AdrianRot

2019 Rav 4 - delivery - lead times - order to delivery

Recommended Posts

On 11/26/2019 at 8:08 AM, MrBee said:

Are you 100% sure yours will be a 20.5 model? 

The thread referred to above suggests 20.5 models will not start to be made until January 2020.  Chris ha has had confirmation from his dealer that his will have Apple Carplay for delivery around 20th March - which suggests this would be one of the first 20.5 models.

My delivery is estimated mid/late March and I'm still waiting for the dealer to let me know if it will be a 20.5.

Sorry... I meant a 20 not a 20.5... my mistake.

just been told by my dealer that there is no guarantee on retrofit and that if I want a 20.5 I’ll be paying 800 if not then Ill be getting a 19 in January... which is odd As I was told previously I would be getting a 20.  I have had no update on my order tracker which leads me to believe that they may have had someone with the same spec as me cancel their car.... but what do you think? 

I really want CarPlay and I will be a bit disappointed if you can’t retrofit it... to say the least. Also I don’t get any of the new anti theft jazz... it’s putting me right off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would you consider an ex demo once the 20.5 variants are available, you could then review how it all works and maybe get a slight saving which would off set any price increase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spoke to them again today and they said first 20.5 with Car Play wont land in UK until early March 2020

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, chris ha said:

Spoke to them again today and they said first 20.5 with Car Play wont land in UK until early March 2020

Good to know! I still find it strange that som other peeps have been told that they can get a retrofit... I called 4/5 dealers today in the south and all said they have no idea if this will be possible or not. Looks like I’ll be getting a 19 in January then 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yerpthatsaquiche said:

Good to know! I still find it strange that som other peeps have been told that they can get a retrofit... I called 4/5 dealers today in the south and all said they have no idea if this will be possible or not. Looks like I’ll be getting a 19 in January then 

Based on this post you should get a 20:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well from my limited but exhaustive digging, its not a Hardware upgrade, but a Software one, there will be a change in the firmware then the "OS" I get the distinct impression that theres nothing to change as the chipset installed since from OCT\Nov should support CarPlay once patched to the correct higher level, its a ll a bit smoke and mirrors at the moment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Charging extra for the 20.5 version will be a bit tricky, when I placed my order early at an agreed price, it was Toyota who could not deliver until March, not my fault, they cant meet their side of the deal, they take the hit not me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

... but the contract is with the dealer, not Toyota. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well that obvious, but if the dealer has an agreement with Toyota for sales targets, turnover and as a dealership exclusivity for Toyota, they will be pushed to sell as many as they can... I cant see Toyota then saying "sorry guv, I know we said it was £36k when you took the order but we cant meet that anymore because we have updated the car because we could not deliver, tell your Punter its gone up £800\£500" ......Wont happen,  repricing is illegal under consumer protection act 1986

Its an agreement with the Manufacturers agents ( the Dealership ) which will result in the right for the customer to walk away from the deal, the dealer wont want that so Toyota will take the hit in the few hundred car likely to be affected

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Consumer Protection Act 1986 was an act passed by the Indian Government, so doesn't apply to the UK.

The Consumer Protection Act 1987 deals with consumer rights in relation to defective goods. 

The Consumer Rights Act 2015 consolidated consolidated consumer rights, and replaced the Sale of Goods Act, Unfair Terms in Consumer Contract Regulations, and the Supply of Goods and Services Act. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, chris ha said:

Well from my limited but exhaustive digging, its not a Hardware upgrade, but a Software one, there will be a change in the firmware then the "OS" I get the distinct impression that theres nothing to change as the chipset installed since from OCT\Nov should support CarPlay once patched to the correct higher level, its a ll a bit smoke and mirrors at the moment

That’s what I came to as well but not According to the dealer. I simply think that as I had asked to delay the car a bit before Christmas so that I can see if I can get a 20.5 in March he wanted the pause lifted so told me I’d be getting a 19 anyway and I’d have to pay extra.... I have a feeling of an Ulterior motive... call it paranoia but I always feel suspicious when buying a car. You negotiate on the price and before you know it the manager of the dealership is there!... walk away from that and the next thing you know they are on the phone to The CEO of Toyota, the inventor of the wheel, Jimmeny Cricket, ***** van !Removed! and ruby wax. You then get this is the best price anyone will ever get you... does anyone have a dealership they actually can trust and believe in the south? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ordered my 2WD Dynamic in May. Just been told its in build with a delivery to dealership in mid January. 

However if build is complete before Xmas shutdown it may arrive sooner.

Anybody know how long shipping takes from Japan?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Yerpthatsaquiche said:

That’s what I came to as well but not According to the dealer. I simply think that as I had asked to delay the car a bit before Christmas so that I can see if I can get a 20.5 in March he wanted the pause lifted so told me I’d be getting a 19 anyway and I’d have to pay extra.... I have a feeling of an Ulterior motive... call it paranoia but I always feel suspicious when buying a car. You negotiate on the price and before you know it the manager of the dealership is there!... walk away from that and the next thing you know they are on the phone to The CEO of Toyota, the inventor of the wheel, Jimmeny Cricket, ***** van !Removed! and ruby wax. You then get this is the best price anyone will ever get you... does anyone have a dealership they actually can trust and believe in the south? 

 

Toyota needs the dealers as much as the dealers need Toyota, when I ordered mine, there was a lot of phone calls since I was insistent on Car Play, without it I was going to walk, so was the wife with her CH-R order, I need the ability to use Webex ( a Phone conferencing facility ) whilst driving, its a App on Android  or Apple, otherwise I would have to stop the car and dial in, use conference access codes etc etc,

Over the 2 hours of back and fore calls it was finally agreed that March would have it as standard, its in writing, and this was before any announcements,

Toyota are lucky in that they sell all they make but once the 2020 is out, no one would want a 2019 without a decent discount.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SEH said:

Ordered my 2WD Dynamic in May. Just been told its in build with a delivery to dealership in mid January. 

However if build is complete before Xmas shutdown it may arrive sooner.

Anybody know how long shipping takes from Japan?

Hello! So I’ve been banging on about all the my20 stuff... turns out that my car is already being shipped which explains why I’m getting a 19.... anyway. I ordered my 2wd excell in May and I have now found out from the dealer that it is at sea and should be here on the 13th of Jan!... so ask yer dealer as the track my Toyota thing they send you is as useful as a sharpened mango! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What you have said, Chris ha, is concerning me.... but maybe I read it wrong.

You said “I need the ability to use WebEx (a phone conferencing facility) whilst driving”.   Now, phone conferencing to me means meetings, and my experience of meetings mean concentration and potentially giving thoughtful, meaningful answers, as well as potentially asking questions.
There lies my problem, if I read it right.  Driving needs full attention, especially on today’s ever busy roads. How can one apply full concentration to driving whilst engaged in a phone conference?      What is the legal situation?  And what about consideration for other road users, or even oneself?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Catlover said:

What you have said, Chris ha, is concerning me.... but maybe I read it wrong.

You said “I need the ability to use WebEx (a phone conferencing facility) whilst driving”.   Now, phone conferencing to me means meetings, and my experience of meetings mean concentration and potentially giving thoughtful, meaningful answers, as well as potentially asking questions.
There lies my problem, if I read it right.  Driving needs full attention, especially on today’s ever busy roads. How can one apply full concentration to driving whilst engaged in a phone conference?      What is the legal situation?  And what about consideration for other road users, or even oneself?

Don’t want to speak for the chap but... I think in my opinion that this is no different from a hands free call.... sure it’s distracting but it is all legal at the moment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Yerpthatsaquiche said:

Don’t want to speak for the chap but... I think in my opinion that this is no different from a hands free call.... sure it’s distracting but it is all legal at the moment. 

Oh and also you can dial into a webex using a your phone so in theory you don’t tmneeeeed the app... although more convenient 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, chris ha said:

 I need the ability to use Webex ( a Phone conferencing facility ) whilst driving, its a App on Android  or Apple, otherwise I would have to stop the car and dial in, use conference access codes etc etc,

 

Have you confirmed the Webex App works with AA & Carplay as both Apple carplay or AA are not screen mirroring functions and both restrict access to Apps, in other words just because your phone has an app installed there is no guarantee it will appear on Carplay/AA on the display.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, chris ha said:

The Charging extra for the 20.5 version will be a bit tricky, when I placed my order early at an agreed price, it was Toyota who could not deliver until March, not my fault, they cant meet their side of the deal, they take the hit not me

If your order was accepted by Toyota before 30/09/19 then you are protected against the general price increase but not for the Spec update for AA/Carplay nor any changes in VED ( Road tax ). Your dealer should have told you about this and its between you and the dealer as to who is going to cover the cost of AA/Carplay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Webex is supported on carplay, its a Cisco app, but also it records conf calls for legal reasons,

Devon Aygo.. you are price protected but since Toyota wont have any 2019 models left, anything manufactured after end of december 2019 will be a 2020 model so even if you ordered in early september they are going to have to give you a 2020

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Devon Aygo said:

If your order was accepted by Toyota before 30/09/19 then you are protected against the general price increase but not for the Spec update for AA/Carplay nor any changes in VED ( Road tax ). Your dealer should have told you about this and its between you and the dealer as to who is going to cover the cost of AA/Carplay

Hi Devon Aygo 

Thanks for your great information, but I am a bit confused. In your famous post in the car play thread you said :

"RAV4 MY20.5 Spec Changes from January 20 production

Apple Car Play, Android Auto and Over-the-air map updates.

• Introduction of MM19 and therefore Apple Car Play, Android Auto and Over-the-air map updates.

Orders placed/accepted before 30th Sept will be price protected for specification upgrade costs, orders after 30th Sept will incur cost increase £ TBC."

So, as I ordered 26th September and my car arrives March as a 20.5 with car play, will I get charged extra? 

Thanks 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Folks,

I'm due to take delivery of a 2019 Rav4, Excel 2wd with Panoramic Roof in Decuma Grey on Thu 5th Dec. 

Order was placed May 15th, original delivery was for early November.  In July that went back to Mid Jan 2020 and then in October the delivery date was brought forward to 5th December and since confirmed. 

It's a 3 year contract hire through a broker, fulfilled by my local Toyota dealer in York. 

I'm getting a bit excited. 

Anyway, first post although I've been reading the posts on this forum for a few months now. 

Best regards and thank you to all members who've posted such useful info

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi I have a delivery date to the dealer of the 17th February for my rav4 but it’s still showing order processing on my Toyota can anyone tell me when I should see my Toyota change to build in progress?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, York Russ said:

Hi Folks,

I'm due to take delivery of a 2019 Rav4, Excel 2wd with Panoramic Roof in Decuma Grey on Thu 5th Dec. 

Order was placed May 15th, original delivery was for early November.  In July that went back to Mid Jan 2020 and then in October the delivery date was brought forward to 5th December and since confirmed. 

It's a 3 year contract hire through a broker, fulfilled by my local Toyota dealer in York. 

I'm getting a bit excited. 

Anyway, first post although I've been reading the posts on this forum for a few months now. 

Best regards and thank you to all members who've posted such useful info

Welcome, and congratulations on your forthcoming arrival 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Teresap said:

Hi I have a delivery date to the dealer of the 17th February for my rav4 but it’s still showing order processing on my Toyota can anyone tell me when I should see my Toyota change to build in progress?

You're lucky that you can even see 'processing'.  Still waiting to be able to see mine at all on My Toyota - oh well, it's only 9 weeks since I ordered so cannot expect miricles 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...