Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2.2 Diesel Rav4 won't strat

the fox

Any ideas anyone, 2.2 diesel 136 bhp 2007 version one owner from new. Just went sluggish on start up. Checked all earths changed the Battery for a brand new varta G7 95a, still same, removed starter motor insides like new so replaced the solenoid, it now turns over like it's brand new extremely fast, but when you hear and feel the engine start I release  the ignition key it cuts out, does this three times it starts on the third try, always started first time since new, it also throws out white smoke and you can smell un-burnt diesel, all glow plugs checked all perfect, as anyone had the same problem the Rav4 pulls and runs just like new with no other problem,

I have been told because the Battery was disconnected I may have to re-set the crank angle, I have found fuel pump synchronisation, injector compensation but can't find crank angle while using TIS Toyota  V13.00.022 Techstream anyone help please...