Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Add-on cruise control

Pyry

Hello, anyone install add-on cruise control by itself to Avensis 2009 (T27)? Are there any guidance in web and what is specially need to know? Thanks for help!

This seems to be easy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLyRH5eSpps

What you think could I trust for this Aliexpress product?

Best regard 

Pyry

It's just a simple switch, if you buy it from aliexpress i think you will be fine.

There are more topics on this matter on the forum, you can find them using search.

I asked local Toyota firm is it possible and they said yes. Price is 825€ inc. parts and installation. So should I do it by myself (price is 26€) or should I go to toyota (price is 825€) 😄 Too good to be true...

I have bought a 'Toyota' cruise control stalk from eBay for an Auris.  I knew beforehand it was going to be a copy.  But it was displayed as a genuine part.  I was interested in how well the packaging was cloned etc.   Also, it was only about £3 more than the cheapest, clone ones and the delivery was much, much faster.

Well, It was a copy!  The plastic casting marks on the stalk were exactly the same as all the other copies on eBay, the box it came in was a great facsimile of the real thing.  But the genuine Toyota item has different casting marks to one I received.  Also, the spring rates for the different movements are very slightly changed, and it is very, very slightly scratchy in use, but you probably would never know if you didn't have the genuine part to compare it to. 

I took it to pieces; the build inside was fine, no complaints.  It works perfectly and came complete with the short connecting lead.  The control itself works very simply by switching in 3 resistors (and a short-circuit to turn it on and off) when one of the 4 functions are selected - all the 'intelligence' is in the controller that your car already has - the module that this part connects to.

I am assuming that your car uses the same part as mine, of course.

The airbag removal needs great respect!  Definitely disconnect the 12v Battery beforehand, and go and have a cup of tea before you start; to give time for any residual voltage to dissipate. 

Don't forget that all the doors can sometimes lock themselves when you reconnect the 12v Battery afterwards - don't leave your keys inside! 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links