Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 Rav 4 - delivery - lead times - order to delivery

AdrianRot

Hi, 

I've been looking to replace my A6 Avant with something taller (my wife likes SUV's) and for the past few months we were constantly looking out for what's available on the market.

Recently (last Friday)  I've seen an online ad for the new RAV4 and got an instant like of the new shape. We called the Bristol Toyota and they said they just received one for drive tests, so we booked one for Sunday.

I had to admit, I was a bit skeptical regarding the overall interior look and feel, and the quality (coming from the Audi) but it's not bad at all. We drove a Dynamic 2WD and the leather and plastic quality, the blue stitches everywhere, they're quite nice. It feels way up-market and into premium territory, with a few exceptions (Screen resolution and side buttons).

Besides that, for the budget I have (around 35k) the Toyota stands in a class of its own in terms of technology - both the hybrid drivetrain and the active safety (Adaptive Cruise, Lane assist etc) that comes even in the cheapest spec.

So we were instantly hooked, and we proceeded to order one! 🙂

We weren't sure about trims; Dynamic seems to have all the nice looking black bits (roof; wheels; some trims etc) but in the Toyota comparison website it lacks:

Memory function on driver seat
Front wiper de-icer
Washer fluid level warning
Heated steering wheel

I understand from another post on this forum that this might be a mistake from Toyota; but they better sort out their site soon, the dealership could not commit on whether these items are there or not on the Dynamic, so in the end we ordered the Excel and the dealer added a vinyl wrap of the roof for free (done locally) to get the same "look".

The Excel is massively better from the previous one (Design), having as extra:

Chrome insert on door handles
Puddle lights on door mirrors
Blind Spot Monitor (BSM)
Headlight cleaners
Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)
LED Dual-beam Projector headlights
Light Blue ambient lighting on open tray
Light Blue ambient lighting on front cup holders
Heated driver & front passenger seats
Power adjustable driver seat with Memory function
Front wiper de-icer
Washer fluid level warning
Heated steering wheel

Plus other things such as the pano roof, JBL&360 camera as options (that you cannot order on a Design variant).

We only added the towbar as an option, and a few protective items such as rubber mats and boot liner, and chrome inserts on the rear bumper.

The order delivery date is 23rd of May, I'm hoping (based on dealer comments) to be sooner than that but.. we'll have to wait and see.

Counting the days! 🙂

• Like 1

Hi John, welcome to TOC (& Toyota ownership soon) 🙂

• 1 month later...

Good evening all,

My Excel  AWD model was ordered  by the supplying dealer last week with a delivery date of July although they said they expected it to arrive sooner.

Just wondered what delivery times others have been quoted for the AWD models ?

Martin

A new member has been quoted 12 weeks for their Rav4 - though they haven't said whether it is FWD or AWD.

Ordered 2 weeks ago, Excel, white, beige interior, AWD, with JBL/PVM pack - quoted a vague "June", waiting for update

• Like 1

Ordered Excel 2WD beginning March updated now to July August 🧐

I havent order any but when I asked my local Toyota dealer yesterday he said I would get an AWD in about oct / november if I ordered yesterday.

Kenth, 

That’s interesting, I will have to give my dealer a chase. Are you based in the UK though ?

On 4/5/2019 at 7:09 PM, HSDish said:

Forgot to say Im living in Sweden...

Maybe they're later on the launch schedule than UK, I'm hoping to get mine in June/early July (or preferably sooner), but my dealer has been unable to confirm a build date as of a couple of days ago.

I ordered a new Excel AWD RAV4 when the dealers received their initial trade briefing, that was way back, last December.  The Toyota system accepted the order and the delivery date was then shown as 1st May and this has not changed.  My dealer has had delivery dates change on other more recent orders but mine is still showing as 1st May and that is what I am working on. I have got a registration number and insurance ready to go.  I guess that it should be on the water by now but I have failed to find any useful information as to the shipping method and timescales for these cars.  The only thing I did find is that these cars arrive at a facility at Portbury, Bristol.  Time will tell if it arrives on time. I understand from the dealer that the Toyota logistics advice is unreliable and often not updated. The first indication that they often have is when a car turns up on site.  

When I test drove it on 17th of Feb the system showed a delivery date of beginning of May, and when I ordered (AWD version) on 19th of Feb the order "est del date" was set to 23rd of May. I asked the dealer if there is any change/update a few times already, they always say the dates haven't changed and there is no further information they can provide, currently the system says "may-june" 2019.

Ordered RAV4 Hybrid AWD Excel on the 12th March with a delivery date of 19th June

Thank you for all your replies, looks like 12 weeks on average then which might mean early July for me as our finance dept sat on the order for nearly 4 weeks !!

Still no eta on my rav4 yet, the guy at the dealer did mention July which is another 4 weeks. I've gone for the design FWD btw.

I'm located in Sweden and we seems to have the same conditions as ChrisJohn describes abowe.

If You where among the first ones that ordered in mid december ( in Sweden. dont know if both FWD and AWD though) Youll probably got your car in the beginning of May as I can understand.

The RAV 2019 seems very popular in Sweden and this will probably affect delivering time.

There is even a higher price now, compared to if you ordered earlier, cause of a higher/increased YEN value compared to Swedish KRONA

Saw that my local Toyota dealer got two new RAV 4 2019, this wednesday 17 apr. for customer deliverance. Dont know if it was FWD or AWD though.

The cars did still have plastic on wheels and doors and no register plate yet 

I work for a national construction company and several drivers have ordered RAV4s recently;-my Decuma grey fwd EXCEL (with Pan roof) was ordered early April and fleet management tell me current advised delivery to dealer is w/c 16th Sept.

23 weeks is sure going to drag by this summer.😫

At least, I'm not seeing any others on the roads yet to rub it in further...

welcome to TOC, Rob. 🙂

Hi All,

I've finally been given a date for my car, ordered FWD design on 24th March and date I've been given is 12th July. So that's 3 1/2 months, I can't wait but why so long.

I've found out that if you order one now then it will be October, that is long. I'm sure people will buy something else if they hear that.

I am still expecting my AWD Excel to arrive within the next couple of weeks but I did order it last December. The extended delivery times must either mean that Toyota is having manufacturing problems or that demand is running higher than they anticipated.  Given the general drop in demand for new cars we read about, that raises some interesting questions.  I guess that the factories in Japan are supplying most of the world except North America which has its own plant in Canada from what I have read. RAV sales have always been very, very strong in the USA. Given that RAV4 sales in the UK have reportedly been declining for a while it will be interesting to see if the new model will reverse the trend? Supplies of the last version were exhausted at least 3 months before the first of the new models started to appear so I guess there was a pent up demand anyway.  All in all it doesn't look like very good planning on the part of Toyota. Time will presumably tell?

afaik first deliveries of AWD RAV4s were never due into the UK before May. Given that the new RAV4 has been getting generally favourable reviews I am sure that any "stock" orders have been/are being sold so that there is no pool of spare cars sitting around yet that dealers can draw from. Frustrating in the meantime but once they get on top of that initial demand & can build a pool for stock things will get better.

I seem to remember reading in many places that 6 months for customer build is not unusual for the likes of BMW, VW etc. & they are in Europe without a 1 month+ ship from Japan.

Has any member contacted Toyota uk to ask why the waiting time , and why if order books are filling up they are still advertising on uk tv 😳

i have emailed this morning and waiting for an answer 

Members waiting for new RAV4 orders should email Toyota and sad Y the wait 

https://www.toyota.co.uk/contact-us/email-us

Hi,

Design AWD, ordered mid February and available for collection now. UK.

Regards,

O

Presumably Toyota are currently advertising the Rav 4 to take advantage of people ordering for the September change in registration (ie. 69 reg).

Hi Oscar,

That’s a quick delivery date, well done. Hope you enjoy.

Martin