Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Street View Missing

Nobby_Salter

The screen in my 2018 Rav4 has just informed me that Street View feature is no longer available. No notice from Toyota to say that it was terminating it. My question is can there any way I can remove the icon for it?

Also what other app's can be downloaded as I can't find any out there.

Cheers

I confirm that the street view is no longer functioning. 

I would be guessing that it has been removed because either, that the license fee for the street view has not been paid for, or, someone has decided that it could be a distraction to the driver.  Either reason cuts no ice with me. 

Although it would be lame to claim that we purchased the vehicle because of this product feature, My opinion is that it is very disappointing and remiss of Toyota not making this information available. 

Finally, we awaiting the new Dynamic model.  We were given to understand that the Dynamic will include the features of my 2016 Excel.  Accordingly and subject to contract, we will ask for confirmation of this feature before taking delivery.

Thank you.

Regards, Graham  

See the Toyota response in the following topic:

I need to contact Toyota myself as I am not satisfied with their reply.  

1. I doubt that they have the ability to provide a user statistic on what is an embedded application.

2. That aside, why remove something in any event....unless it is costing Toyota a licence fee for instance, which is not an acceptable reason.

3. If it the case that few people are using the fog lights on their vehicle is it now Toyota's policy to remove them or inhibit their use when the vehicle goes in for its service?

4. Is this specific to the UK?  ( I shall make an enquiry of friends in the US)  

Ongoing.......

9 hours ago, G4HFG Graham said:

4. Is this specific to the UK?  ( I shall make an enquiry of friends in the US)  

It would probably be more relevant to check with others in the EU (although I suspect that it is an Europe-wide decision) as Toyta uses a different infotainment system in N. America than Europe (hence why they now have CarPlay available on new cars when not in Europe).

It would.......if I had a friend in the EU with a similar vehicle.  

I don't think Toyota will want to pull that stunt in the USA.  I have paid a deposit for a 2019 Dynamic, but the loss of the deposit in the worst case does not concern me.  It is the principle of the matter.  

Don't forget to use everything in your Toyota daily, because if you don't, Toyota may take it away because of 'low usage'.  Nonsense.  

I will talk with my dealer tomorrow.        

8 minutes ago, G4HFG Graham said:

I don't think Toyota will want to pull that stunt in the USA. 

I have only done some quick Googling but I haven't found anything that says that Entune has/had that facility.

My local Toyota main dealership was not aware that this feature has been pulled and expressed surprise.  

Before responding, they will sign into the demo Dynamic to see if it functions on this new model 

On a different note, we were advised that our Dynamic AWD ordered beginning of March is anticipated to be available by mid-August.

OK, I have heard from someone that is involved with app development (not at Toyota so it is possible that this may not be Toyota's issue) that has recently had a similar issue with their environmental recording apps "the map problem has been caused by Google maps changing its terms of use and asking organisations to pay for using it now, whereas it was free in the past."

I called in to see  my Toyota dealer early May to see if they could solve the problem of Google Street View ending on the 29th April 2019. The technician looked at it and said perhaps if I upgraded my map Street View might return. I did the upgrade problem continued.

Through My Toyota web site I contacted technical assistance and was told that Google Search and Street View had been discontinued because of lack of use and would not be reinstated. The dealership had not been informed about this prior to the stoppage.

I purchased a new RAV4 in November 2018 and the Toyota Brochure categorically states that Google Street View and Google Search would be available for 3 years free of charge.

I have written a letter of complaint to Toyota Head Office and await their reply.

If you have the same problem regarding Google Street View and Google Search I urge you to write to them showing your dissatisfaction.

It may change their decision as they are very aware of customer satisfaction.

Presume you meant you purchased a Rav4 in November 2018, as we're only in May 2019 currently.

The problem with taking the brochure at face value, is that all car brochures (and car manufacturer websites) regardless of manufacturer, have disclaimers to say that specs may change without notice. So relying purely on what a brochure says can be misleading.

For example when we bought our current Hyundai, the brochure said it didn't come with steering headlights, led drl's, and the smart phone holder that plugs into the dashboard. When we collected the car, those three features were included on the car.

Typo yes should read November 2018 thanks for reply.

My local dealer told me that they would register the map on their demo Dynamic and check.  We have been out of the country so we have not received an update.  However we will contact the dealer accordingly.

If this is the case we will not hesitate to provide a written complaint to Toyota UK about the senseless decision to discontinue the street view due to the ‘lack of use’.

I have had a reply from Toyota Customer Services regarding them stopping Google Street View and Google Search. In essence they say

It is important to review and collate valuable comments and this is why they will be forwarding a copy of my letter to the Design Team for consideration. I feel sure that your comments will highlight some important issues and may provide a catalyst for change in the future.

It is worth writing to Customer Care at Toyota UK expressing your disappointment..

We received a telephone call from our local Toyota dealer with whom we have ordered the 2019 Dynamic.  

A week or so ago they indicated that in response to my complaint of the 'Street View' now being unavailable in my 2016 Excell and our further concern that it would be unavailable in the new Dynamic when it arrives in August, they would register the map in the demonstration Dynamic to check.  

The call that we received this afternoon that the Street View IS available in this vehicle.  They indicated that they had to 'register' with Toyota and that they had 'to do some digging' to get it to work.

In summary, they told us that when our Dynamic arrives they will be happy to show us how they set up the Street View upon collection of the vehicle.

• 2 months later...

2019 Rav4 Dynamic, two weeks old, (must change the photo). I confirm that the street view DOES work as it originally did on my Excell. 

Perfect.