Sign in to follow this  
AdrianRot

2019 Rav 4 - delivery - lead times - order to delivery

Recommended Posts

i finally received the new figures via fleet for Toyota RAV4 hybrid 20? It is 131g. so that massive jump in CO2 and our fleet is rejecting in orders after April as BIK will go up dramatically, that is a jump from £300 a month to £450 a month! On tax. Better off considering other options in my opinion unless you can squeeze a delivery before April, then again if we plan to save the planet worth going for a small car and take trains, gone the days of company cars as a perk!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The RAV4 at 131 co2 is still lower than most cars in this class. They will all go up in April with the new standard WLTP. I read somewhere that the new crv hybrid is around 170. I suspect that companies will perhaps raise the co2 allowance for company cars as it won’t be possible to get usual company cars in the current allowance after April

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Aside from the fact they don't need to.

Maybe not but its hardy fair on us folks who have to drive a company car and are about to order a replacement, but have no idea how much BIK tax we will have to pay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My company has lowered the threshold to 120g so no RAV4 as an option. They have to illustrate that they are contributing to reduce their carbon print whilst saving cost at same too. As much as I love SUVs or estates and saloons, most of us will have to revert to smaller electric cars in the future. Nissan Leaf here we come!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, LouisRav4 life said:

My company has lowered the threshold to 120g so no RAV4 as an option. They have to illustrate that they are contributing to reduce their carbon print whilst saving cost at same too. As much as I love SUVs or estates and saloons, most of us will have to revert to smaller electric cars in the future. Nissan Leaf here we come!

I need at least an estate to do my job and this is the first time we have been offered anything other than an estate so was looking forward to a Rav 4 ( a couple of others on the list but they are already have high BIK rates), I doubt our fleet management is even aware of whats happening

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know not many full Evs have the space but they pay 0%BIK from April, if ultimate range is not an issue, plug in hybrids offer low BIK as well skoda superb  plug in  only 32g/km

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jukie said:

I doubt our fleet management is even aware of whats happening

Two years ago the use of NEDC figures for VED and company car tax until 2020 was announced and there would be changes from April 2020. So if they aren't aware of the change, they haven't been acting responsibly to their company or their drivers. Eg  https://fleetworld.co.uk/budget-announcement-on-wltp-brings-stability-but-bik-will-still-imminently-rise/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

fleet in most companies are only interested in saving company money so once they feel finance burden they will continue transferring the cost to their workforce. What’s intriguing in this case, Toyota still advertising the low CO2 despite knowing that they can not deliver any existing RAV4 orders before April so they should just put the new figures and be honest. Another tactic to maximise sales and mislead buyers. The whole system needs better transparency. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As has been said previously, manufacturers are prevented from using the new figures until the VED rates for 2020/21 are confirmed by Government.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Manufacturer's CO2 figures were often as misleadingly optimistic as their MPG figures, welcome to the real World. When I was entitled to a company car several years ago, I chose a car allowance instead which saved me money while I drove a better car than my colleagues (I had a Volvo S60 2.4T automatic while they had a VW Golf GTD manual) - MPG didn't matter as I still had a fuel card.

If it's soon the end of the company car as we now it, I'll be glad to see less tailgating lunatics in their Audis and BMWs. Owner-drivers take a lot more care.

Back to the subject... I've just been offered £31,000 cash for my RAV4 Excel AWD with under 2,000 miles. I'm seriously considering it as it could mean that I've had a "free" car since 01SEP - more-or-less. I'm semi-retired anyway, will cycle more when the weather improves and happy to wait for the new plug-in.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Woohoo, my new company car will be ready for collection on Monday. Excel in Blue with JBL and the silly camera thing. In before the BIK change so lucky there for now.  I ordered with my lease company in June, but it took until first week of August for the order to be placed for some reason, it has been quite a long wait.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Phill111 said:

Woohoo, my new company car will be ready for collection on Monday. Excel in Blue with JBL and the silly camera thing. In before the BIK change so lucky there for now.  I ordered with my lease company in June, but it took until first week of August for the order to be placed for some reason, it has been quite a long wait.

Congratulations. Let me know what you think of the JBL. 

Looking forward to mine too - picking up a week Sunday 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, MrBee said:

Congratulations. Let me know what you think of the JBL. 

Looking forward to mine too - picking up a week Sunday 😁

I had one on demo for a week back in June. Going from my 2017 RAV4 to the JBL there was a very noticeable improvement in sound quality, There were a few niggles with the Infotainment system, such as it always defaulting to the home page but other than that it is not much different to my outgoing model. I still mourn the loss of google search but hopefully the upgrade to Apple Car Play soon will stop me moaning about that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Phill111 said:

I had one on demo for a week back in June. Going from my 2017 RAV4 to the JBL there was a very noticeable improvement in sound quality, There were a few niggles with the Infotainment system, such as it always defaulting to the home page but other than that it is not much different to my outgoing model. I still mourn the loss of google search but hopefully the upgrade to Apple Car Play soon will stop me moaning about that.

 

Apple car play will be awesome, but for info if you set your phone up as a hotspot for the car, you can use google search with the in car satnav already (works with standard search and POI as well as getting fuel prices, nearest parking, speed camera updates etc. Also enables google street view for destination etc.

I still have had no luck with estore and downloading any apps, but the tech guru at my local Toyota is going to a training exercise next week where they will apparently cover all the Toyota connected tech updates, so hopefully will get some insight after that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, NJHUK said:

Apple car play will be awesome, but for info if you set your phone up as a hotspot for the car, you can use google search with the in car satnav already (works with standard search and POI as well as getting fuel prices, nearest parking, speed camera updates etc. Also enables google street view for destination etc.

I still have had no luck with estore and downloading any apps, but the tech guru at my local Toyota is going to a training exercise next week where they will apparently cover all the Toyota connected tech updates, so hopefully will get some insight after that.

Google search in my car was dropped some time back (2017 RAV4 Hybrid Excel) and replaced with TomTom search which is frankly cack. If I search for a POI so far it has failed to find anything, before however it could find almost everything.

I wrote to Toyota support and they responded the feature was dropped as not enough people were using it. Google street view still works but not a lot of use if I cannot find somewhere in the first place. If it works on the new car I will be happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Phill111 said:

Google search in my car was dropped some time back (2017 RAV4 Hybrid Excel) and replaced with TomTom search which is frankly cack. If I search for a POI so far it has failed to find anything, before however it could find almost everything.

I wrote to Toyota support and they responded the feature was dropped as not enough people were using it. Google street view still works but not a lot of use if I cannot find somewhere in the first place. If it works on the new car I will be happy.

I don’t know about the older revisions of the Rav 4, this one is my first,  but when I search using the in car satnav, I get an additional option when tethered to my phone that says ‘search with google’ but this may depend on all sorts of variants in the spec, I guess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, NJHUK said:

I don’t know about the older revisions of the Rav 4, this one is my first,  but when I search using the in car satnav, I get an additional option when tethered to my phone that says ‘search with google’ but this may depend on all sorts of variants in the spec, I guess. 

I certainly hope it has returned. I found that to be the most useful thing on the built in sat nav as it finds everything. When it vanished on the older model last year I was really miffed,TomTom search is blooming useless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Counting the days now to the Delivery on the 2nd March for my RAV4. Been a long wait ordered in May on company scheme  and arrived at the dealers last week. No idea if it has Android Auto/Apple Car play. I think I lot of RAV4's have been ordered through Inchcape for our company.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just been told my 20.5 AWD with CarPlay etc is due for delivery to the dealer 2nd week of march, as was promised last October

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BigR1ch said:

Counting the days now to the Delivery on the 2nd March for my RAV4. Been a long wait ordered in May on company scheme  and arrived at the dealers last week. No idea if it has Android Auto/Apple Car play. I think I lot of RAV4's have been ordered through Inchcape for our company.

My bitter experience through Leaseplan was their Bulk buy policy, it was never individual orders, they would wait until they had reach a threshold then go to dealers with the specs and order them, even if they were existing stock, it meany my Mercedes SLK was delivered from Newcastle to Shrop****e and my Alfa Romeo came from Northampton.

 

Hopefully it will have Carplay, but the ship is due to dock 1st march and there is usually a delay of 2 weeks to get them out to dealers, checks etc etc so it will interesting to see what spec yours is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, chris ha said:

My bitter experience through Leaseplan was their Bulk buy policy, it was never individual orders, they would wait until they had reach a threshold then go to dealers with the specs and order them, even if they were existing stock, it meany my Mercedes SLK was delivered from Newcastle to Shrop****e and my Alfa Romeo came from Northampton.

 

Hopefully it will have Carplay, but the ship is due to dock 1st march and there is usually a delay of 2 weeks to get them out to dealers, checks etc etc so it will interesting to see what spec yours is

I’ll bet mine does not have Airplay, I will find out Monday. By May it will probably be due a service so if available I will get the upgrade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/18/2020 at 8:04 PM, NJHUK said:

I still have had no luck with estore and downloading any apps, but the tech guru at my local Toyota is going to a training exercise next week where they will apparently cover all the Toyota connected tech updates, so hopefully will get some insight after that.

From what I've managed to glean from conversation with guys in the Technical dept Toyota were working on their own Smart phone integration called SmartDeviceLink see Here to offer rather than Apple Carplay / Android auto, Estore was to be the method by which the apps were installed and the car communicated back to Toyota, this was all because Toyota where uneasy in handing over details, analytics etc from the largest motor manufacturer in the world to Google/Apple potential competitors however these issues appear to have been overcome and Carplay/AA is now being introduced so Apps will be provided via these platforms, however the car still needs the Estore software to integrate with MyT 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/19/2020 at 2:26 PM, chris ha said:

My bitter experience through Leaseplan was their Bulk buy policy, it was never individual orders, they would wait until they had reach a threshold then go to dealers with the specs and order them, even if they were existing stock, it meany my Mercedes SLK was delivered from Newcastle to Shrop****e and my Alfa Romeo came from Northampton.

Hopefully it will have Carplay, but the ship is due to dock 1st march and there is usually a delay of 2 weeks to get them out to dealers, checks etc etc so it will interesting to see what spec yours is

Hi Chris, Mines and Icon Nav in White. Its been with the dealer since the end of January, I've held off for delivery to March for the new plate. I have the Reg of DU20xxx so based on that it can only be in Wrexham or Shrewsbury. Only spoken with Inchape so will be a surprise when it arrives if it has Apple Carplay / Android Auto.

I have to agree with you all my previous vehicles with LEX have come from Hertfordshire, and transportered to Shropshire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BigR1ch said:

Hi Chris, Mines and Icon Nav in White. Its been with the dealer since the end of January, I've held off for delivery to March for the new plate. I have the Reg of DU20xxx so based on that it can only be in Wrexham or Shrewsbury. Only spoken with Inchape so will be a surprise when it arrives if it has Apple Carplay / Android Auto.

I have to agree with you all my previous vehicles with LEX have come from Hertfordshire, and transportered to Shropshire

Think there is 2 Toyota dealers in Shrewsbury, oddly enough I spoke to someone today who took deliveries of several Audis from leaseplan delivered to 5 different offices throughout the Uk and they all had consecutive Reg Plates, all from a dealer in Portsmouth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Leaseplan often used a Swindon based dealer. Glad we don’t use leaseplan anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this