Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Verso d4d

toonmag50

I have abandoned a front brake disk renewal.

The reason is I cannot remove the disk which is rusted in place, due to the unusual large "hat" with this disk shape.

The hat is full of rust.

I have damaged the face of the existing disk by using a hammer, but controlled myself to stop the job and put the wheel back on

Any suggestions how to rid the old disk as I've never had this happen before.?

I had this on a Citroen once.  I used an angle grinder to cut a slot across the 'hat', and hammered a chisel in the slot.

Hi Andrew.

When you were looking at the discs did it have two threaded holes close to the centre of the disc, if so these on each disc, they usually are M8 threaded holes, 13mm spanner size the holes are for winding 2 bolts into, use WD40 or similar and this way should gently pull the disc away from the hub..

Regards, Mike.

6 hours ago, Mike169 said:

Hi Andrew.

When you were looking at the discs did it have two threaded holes close to the centre of the disc, if so these on each disc, they usually are M8 threaded holes, 13mm spanner size the holes are for winding 2 bolts into, use WD40 or similar and this way should gently pull the disc away from the hub..

Regards, Mike.

Thanks Mike, I did see these bolt holes and I did try putting a bolt in, but just stripped the threads on the bolt.

I will get better quality bolts and try again, but my last resort is getting a huge masonry hammer, but I am worried about breaking the disk and having a shard of metal instead of a disk!

11 hours ago, alan333 said:

I had this on a Citroen once.  I used an angle grinder to cut a slot across the 'hat', and hammered a chisel in the slot.

I like the sound of this solution, as I'm so frustrated with the job.

I know my limits, though, and will hold this very satisfying method as a last resort.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links