Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine stalling when hot if the A/C is on

RosMen

Hi,

I have a 1982 Toyota Starlet KP62 with 1200CC Toyota 3K Engine. The car has came originally came without an AC.

I have installed an aftermarket AC unit which design for 800CC car. So i'm sure there is no overload by compressor. My issue is car is running nice and smooth if the ac is not on. even if the AC on in the cold start there is no issue at all. But when the engine comes to the working temperature it dies after few min if the AC on.but i can start the engine and can run for a another few min.

Already there is an A/C idle-up vacuum switching valve installed that works with AC compressor clutch. but the issue is

I have already done the carburetor repair with the repair kit and still facing the issue.

Can some of help me from where should i start to diagnosis ?

When the car is hot and dies, i presume it's when idling, not while driving?

If yes, looks like car has low idle when warm and additional drag from the AC kills it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links