Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris 2007 mods

Hyperkiller

Hi there

New to the forum and the auris as a car. I'm looking to add foot well interior lights. What is the best place to wire this to would it be the internal door light ? Also wondering if anyone has replaced the handbreak with an aftermarket one and also the steering wheel 

You should have some fuses on the left side of the car, next to the lever used to open the bonnet. You can use the piggyback fuse to get the power needed from there.

As for the handbrake, you should be able to replace it fine, but you will probably need to create a special bracket so it would be able to bolt to the car.

I'm looking to use a dash cam to piggy back off the fuse aswell. What's the best fuses to use for ignition on as I want the foot well lights and the dash cam

16 hours ago, furtula said:

You should have some fuses on the left side of the car, next to the lever used to open the bonnet

On a UK Right hand drive car, the bonnet release is on the right hand side, and the fusebox may be differently located.

You can get to the fuse box from behind the glove box, pop the damper off the left side of the glove box and wiggle it out and fuse box should be right in front of you. My Dashcam is piggy backed off a fuse as you described. Take a look at the diagram in the owners manual to find something with the same amperage that powers on with ignition and use that one. 

• Thanks 1

Just another quick question. Interior and boot lights what size is the festoon bulb? Easiest way to get number plate light bulbs out?

6 minutes ago, Hyperkiller said:

Just another quick question. Interior and boot lights what size is the festoon bulb? Easiest way to get number plate light bulbs out?

Boot is a 36mm festoon, I think Osram do an LED version, not sure about interior. Number plate lights are T10, pop off the access panel on the inside of the tailgate, reach in and wiggle the bulb holder out, unplug the wire and then you can pull the cover off to get to the bulb. 

Interior lights are 30mm, which you might not be able to find, but 31mm can be squeezed in.

I do not recommend putting anything other than normal W5W lights for the license plates, unless you put silicone around it and seal it shut, or led is encades in some plastic to protect it.

During longer drivers in the rain, or wet, the moisture gets inside the lights (check the plastic, you can see it's dirty already from this).

I put 2 sets of leds there, they rusted out, or got broken in a month or two.

During summer you should be fine tho.

Cant seem to get the wires out from the back seem to be solid. Is there a clip you need to press on them before they come out ?

16 minutes ago, Hyperkiller said:

Cant seem to get the wires out from the back seem to be solid. Is there a clip you need to press on them before they come out ?

Pop the light out first then unplug it, like this.

IMG_20190511_081734.jpg

• Like 1

Ahhh do you have to squeeze from the inside on those two outer prongs?

1 minute ago, Hyperkiller said:

Ahhh do you have to squeeze from the inside on those two outer prongs?

Yeah squeeze gently and wiggle 

Sorted 👌 will give it a go in a bit.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2019 at 9:37 PM, Hyperkiller said:

Hi there

New to the forum and the auris as a car. I'm looking to add foot well interior lights. What is the best place to wire this to would it be the internal door light ? Also wondering if anyone has replaced the handbreak with an aftermarket one and also the steering wheel 

I used a piggy back fuse for footwell lights but put the negative into the switch on the b pillar that controls interior lights so they turn on when you open the door and turn off when you close it

So sub is now fitted new stereo led lights and interior lights with neo chrome gear stick. Also dash cam hard wired up and led footwell  lights are next on my to do list

20190525_102609.jpg

20190525_094607.jpg

On 5/21/2019 at 3:05 PM, kc88 said:

I used a piggy back fuse for footwell lights but put the negative into the switch on the b pillar that controls interior lights so they turn on when you open the door and turn off when you close it

Have any photos of this wiring you've done ?

On 5/27/2019 at 7:47 AM, Hyperkiller said:

Have any photos of this wiring you've done ?

Positive went into a fuse tap and negative went into the b pillar connected to the back of the black thing you see with arrow pointing to it

Hope that helps

IMAG2840.jpg

PicsArt_05-28-07.37.40.jpg

On 5/21/2019 at 3:05 PM, kc88 said:

I used a piggy back fuse for footwell lights but put the negative into the switch on the b pillar that controls interior lights so they turn on when you open the door and turn off when you close

I'm looking to add some gas bonnet struts to the front bonnet. Anyone know the size of the original and has anyone done this before ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, new guy here 🙂

Has anyone tried replacing rearlights with uplifted 2010 model ones? Is mounting the same? As far as I know there is reverse light on both sides, but that shouldn't be the biggest problem.