Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 Rav 4 - delivery - lead times - order to delivery

AdrianRot

Does anyone have beige leather interior or seen it in the flesh?

I did ask the person who put pictures up on here of theirs in Tokyo Red with beige leather, but they have never come back to answer.

I have gone for beige leather on my Decuma grey AWD Excel - with a date of 11th March delivery, but online and in photo's they look either yellow, beige or pale stone colour. Anyone seen them in the actual flesh and know which of these three colours they actually ARE please?

Just now, LorrieG said:

Does anyone have beige leather interior or seen it in the flesh?...

Yep, mine is white on the outside and beige on the inside.  I love it, and would describe it as, well, beige!  The attached pic from Toyota's website configurator (at the time I ordered mine) shows the colour fairly accurately - at least on my screen.

I hate cars that are all black inside, and I'm pleased mine has the light grey headlining too.  I'll be inside a totally dark coffin soon enough, I don't need the practice a few hours a day in the meantime.

That said, I do wish they offered nice rich colours, like the cars in the 1970s and 80s.  A Vauxhall Nova I bought in 1984 had a luxurious rust-coloured interior (see other pic) that attracted admiration from virtually everyone who got in it, both male and female, young and old.  The seats and door trims were a sort of ribbed velour that felt luxurious too.  It stayed in the family for 14 years and was then sold with 93k miles on the clock for 10% of what I paid for it new.  I wish I could get an interior like that now.

RAV4 (5).jpg

img001 07 Jul 85 Car - Nova.jpg

I picked up a 2019 RAV4 before Xmas but wasn’t happy about 5-9 month wait so bought the demonstrator. I have the light grey interior which looks great as I didn’t want black interior but haven’t seen any others in that colour.  The car is an Excel in metallic red with JBL and PVM. So far I am very impressed with car from a driving point of view and economy is excellent. I had a diesel MAZDA CX5 before, which I liked but it seems that diesel will probably die out in the next few years except perhaps for the premium cars, and as mine was over 6 years old I decided that if I didn’t replace it soon it wouldn’t be worth much as a p/x.

This site looks good so will have a read through topics.

4 hours ago, PeteB said:

Yep, mine is white on the outside and beige on the inside.  I love it, and would describe it as, well, beige!  The attached pic from Toyota's website configurator (at the time I ordered mine) shows the colour fairly accurately - at least on my screen.

I hate cars that are all black inside, and I'm pleased mine has the light grey headlining too.  I'll be inside a totally dark coffin soon enough, I don't need the practice a few hours a day in the meantime.

That said, I do wish they offered nice rich colours, like the cars in the 1970s and 80s.  A Vauxhall Nova I bought in 1984 had a luxurious rust-coloured interior (see other pic) that attracted admiration from virtually everyone who got in it, both male and female, young and old.  The seats and door trims were a sort of ribbed velour that felt luxurious too.  It stayed in the family for 14 years and was then sold with 93k miles on the clock for 10% of what I paid for it new.  I wish I could get an interior like that now.

RAV4 (5).jpg

That was the annoying thing about the trim levels, I think the beige is only available in the Excel, and I wanted the Dynamic, which didnt come with choice of seats at all as they were defined in the spec... Still, I did go for the moonroof, so at least when the cover is back there is a lot more light coming in... The accent stitching gives it a bit more interest too, I guess.

I think also that if you have the panoramic roof you don’t get a space saver spare, only a can of jollop. 

Just now, ROCKETRON said:

I think also that if you have the panoramic roof you don’t get a space saver spare, only a can of jollop. 

Correct.

7 hours ago, PeteB said:

RAV4 (5).jpg

Thanks for that Pete. I must say, I'm glad it's the slightly darker colour as too pale would worry me how dirty it might get on wet days :) Looks lovely and I had no idea it came with grey rather than black. Another bonus. Thanks for quick reply. Enjoy your new car and yes, I agree about colours and your old one looked gorgeous!

1 hour ago, ROCKETRON said:

True, but it does mean you get a load of extra space to chuck all your usual boot junk, warning triangle, ice scraper, gloves, washer juice etc. 

Mine is Currently "at Sea"  and shows up on the system as a 20.5

So the dealer was correct all along, I have trawled everywhere but does anyone know the ships name???

Probably not the correct ship, but mine arrived at the end of December on the Sirius Highway.

26 minutes ago, chris ha said:

Mine is Currently "at Sea"  and shows up on the system as a 20.5

Excellent news. When you say "shows up on the system", what system are you referring to? 

I think your dealer is a lot more on the ball than mine. Mine is at the dealership, but they still do not know if it's my19 or 20

My dealer said ours is a MY19 but we have the sound generator thing which I thought was MY20/MY20.5

even got my VIN!

33 minutes ago, Zoot2 said:

Probably not the correct ship, but mine arrived at the end of December on the Sirius Highway.

Ah cant be that one its coming from the US to germany

7 minutes ago, MrBee said:

I think your dealer is a lot more on the ball than mine. Mine is at the dealership, but they still do not know if it's my19 or 20

they should if they look on the ordering system, I was ther today and it took them 2 minutes

For those looking forward to their new cars, here is a recent review (out today).  Interestingly (for me at least!) the same colour and spec as mine.

The funny thing is that the reviewer thinks it's a Dynamic, but it's actually an Excel (at least the pictures are anyway!).  And they have got a couple of other details wrong.

Apart from that, all good 🤣

https://www.pocket-lint.com/cars/reviews/toyota/150742-toyota-rav4-review

• Like 2

hi , i have just ordered my new company car today although it is only a Rav4 Design 2wd in Decuma grey but do not have an expected delivery date , roughly how long should i expect to wait , my local dealer reckons 4-5 months , does this sound right .?

Mike

Mike, your dealer maybe being a little optimistic? I ordered a RAV4 Design 2wd back in July, and I understand that I can collect it on the 23rd March. So about 8 months for me.

6 minutes ago, Jackman05 said:

Mike, your dealer maybe being a little optimistic? I ordered a RAV4 Design 2wd back in July, and I understand that I can collect it on the 23rd March. So about 8 months for me.

that's exactly (8months) what he told me when i test drove one a few months ago  , but when i called in the other day he quoted 4-5 months. fingers crossed.

2 hours ago, Hawksy said:

that's exactly (8months) what he told me when i test drove one a few months ago  , but when i called in the other day he quoted 4-5 months. fingers crossed.

I ordered mine 1st October delivery mid march but for some reason 4WD are coming through quicker than 2wd

59 minutes ago, chris ha said:

I ordered mine 1st October delivery mid march but for some reason 4WD are coming through quicker than 2wd

I'd heard that, 

4 hours ago, Hawksy said:

hi , i have just ordered my new company car today although it is only a Rav4 Design 2wd in Decuma grey but do not have an expected delivery date , roughly how long should i expect to wait , my local dealer reckons 4-5 months , does this sound right .?

Mike

Me and a work colleague both ordered a Icon nav's FWD on 30th of of August and was told June 2020. We have now been given a date of the 20th of April and Confirmed they come with Apple car play.

You need to speak with the dealer your lease company appointed and ask for a build slot date.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, griff279 said:

Me and a work colleague both ordered a Icon nav's FWD on 30th of of August and was told June 2020. We have now been given a date of the 20th of April and Confirmed they come with Apple car play.

You need to speak with the dealer your lease company appointed and ask for a build slot date.

I ordered September 11th, delivered Jan 27th. Company lease vehicle, and it was AWD if that makes a difference....