Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 Rav 4 - delivery - lead times - order to delivery

AdrianRot

Hi Ashley, 
Did you test drive the 2WD before ordering, if so how does the AWD compare ?
Yes I test drove the 2wd 1st before ordering the awd as nobody in the UK had a 4wd Hybrid available to test drive at the time.

It's quicker off the mark.

Other than that if you drive it hard enough on the road, it's got the added benefit of rear wheel drive.

Also ours will be off roading occasionally and we live about 1000ft above sea level and get a decent wedge of snow.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

That sounds positive, may come quicker than expected. 

• Like 1

ordered a 2 wd excel in early March for June/July . Car got put back till October changed to Excel awd cars due early August 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, marlinleg said:
ordered a 2 wd excel in early March for June/July . Car got put back till October changed to Excel awd cars due early August 

The extra cost of the 4wd must be making the 2wd more popular at the moment possibly

Perhaps there are dealers who's about to sell their Showroom RAV4 s ?

On 5/8/2019 at 10:31 PM, daiashthomas said:

An educated guess would tell me the Canada plant is building LHD market Vehicles, which is why they have different specifications and extras we can't even specify.

Its down to the importing organisation, in the UK's case Toyota GB, to decide on the specs of vehicles they sell.

On 5/8/2019 at 11:43 PM, PeteB said:

From what that manual says, there is another way, but again, probably not practical - buy one in a non-EU (and non-UK) country

Though you would lose the five year/100,000 miles new car warranty, and revert to the standard Europe 3 year/60,000 miles new car warranty.

I agree it’s all well and good going on about what other country’s  spec is,but you will know what spec you are getting when you order I am happy to have the 5 year warranty . I only wish they would include heated seats as an option on all models I am only getting the Excel because it has heated front seats 

• Like 1

I agree it’s all well and good going on about what other country’s  spec is,but you will know what spec you are getting when you order I am happy to have the 5 year warranty . I only wish they would include heated seats as an option on all models I am only getting the Excel because it has heated front seats 
Excel is the perfect choice, it has the best specification out of the range.
Only thing I would've liked would be the wireless phone charging pad like the other countries have.
Guess I'll have to retro fit something.
I'll pull the little tray out and see how thick the plastic is and maybe hide a charging pad underneath it.

I purchased a spare iPhone Apple certified cable I just leave in my current car out of sight when I leave the car 

Apple certified cable are a quarter of the cost but made to Apple spec .

Is there any disadvantages if you buy a Showroom car ( if the colour,model and trimlevel suits you anyway) ?

Does, for exampel, the new car guarantee/warranty starts to run the day the Dealer gets the car?

The new car warranty starts when the car is first registered for use on the road. 

Most showroom cars aren't registered. Demonstrators are.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, daiashthomas said:

...I would've liked would be the wireless phone charging pad like the other countries have...

I bought one of these and it worked fine on the little mat in front of the gear selector on my 2nd test drive.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Juice-Power-Puck-Wireless-5W-Phone-Charger-White-ONLY-10-99/123756638804?epid=25026022590&hash=item1cd0787254:g:W3YAAOSwMtJczp0j

I do feel that Toyota UK are rather pathetic in what they deem worthy of UK customers - my 2016 Excel Prius had a wireless charger, so why doesn't a 2019 RAV4 that's higher up Toyota's price range?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, HSDish said:

Is there any disadvantages if you buy a Showroom car ( if the colour,model and trimlevel suits you anyway) ?

Does, for exampel, the new car guarantee/warranty starts to run the day the Dealer gets the car?

I bought a showroom Yaris a few years back, date it was registered is when the warranty started, came as a top spec model with some of the protection packs fitted, I only paid for the model it was the protection packs fitted were free. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, marlinleg said:

I agree it’s all well and good going on about what other country’s  spec is,but you will know what spec you are getting when you order I am happy to have the 5 year warranty...

I like the 5 year warranty too; the missing 2 years would grate big time if I'd bought a Lexus - which I came close to twice - once for the £43k NX Hybrid, and once for a £63k RX Hybrid - both were missing at least one thing that I wasn't prepared to compromise on, and would cost around £600 extra for white paint!

I do find it hard to understand why with Toyota we don't even get the option at extra cost of some very useful, often safety related features other countries get - after all, many of us are having to wait for our cars to be built in Japan, how hard would it be to have a few more chargeable options?  Although arguably, many of these should be standard on the Excel, given the price.

If they'd offer a pack for say £2,000 to include these things that are all mentioned in the manual, I'd have been very happy to pay it:

• heated front windscreen
  • heated washer nozzles
  • camera-based rear view mirror (not affected by the thick rear pillars, tall passengers or high luggage loads)
  • ventilated front seats (with 3-stage heating, rather than the 2-stage we get)
  • heated rear seats
  • hands free boot opening by waving foot under rear bumper

Not worried about the paddles shifters, as I will hardly ever use S (Shift) mode.

Someone said Toyota UK don't want to take sales from Lexus, I hadn't even considered looking at the Honda C-RV Hybrid and others until I realised just how many of the features I've been seeing on American YouTube reports are missing on UK spec cars.  It did make me angry enough to look hard for another brand that met my requirements (only selling my Prius because its low body has started disagreeing with my hips, otherwise I'd have kept it until I stop driving).

However, I particularly wanted a Hybrid that drives like the Prius, has a spare wheel, with as much of the kit I value as possible and was higher off the ground.  The choice became limited as some Hybrids and Plug-in Hybrids had no spare wheel and/or dual clutch-based gears.  Another big factor is the reliability I've had in over 310,000 miles in Toyota Hybrids over the last 17 years and the fantastic service from my Norwich dealer.

I love the smooth, generally quiet gearless progress in Toyota Hybrids, and the mechanical simplicity of the planetary drive that links the petrol engine, main Motor/Generator and wheels.  But I'm very unhappy the RAV4 doesn't have the Head Up Display the Prius has had for 10 years.

36 minutes ago, Sidrat said:

I bought a showroom Yaris a few years back, date it was registered is when the warranty started, came as a top spec model with some of the protection packs fitted, I only paid for the model it was the protection packs fitted were free. 

Three of my Prius have been ex-demonstrators, and I've had no problems with any of them.  My 2nd Mk1 Prius was 6 months old with 8,200 on the clock when I got it, I sold it 9 years later with 163,000 on the clock, still running beautifully.

• Thanks 1

I totally agree but whilst we all complain on the forum Toyota won’t do anything we all like there cars but the only way they will listen is for members to email and give them our preferred options.   I emailed Toyota uk  they didn’t answer at all, but a couple of days later me dealership rang me saying  Toyota had been in touch . so they must monitor the forums. Anyway I am really looking forward to my new rav4 12/8/19 it’s been 5 years since I owned a petrol car 

I bought one of these and it worked fine on the little mat in front of the gear selector on my 2nd test drive.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Juice-Power-Puck-Wireless-5W-Phone-Charger-White-ONLY-10-99/123756638804?epid=25026022590&hash=item1cd0787254:g:W3YAAOSwMtJczp0j
I do feel that Toyota UK are rather pathetic in what they deem worthy of UK customers - my 2016 Excel Prius had a wireless charger, so why doesn't a 2019 RAV4 that's higher up Toyota's price range?
Pulled my new Rav4 2019 apart to hide the cable back to the centre console, and noticed an unused White Molex connector, which I think may be for the wireless charging pad that isn't an option in the UK.
After grub I'm gonna test the voltages on it and retrofit a USB wireless charging pad to to the underside of the rubber mat/tray as it's really quite thin material. 20190512_181314.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, daiashthomas said:

Pulled my new Rav4 2019 apart to hide the cable back to the centre console, and noticed an unused White Molex connector, which I think may be for the wireless charging pad that isn't an option in the UK...

Hmm, interesting.  I may show that to my service manager and see if he can  order the proper part.

• Like 1

Hmm, interesting.  I may show that to my service manager and see if he can  order the proper part.
From Europe, or USA? [emoji23]

9 minutes ago, marlinleg said:

I totally agree but whilst we all complain on the forum Toyota won’t do anything we all like there cars but the only way they will listen is for members to email and give them our preferred options.   I emailed Toyota uk  they didn’t answer at all, but a couple of days later me dealership rang me saying  Toyota had been in touch . so they must monitor the forums. Anyway I am really looking forward to my new rav4 12/8/19 it’s been 5 years since I owned a petrol car 

Toyota Owners Club is not associated with Toyota, and they won't respond to any queries raised on the Club.

However, as you say you e-mailed Toyota GB, the subsequent contact with your dealer from Toyota GB, would have been as a result of your e-mail.

Just now, daiashthomas said:

From Europe, or USA? emoji23.png

Don't care! 😉

When I had my first Mk 1 Prius in 2002 none was supplied in the UK with cruise control.

Then I saw an article on a US site showing how to fit the stalk and replacement brake light switch (which had an extra terminal to cancel CC when the brake pedal was pressed).

They quoted the part numbers and my dealer used them to order through the normal channels.  A few days later I had CC.

Whilst mighty pleased with it, I was very miffed that I'd done 10,000 miles in a car that already had a fully installed and working CC system bar the switches! At retail cost including labour and vat it came to £160, so the cost of making it  standard would have been tiny, especially bearing in mind the original brake light switch would not have been needed.

• Like 1

Don't care! [emoji6]
When I had my first Mk 1 Prius in 2002 none was supplied in the UK with cruise control.
Then I saw an article on a US site showing how to fit the stalk and replacement brake light switch (which had an extra terminal to cancel CC when the brake pedal was pressed).
They quoted the part numbers and my dealer used them to order through the normal channels.  A few days later I had CC.
Whilst mighty pleased with it, I was very miffed that I'd done 10,000 miles in a car that already had a fully installed and working CC system bar the switches! At retail cost including labour and vat it came to £160, so the cost of making it  standard would have been tiny, especially bearing in mind the original brake light switch would not have been needed.
Might send this pic to my dealer to see if they can get the part too then [emoji23]
1st thing he'll be thinking is, why is he pulling apart a car that's only a week old and cost 36k [emoji23]

Got to wait a month for mudflaps though. So can't see the factory fit QI charger coming anytime soon [emoji23]

4 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Toyota Owners Club is not associated with Toyota, and they won't respond to any queries raised on the Club.

However, as you say you e-mailed Toyota GB, the subsequent contact with your dealer from Toyota GB, would have been as a result of your e-mail.

I'd be astonished if they weren't aware of discussions though.  Many moons ago a former employee of Toyota UK told members of another group he'd seen copies of a synopsis of activity on various chat groups provided by a marketing consultancy retained by Toyota.

• Like 1

Don't care! [emoji6]
https://parts.toyota.com/a/Toyota_2019_RAV4-VIN-JTMY1RFV-25L-AT/75701208__7612468/TELEPHONE--MAYDAY/662450-8615.html

USA toyota parts pages are amazing and well up to date!!!

Yes, they may be aware of discussions (at least some of the time as there are various forums and clubs out there), but they won't respond unless contacted directly.