Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Service plan

marlinleg

Service plane advice please 

hello  and thank you in advance . I am waiting for my RAV4 Excel awd due 12 August . I will hopefully be keeping for 4 years . Is it worth getting a service plan?

also my dealer asked me do I want to include mot grantee ? What is it and do members take it out  As I say it will be with me for the 4th year  mot 

I usually sell my cars after 2 years and I have always managed to get free servicing with them . Thank you 

One more thing if the tex size is wrong please inform me 

Service plans should be based on Toyota's fixed price service costs as a maximum - currently £190 for the Intermediate and £340 for the Full for the Rav4 hybrid AWD.

If you intend keeping the car for four years, will you be looking to include the 4th year service/MOT in the plan or changing the car before the 4th year service/MOT?

A three year service plan should be a maximum cost of £720 excluding MOT in the third year (2 Intermediate services, 1 Full service). A four year service plan should be a maximum of £1,060 without MOT's (2 Intermediate services and 2 Full services). One can include MOT costs as well with the 3rd and 4th year services.

The one thing a service plan does is to fix the costs over the service plan period. For example with the re-alignment of service schedules this year, costs have risen slightly. 

The MOT guarantee may be dealer specific.

once again thank you 

I have both extended warranty and a service plan on mine (2013) - so clearly I think the service plan worthwhile. The service plan allows you to pay monthly (budget) rather than find a 'lump' at service time but does mean that you will have paid in advance of the service. You also need to be able to predict your mileage if your service schedule is driven by mileage - easier if your service schedule is driven by time. I also raher like the feeling of walking away from the dealer after the service 'without paying' ... but that's probably slightly weird ... 🙂

thanks phil. Off the subject you live in a lovely part of the uk we were in Welshpool 10 years ago to collect our poodle mr darcy once again  thank you 

ps the photo on my page is missy we have two poodles 

I enquired about a service plan for 3 and 5 years and was quoted around 14% discount to take out the plan and could also pay monthly by direct debit.

Toyota have just raised there service cost but only by £5 per service. Taking out a service plan future proofs the cost as there would be no increases for the length of the plan. I will be taking out a 5 year plan with the discount saves £180. The 3 year plan saves £128 with discount.

20 minutes ago, Tomfromfife said:

Toyota have just raised there service cost but only by £5 per service.

Additionally Toyota have made changes to the service regime and taken out the Full+ service, leaving just the Intermediate and Full. See 

So longer life service items such as a spark plug change when required, will be charged for in addition to the service.