that!

The car is so far is certainly comparable with the Lexus NX300h Premium I part exed for. Most of the premium goodies on the Lexus are on the RAV4.

I hope to give updates on regular intervals.

• Like 6

Picked up mine today too. 

Impressed so far. Did roughly 80 mile trip (in 2 40 parts) and got just under 53 mpg. Nice and quiet inside and impressed with the amount of telemetry. 

The trip information on MyT is better than I expected. 

It has the AVAS. You can just about hear it at low speed with the radio off. 

Got stuck in a bit of a tailback and it was great rolling along using Battery power.

The dealer said that during the car preparation, they added supagard by mistake, so that is an added bonus 😊

IMG_20200301_152252-picsay.jpg

IMG_20200301_152312-picsay.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, MrBee said:

Picked up mine today too. 

Impressed so far. Did roughly 80 mile trip (in 2 40 parts) and got just under 53 mpg. Nice and quiet inside and impressed with the amount of telemetry. 

The trip information on MyT is better than I expected. 

It has the AVAS. You can just about hear it at low speed with the radio off. 

Got stuck in a bit of a tailback and it was great rolling along using battery power.

The dealer said that during the car preparation, they added supagard by mistake, so that is an added bonus 😊

IMG_20200301_152252-picsay.jpg

IMG_20200301_152312-picsay.jpg

Nice! Welcome to the Obsidian Blue club! Now that my "ancient" '69er is fully run-in, I'm getting closer to 55 MPG with a light foot and a mix of urban and country roads. 60 MPG may be possible once it gets warmer and I can turn off the heated seats and steering wheel. I was recently offered what I paid for mine due to delivery times, but I've decided to keep it due to the possibility of new cars being really hammered in the new tax year.

Android Auto / Car Play ?  To be honest, I've not missed it as much as I thought I would.

• Thanks 1

Just a quick tip for those that have just taken delivery. I mentioned in my previous post that I could not find a way to temporarily shut up the parking sensors. On the old model there was a button on the screen. It was not intuitive, but pressing the OK button on the steering wheel does it now. 

Niggles aside, this new model is excellent. It certainly feels a lot better put together with less creaks and rattles. Really am impressed.

7 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

Nice! Welcome to the Obsidian Blue club! 

Cheers. The colour is a lot better than I expected. Especially close up. 

How many miles gave you got up to?