Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 Rav 4 - delivery - lead times - order to delivery

AdrianRot

7 minutes ago, Dorneykaz said:

So I’m starting to get a bit impatient now 😀. I’ve had my Dynamic 2WD with the sunroof, camera and JBL sound system upgrade on order since the beginning of May. Had the email from Toyota in July telling me I can track my order on the mytoyota app. It’s been saying processing order ever since!

Originally my dealer said Sept delivery but has since told me end of year. I do hope it doesn’t get put back again.

I’m just wondering when they might actually be starting to build my car 😄

I ordered the same spec in July my delivery date was end of June 2020, had an email from the lease firm Friday saying it going to be middle of June 2020... so fingers crossed it will come forward some more to be ready for May 1st

Picked up our RAV4 this morning, our first automatic! managed 57 mpg on the way home from the dealer.  Only thing we are not liking is while listening to music and using the satnav it does not turn off the music like our previous car! Early days but very solid and easy to drive.

Placed the order (company car) for a Rav 4 AWD Design spec with no additions at the end of June and got a call last week to say that it had come in stock and got it delivered on Wednesday 25th, making it about 3 months in total from order.  Was originally told that it would be nearer November at the time so pleased its come sooner.

Very happy so far!  

2 hours ago, _CK said:

Very happy so far!  

Good to hear.  Let us know if your colleagues give you stick about the registration!  🤣

Someone posted this tip a while ago but sorry I can't find it now...

Anyway I was slightly disappointed in the ride in mine compared to my original demo drive. The tip I saw here was check your tyre pressures as the the car may be delivered 'over-pumped' but I forgot.

Last week I checked them and yes, found cold pressures to be at 38psi - way too high, reset to the correct 33psi has made a tangible improvement to the comfort, its an exceptionally nice place to be for a lot of miles now.

To however mentioned it before. Thanks pal!

I'm lucky with my dealer, my pressures were spot on.

I also get them to swap winter/summer tyres onto the stock wheels twice a year and specify the pressures I want.

I fitted an aftermarket tyre pressure monitoring system (TyrePal) that displays pressures in all five tyres and gives visual and audible warning of low/high pressure or temperature, indicating which wheel and the actual pressure or temperature that prompted the warning.  So I'm immediately able to see if they got it right.

On the last occasion I had a slow puncture it reported it before the built-in TPWS system.

1 minute ago, PeteB said:

I'm lucky with my dealer, my pressures were spot on.

I also get them to swap winter/summer tyres onto the stock wheels twice a year and specify the pressures I want.

I fitted an aftermarket tyre pressure monitoring system (TyrePal) that displays pressures in all five tyres and gives visual and audible warning of low/high pressure or temperature, indicating which wheel and the actual pressure or temperature that prompted the warning.  So I'm immediately able to see if they got it right.

On the last occasion I had a slow puncture it reported it before the built-in TPWS system.

Yes, I guess it depends on the dealers throughput how much time they spend on PDI, I bet yours didn't miss resetting the seat memory either.

Mine came through the nominated dealer (Still don't know which one) of one of the largest fleet lease companies in the country so I guess they are pretty pushed. In fact I think I will go check there is oil in it right now... lol

9 minutes ago, Rav Rob said:

...I bet yours didn't miss resetting the seat memory either...

Ha!  Actually, that's the only thing they missed, but one of their technicians told me how to sort it.

They did spot a tiny imperfection in the silver trim around the rightmost Airvent though, and said they'd obtain a new part and fit it at my next visit, which they did.

I've just joined here (five minutes ago) so this is my first post.  I ordered a AWD Excel with no options in June and it's arriving tomorrow.  Brace yourselves for lots of daft questions!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

On 9/29/2019 at 10:45 AM, Hold Tight Min said:

I've just joined here (five minutes ago) so this is my first post.  I ordered a AWD Excel with no options in June and it's arriving tomorrow.  Brace yourselves for lots of daft questions!

Well all the best on getting your new car. I have the Excel as well and had it now for 4 weeks. I and my family love it.

Next Friday it is going back to have a tow bar fitted. Pretty expensive but I could not find anyone willing to fit a towbar being it is a reasonably new model or the price was similar to Toyota’s price. I did not want to invalidate the warranty so stayed with Toyota fitting it.

I also need Toyota to correct the light position as the drivers headlight is set too low compared to passengers. Now more noticeable as evenings are getting darker. This should have been found on pre-inspection. Also I am finding the steering feels lighter on one side so I now wonder is tracking is incorrect. I will take this to my tyre centre that I know has the full equipment to test this out.

The tyre pressures are slightly incorrect being set at 36 and 37 psi but I doubt this will effect tracking so dramatically.

I suggest if you do have questions on you Excel, do a search first to see if the same question has been asked. I made this mistake and people corrected me. Anyway enjoy you Excel.

• Like 1

On 9/29/2019 at 3:50 PM, Buff69 said:

Hi Scottydog007 is the tyre pressure 33 all round ?

Cheers I will reduce them to normal setting but I will doubt this will effect tracking if they are all set high. But generally I tend to set then slightly higher anyway as I often carry a lot of equipment or large people.

I had Honda CRV’s and Land Rover’s and they were fine being too high. I had a weird thing with the CRV though. When I needed new tyres a garage convinced me to swap then away from the normal Bridgestones and I has serious vibration problems, when I did some research Honda stated that some tyre tread patterns are just not suitable to the car. So now I tend to stay with what has been the norm, especially on 4x4’s

On 9/29/2019 at 3:50 PM, Buff69 said:

Cheers,

4 hours ago, Buff69 said:

yes, for both 17" & 18" wheels.  The manual says add 3 psi if towing a trailer (and don't exceed 62 mph [legal limit 60 in UK anyway]) but says nothing about increasing for heavy payload oir fast driving as is recommended for some other cars (still might be a good idea).

Hi everyone 

This is my first post here!! I have been browsing the threads for a while though. 

I placed an order for an AWD Excel last Thursday. Dealer has an estimated delivery date of March 2020.

My current car is a lease ending at the end of February, so fingers crossed it's early March delivery!

It is here (was waiting at the dealer for a month)
Design 2wd in white, was orderred beginning of April

IMG_0120.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/1/2019 at 1:59 PM, SponsorUK said:

It is here (was waiting at the dealer for a month)
Design 2wd in white, was orderred beginning of April

IMG_0120.jpg

That White looks really bright!  it was one of my preferences but the wife vetoed it as my previous car was White... no I don't know why that makes a difference either!

You got the Bridgestone tyres instead of the Dunlops, 'on paper' the Dunlops are supposed to be slightly better (higher efficiency and lower noise) but I don't like them on mine so maybe you got the better result with the Bridges.

Enjoy!

I don't really care what colour the outside is from an aesthetic point of view, but white helps keep the car cool even in winter sun - I briefly had a 2011 Yaris when they had stopped making them as the 2012 shape was imminent, and they'd run out of white so I got Dacuma (dark) Grey.  My former partner still has it, and when it's parked next to my car on a sunny day, it gets quite hot - sometimes almost too hot to place a hand on it - mine feels cool to the touch.  I'm sure it helps work the A/C a bit less hard and saves a bit of fuel and emissions too.

My last 2 Prius and current RAV4 I got white with a black body side moulding to help protect against careless door opening in car parks, and I think it breaks the car up nicely.  It's already done a sterling job when a burk guy getting into his car while chatting on his phone didn't even realise he'd hit my car hard enough to make it rock slightly, but the dull thud sound told me the trim had done it's job, and I couldn't see any sign of the contact.

20190701_105525.jpg

On 9/17/2019 at 8:52 PM, SEH said:

I ordered a 2WD Dynamic in Obsidian Blue on May 30th. Originally expected in Sept/Oct it was pushed out to February 2020 in August.  No change since.

Must admit, im getting a tad impatient. 

For anyone that's awaiting a 2WD Dynamic...……………….I got an update today, car will be now be in dealership in January. so has moved forward by a month from above.

• Thanks 1

Found out that non JBL head unit plays flac files and you can browse and play by folders (finally), so no need to create playlists no more.

The annoying thing with folder browse is I have albums in a structure, so folders called A-C, D-E etc and then within those, folders containing albums.

When you go to browse folder, it completely ignores all structure and lists all the album folders in one flat list, meaning a lot of scrolling to get to the folder you want especially if there are 100. Its a danger as you have to take your eyes off the road longer. And there doesn't seem to be a back button to go back to the list if you want a change, you have to start from the left source button again.

Its the first such system I have seen in any car that does that, why?????

To be honest the whole unit is half hearted, from the sat. nav. that points the wrong way, DAB reception isn't the best and its built in speed camera warnings that go off so far in advance you would have forgotten by the time you get there!

It is a bit amazing that such a big manufacturer launching a hugely successful global model can't make a slick stereo.

I would concur, even without Apple CarPlay / Android Auto it is not a great user experience, having said that the DAB is much better reception than my previous BMW. If ACP / AA do get added as a software update in the near future that should improve matters I would hope.

Everything  is built to a cost I guess but why not up the cost by say £300 and fit a better solution, VW, BMW and Audi are all better systems but at a higher price point of course.

It is really the only issue that lets it down in my view, if I were a private buyer better tech would be a priority to me rather than lane assist perhaps.

I have done about 6 K in mine now and am really please with the car however

A friend of mine bought a similar sized, 4WD Skoda SUV about the same time as I got my RAV.  His car was much cheaper (but not a Hybrid) and from what I've seen when I've been in it his digital dash (I think the VW Group name is Virtual Dash?) and infotainment system make the RAV's look well over 10 years out of date.  The displays, especially, seem to have vastly superior resolution, clarity and brightness, and are very visible in direct sunlight, whereas both screens in the RAV are very poor in bright light, even when the sunlight is not falling directly on them.

I do like the displays in the RAV, I just wish (especially given the price point of the car) they were better quality and more usable in poor light.  The panoramic camera system is, to me, one of the most brilliant (not literally!) features of the car, but in bright light it's hard to see exactly when the tyres are going to touch the kerb, one of the key benefits most of the time.

Playlists

I do miss Playlists too, because I used them extensively on the Gen 3 & 4 Prius and I can't understand why they won't work with USB on the newer system in the RAV, particularly as it's the upgraded system that is part of the JBL/PVM package.  Folders don't work well for me, either.

Playlists do work when playing music from the phone via bluetooth however, but it's less convenient as I have to remember to check the music app is running on the phone before setting off (or park up to do it if I forget), and it also amplifies any dings and other sounds the phone makes when an email arrives or a reminder pings, which is mildly annoying.

On 10/4/2019 at 9:50 AM, Rav Rob said:

...And there doesn't seem to be a back button to go back to the list if you want a change, you have to start from the left source button again...

Doesn't the "Song List" menu item on the USB or bluetooth Audio menus work for you?

On 10/4/2019 at 9:50 AM, Rav Rob said:

...It is a bit amazing that such a big manufacturer launching a hugely successful global model can't make a slick stereo.

Amen!

On 7/4/2019 at 11:29 AM, Guest17 said:

I ordered a 2wd Excel with pano roof in mid March (although through my company fleet so may have been late March before they placed the order). Originally given a delivery date of mid June, then mid September and just had a message to say it's expected early November. Is this latest slip something others have seen? 

Mine was delivered today 6 weeks earlier than forecast. 60 miles and I'm delighted so far.

IMAG1108.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gary, hope you enjoy. Have not seen that colour is it the Khaki ?