Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 Rav 4 - delivery - lead times - order to delivery

AdrianRot

Took delivery of Mine Yesterday. Today driven to Milton keynes, all Motorway and achieved 51mpg on the trip. Not sure how accurate that actually is. Very relaxed drive. 

Impressed so far, just a few niggles that I'll just have to get used to.

Home Screen - Map alwasy showing as North. Grrrr

When selecting Audio, after a while to changes back to Home Screen. Not yet found if there is a setting for that.

MyRAV4.jpg

• Like 2

Picked my Rav4 Excel AWD up on 01 March after six month lead time. A really nice car to drive

Have the same issue with the orientation of the map. It's back in the dealership for an Entune software update.  I did call Toyota UK customer services and they inferred that the update should have been applied before collection.

1 hour ago, BigR1ch said:

...When selecting Audio, after a while to changes back to Home Screen. Not yet found if there is a setting for that.

This is on P51 of the RAV4 "NAV" Manual (page numbers can be different depending when manual was downloaded!):

Nav Manual P51.jpg

Map orientation (always compass-north) issue

My 2 day old Rav4 Excel does have both the issue and the latest software.

Just got off the phone with Toyota UK and the patch that contains the fix is out late March/April. Can be applied free of charge to new cars

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PeteB said:

This is on P51 of the RAV4 "NAV" Manual (page numbers can be different depending when manual was downloaded!):

Nav Manual P51.jpg

thanks for that, after a search of the PDF manual i found that. now sorted, 

thanks

7 hours ago, CheshireCat said:

Map orientation (always compass-north) issue

My 2 day old Rav4 Excel does have both the issue and the latest software.

Just got off the phone with Toyota UK and the patch that contains the fix is out late March/April. Can be applied free of charge to new cars

thats good to know. Sounds like there will be a lot of fixes to apply this year, what with this and ACP/AA, should keep the dealers busy 🙂

My AWD Toyota Red Excel will be delivered to the dealer on 10th March, it is a 20.5 so has AA\carplay  Ordered first week in October

Got my excel AWD this week with sunroof and JBL system.  Unintentionally ordered the wrong interior (beige instead of grey) but so happy I did! Love the colour against the blue exterior! 

Took about 5 months ordering time but easily the best car I’ve driven ...love love love it! First Toyota I’ve had coming off a Mercedes CLA and so glad I made the change. 

Hope you don’t all have to wait too long! 

• Like 4

On 3/7/2020 at 1:39 PM, Avitohyes said:

Got my excel AWD this week with sunroof and JBL system.  Unintentionally ordered the wrong interior (beige instead of grey) but so happy I did! Love the colour against the blue exterior! 

Took about 5 months ordering time but easily the best car I’ve driven ...love love love it! First Toyota I’ve had coming off a Mercedes CLA and so glad I made the change. 

Hope you don’t all have to wait too long! 

Sounds lovely and so excited for you. Glad to hear the beige interior looks good as no idea what it looks like in the flesh - only from pictures. II ordered the decuma grey rav4 excel AWD with beige interior and am due to collect it this Wednesday, my birthday. Can't wait to see it as been a long seven month wait :) Wishing you many miles of safe and happy motoring 

I note all your comments regarding the Map always pointing North up. I may be alone, but I wouldn't have in any other way. When I look at a large atlas (North up), the last thing I want to do is rotate the page. As soon as I got my latest mobile phone and portable GPS, the first thing I did was configure them for North up! If I couldn't have North up, I wouldn't be driving a RAV4 - sorry 😉

BTW... I just put my reg. no. and mileage into WeBuyAnyCar and it's worth only £2k less than what I paid for it on 01SEP, no wonder I was offered what I paid for it the other week. A friend ordered a Porsche Macan 3.0 S as soon as they came out and made £2,500 profit on it as soon as it was delivered; however, he did have to wait a year for it!

• Like 1

I put in an order for a RAV4 Dynamic AWD Hybrid Decuma Grey last week.   Was told "August" but that it might be earlier.  Just sitting here hitting the refresh button on the Track Your Order page 🙂

• Haha 3

On 3/10/2020 at 11:40 PM, MrJerdi said:

I put in an order for a RAV4 Dynamic AWD Hybrid Decuma Grey last week.   Was told "August" but that it might be earlier.  Just sitting here hitting the refresh button on the Track Your Order page 🙂

...of course realistically speaking I might have a slightly better chance of getting a toilet roll than a RAV4 in "August" 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, MrJerdi said:

...of course realistically speaking I might have a slightly better chance of getting a toilet roll than a RAV4 in "August" 

At least a RAV4 will be cheaper than toilet roll by then! 😉

• Haha 2

got mine today, Carplay, AA, Excel in Tokyo red, drove Shrewsbury to manchester  54mpg that will do for me

• Like 2

Pick mine up tomorrow, been waiting since early September.  And now I’m largely working from home and shouldn’t visit my folks,  I’ve got to make some excuses up to enjoy it!  I’m sure I’ll find something suitable. 

• Like 1

Rav4 AWD beaten by COVID-19

Our new Rav4 is in social separation like the rest of us. It's only got 300 miles on the clock 😞

There is no reason why you can’t go out for a drive as long as you keep away from groups of people.

To the new owners, enjoy, a very relaxing car. I still get 50mpg+ on a longer run but less in town. Expect to see your mpg drop in the coming weeks when you discover its quite fun and quite a pokey car and it can be enjoyably hustled when your in the mood. And be careful of letting your cruise speed creep up, it does settle quite effortlessly into naughty and mpg unfriendly speeds.

Don't be scared of ordering the Beige interior, after 15,000 miles of rough working and family life mine is looking good as new without picking up dirt, creasing or scuffs. My wife had reservations about my choice but its fine and looks much more expensive IMHO.

• Like 3

On 3/18/2020 at 9:45 AM, ROCKETRON said:

There is no reason why you can’t go out for a drive as long as you keep away from groups of people.

I'm in West Berkshire and I was stopped by two separate police checkpoints today asking where I was going from/to. Luckily I had a receipt from a local grocer to show as proof of journey. Going out for just a drive rather than a valid reason isn't good enough for our local coppers. I'm out on a bike ride tomorrow and it'll be interesting if they stop me again. We have a lot of boy racers at the moment and late night "dogging" which may account for the checkpoints. A mate in the army has just had his fortnight's leave cancelled, but he doesn't know any more yet.

I feel sorry for those that won't be able to pick their new RAV4 up for the foreseeable. I just hope that a '20 plate can be collected before the '70 plate is out. Make sure you ask for it to be registered as close to pick-up as possible.

I just hope that I can keep driving until the army really lock us down, just a mattern of time I think. I've just cancelled my cycling holiday in Greece for August as I'd rather lose the small holding deposit than claim for the whole lot. I can't see things going back to normal by Summer. Just wait, we'll have a scorcher with no beaches, parks, campsites or BBQs to enjoy.

LOL... They think Wimbledon is going ahead... yeah, right!

Be safe out there and be polite to the coppers if stopped 😉

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

until the army really lock us down

That’s not how Military Aid to the Civil Authorities works.  If they’re to be used, It will be in helping the NHS, mainly, by ferrying supplies, essential workers and freeing up staff in roles so that they can be used more efficiently.  You won’t see army patrols on the the streets keeping law and order.

On 3/27/2020 at 6:38 AM, Adamthenav said:

That’s not how Military Aid to the Civil Authorities works.  If they’re to be used, It will be in helping the NHS, mainly, by ferrying supplies, essential workers and freeing up staff in roles so that they can be used more efficiently.  You won’t see army patrols on the the streets keeping law and order.

Spain and Italy are using the army to patrol streets why are you so sure it wont happen here

9 hours ago, jukie said:

Spain and Italy are using the army to patrol streets why are you so sure it wont happen here

We have a very different attitude to the use of the military.  The Italians have the Carabinieri who are, effectively a military police force, in the same way of the French Gendarmerie and the Dutch Marechausee, so they’ll much more readily accept seeing troops on the streets for law and order purposes.
The advent of a professional police force in 1829 meant that policing didn’t need the army to play its part, though the Civil Contingencies Act of 2004 does have provision for Military Aid to the Civil Power, so it is possible for the military to be used but highly unlikely following the lessons of Operation Banner, the deployment to Northern Ireland in 1969.  It’s just not the British way and a government would be in dire straights before this were to happen.  Instead, the military will be, and is being used, transport, building and casevac.  Yesterday, Puma helicopters deployed to Kinloss in Moray, Chinooks and Wildcats to Leeming in N Yorkshire, along with operating from their usual bases at Odiham (Hants), Benson (Oxon), and Yeovilton (Somerset).

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Adamthenav said:

Yesterday, Puma helicopters deployed to Kinloss in Moray, Chinooks and Wildcats to Leeming in N Yorkshire, along with operating from their usual bases at Odiham (Hants), Benson (Oxon), and Yeovilton (Somerset).

Being in Didcot (not a million miles away from Benson) I've noticed an increase in helicopter action the last week or so.

Getting back to the topic.....  Due to the current 'human malware' situation I've had to unfortunately cancel my order 🙁.  There will be a Decuma Grey Excel AWD available some time in May/June for one lucky person

Mine arrived at the dealers in the 20th March. Garage is now temporary closed, so just have to wait for them to reopen to get the delivery date

Probably better that way that collecting 2 days before lockdown. I’m now paying for it to collect dust. At least it reduces the chance of me going over the mileage on my PCP.