Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis 07 Radio Problem

Stevejef

Hi

I hope I've posted this in the right place.

I have an Avensis TR '07 with a B9010 radio/sat nav unit fitted. I managed to flatten the Battery on the car two weeks ago and had to get a jump start which has now locked out the radio with the error message 'A program cannot be read. plrase consult to a dealer.

Previous posts on here have pointed to the unit needing a satnav disc to reboot the system. I bought a new one, that didn't work. I've tried a wet cleaner disc to clean the laser, that didnt help. 

Can anyone help me get this radio to work, only engine noise to listen to is getting boring.

Thanks

Steve.

20190428_123236_HDR.jpg

Welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Moved to the Avensis club.

Try disconnecting the Battery for ten minutes before popping in the satnav DVD disc.

Otherwise known as: "Have you tried turning it off and back on again?" 😉

If it hasn't been off since the jumpstart, then it could just be a little bit scrambled in which case a good power down can usually put it to rights. Don't start the engine until the satnav has updated, just turn the key on. No guarantees, but it often helps.

Thanks for that Paul but I've tried that already.....several times☹️.

S.

Mine has pretty much given up reading the satnav DVDs, but the music is fine when I press the Audio button. 😞

It came with a copy disc when I bought it, so I got one which appears to be genuine on eBay. Unfortunately that rarely ever reads. Both are bad in my PC but fine in the laptop. Maybe a problem with the DVD drive in the satnav and a cleaner didn't sort it. I'm thinking about an Android unit to replace it. Silly prices for secondhand units.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links