Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 Rav 4 - delivery - lead times - order to delivery

AdrianRot

I'm wondering how much COVID-19 has held back production in Japan. To be honest, if I was in limbo now with an imminent pending order, I would be tempted to postpone until 01SEP. The last thing I would want is anything rushed and corners cut in order to accommodate delivery any sooner if restrictions are soon lifted. Dealerships will be hit hard having to furlough non-working staff and, or course, having to keep paying rent on each site - therefore, going forward, I think any discounts will be few and far between. 

Since I try to cycle when I can and the shops are within walking distance, I'm hardy using my RAV4 at all. I just wish I knew when the endgame was so that I could SORN it in the meantime. On the bright side, I stand to save over £500 per month by not using petrol, not eating out, not going to cinema or shows, not going for a nice drive in the country and not going to the pub. It's also taught me to minimise food waste as I don't panic buy (I refuse to queue!) and I just get what I need from my local shops every few days.

I'm way under my PCP mileage so I'm thinking of a trip to Scotland (I'm in West Berkshire) for a nice long break, hopefully to somewhere quiet to avoid the inevitable huge crowds that will just have been released. I love my RAV4, so will very likely pay the balloon payment in just under 18 months time; however, I'll test drive the new plug-in anyway and see how good the trade in deals are.

Have any of you managed to get servicing and any remedial work done while the dealerships are closed? I know MOT centres are mostly open.

9 hours ago, Adamthenav said:

Probably better that way that collecting 2 days before lockdown. I’m now paying for it to collect dust. At least it reduces the chance of me going over the mileage on my PCP. 

I am a key worker so I would be driving everyday. Plus I need to speak with my existing lease provider as you rightly mentioned I don't want to be charged mileage for a vehicle that should have gone back

On 3/28/2020 at 7:11 PM, Adamthenav said:

Yesterday, Puma helicopters deployed to Kinloss in Moray, Chinooks and Wildcats to Leeming in N Yorkshire, along with operating from their usual bases at Odiham (Hants), Benson (Oxon), and Yeovilton (Somerset).

See:  https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/helicopters-redeployed-around-uk-help-in-fight-against-covid-19/

14 hours ago, Rocks703 said:

I am a key worker so I would be driving everyday. Plus I need to speak with my existing lease provider as you rightly mentioned I don't want to be charged mileage for a vehicle that should have gone back

Good points. I was lucky during the wait for delivery as I have an old Golf that runs (relatively) well and the mileage doesn’t matter. 

Is your Toyota dealer contactable?  Can they do a suitably distanced handover?  A mate works for London Ambulance and he’s getting a new Hyundai, albeit from a franchise that’s still open. 

• 1 month later...

Warning Check tyre pressures after collection.

Just serviced my Rav4 to find the tyres at 46psi (shipping pressure) instead of 33psi.  I'd trusted that the dealer had done their job. Big mistake.

Good job that with COVID19 lockdown I've not done much motorway (70 mph) driving

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, I took delivery of my new Rav a week before lockdown. It has now done 2 months to the gallon and I expect it to maybe manage three. How's that for a hybrid? :) 

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, LorrieG said:

Well, I took delivery of my new Rav a week before lockdown.

Please update your profile.

On 5/2/2020 at 5:19 PM, CheshireCat said:

Warning Check tyre pressures after collection.

Just serviced my Rav4 to find the tyres at 46psi (shipping pressure) instead of 33psi.  I'd trusted that the dealer had done their job. Big mistake.

Good job that with COVID19 lockdown I've not done much motorway (70 mph) driving

Yes indeed.  I've used an after market Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (Vs the "Warning" system of the factory fit TPWS).  It displays realtime pressures (and at the press of a button, temperatures) of each tyre and it's surprising how much the pressure can increase during a long fast drive, and even more so when the sun (even on a cool day) is on a tyre - I've seen +10°C and +8 psi once or twice!)..

Edited by PeteB
forgot at include "and +8 psi"

On 5/9/2020 at 2:43 PM, LorrieG said:

Well, I took delivery of my new Rav a week before lockdown. It has now done 2 months to the gallon and I expect it to maybe manage three. How's that for a hybrid? 🙂

Same here, managed to do 5 miles last month 😞

• Sad 1

On 3/29/2020 at 4:39 PM, duncerduncs said:

Being in Didcot (not a million miles away from Benson) I've noticed an increase in helicopter action the last week or so.

Getting back to the topic.....  Due to the current 'human malware' situation I've had to unfortunately cancel my order 🙁.  There will be a Decuma Grey Excel AWD available some time in May/June for one lucky person

....Did you loose you deposit due to the cancellation ?

12 hours ago, MrJerdi said:

....Did you loose you deposit due to the cancellation ?

Thankfully, no.  I think the dealer is still hopeful that the demand will still be fairly high once 'normality' resumes.

• Like 3

Still waiting for mine but looks like the NHS are getting some today

Rav4.5.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I am delighted to say that I have today taken delivery of my new RAV-4, ordered in June last year, it came into the country late March, it's been in lockdown but arrived today. It looks great, i have only taken it around the block but so far its seems well worth the wait. I am very pleased. 

• Like 7

Hi all, been chasing different leasing companies for. A RAV4 Dynamic AWD, with premium pack. Some said 6-8 weeks, Hitachi leasing said 25-26 weeks! Went to local Toyota dealer he ordered says 4-5 weeks 🤔 Wonder which one is going to be correct?

Go with dealer if you can i ordered a design 2wd last August and there now telling me October for delivery that's 14 months.

• 2 weeks later...

finally have a delivery date as the 17th... Roll on next Friday 

• Like 1

Today saw 2 car transporters on the A38 just south of Burton On Trent, heading northbound. Looked like all Rav 4's. James.

After my delivery going through end December ( order placed end Nov, but held up for 4 weeks at my work, some company tax issue switching to wltp apparently ) 

Delivery next week, the last week of July. 

Android Auto lottery will be interesting. 

Took delivery of mine on Friday. Really pleased so far. Averaging 56mpg so far better than my previous vehicle of 30 mpg.

I gave the vehicle a full detail and chemical coat yesterday. Really impressed with the quality of the delivery paint, normally this is a chore to get looking good. But after a little refining it was even better.

No android auto only mirror casting so will have to wait for service time.

CollageMaker_20200718_174822281.jpg

Screenshot_20200719-115736_Photos.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No AA is disappointing for those vehicles coming through in July 20. 

Not looking good for move next week. 🙄

Car looks great though @Rocks703

• Thanks 1

My vehicle arrived at the dealers back in March, so maybe why no Android Auto.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Rocks703 said:

My vehicle arrived at the dealers back in March, so maybe why no Android Auto.

Ahh, could be then. 

No idea where mine has been. Could be the same. Find out in a few days I guess. 

Unfortunately mine is an Icon grade so whatever it has or doesn't have I'm stuck with. 

1 hour ago, Biomulv said:

Ahh, could be then. 

No idea where mine has been. Could be the same. Find out in a few days I guess. 

Unfortunately mine is an Icon grade so whatever it has or doesn't have I'm stuck with. 

Colleague got a icon with nav delivered last week and it came with car play and AA he ordered last August. 

3 hours ago, griff279 said:

Colleague got a icon with nav delivered last week and it came with car play and AA he ordered last August. 

(Mod edit: please don't bypass the swear filter), thought my 8 months was bad. 

Promising, thanks for the reply. Dunno if the nav extra makes any difference to it though as its a different unit I believe. 

Depends which model year your Rav is. See the first post of the following -