Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spare Wheel

Tomfromfife

Hi,

i am still waiting for my 2019 RAV4 AWD.

Does anyone know if the spare wheel well in the boot will take a full size spare?

Some advertising some time ago stated that it would have a full size spare, but the spec states a space save wheel. I notice that the boot floor panel can be lowered  so there is some space there but enough for a full size wheel and tyre?

Thanks

I have a full size spare tyre, just off to the gym to get it removed !

Sorry, could not resist Martin

• Haha 1

It looks very close.

When in the dealer a technician fetched the nearest tyre he could find to the size of the RAV4's from stores and tried it, but it was inconclusive.  It looks like it will be a very close thing with the floor in the higher position.

It will probably just about take a flat full size tyre that's been removed if the space saver is needed, but the floor may be raised ½ an inch or so.

Once my car arrives I'll ask the service manager if someone can pop it on a lift, take a wheel off and try it - if it does fit well, I'll order a matching alloy wheel and tyre and offer up my space saver here to anyone near enough to collect or meet in the middle.

This is a comparison between the temporary spare and a full size wheel.

the full size wheel and tyre diameter  appears to be 1.2” larger and 2.4” wider.

AFE92209-ABFA-4C2D-831D-CCCBC02FA0C2.jpeg

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Tomfromfife said:

the full size wheel and tyre diameter  appears to be 1.2” larger and 2.4” wider.

Hmm, from what I remember, the 2.4" extra width is going to make it very tight, maybe even slightly raise the floor by perhaps ½" or so.

I'll wait and see when we can try it when my car arrives, and report back.

I do remember when I first saw the spare thinking it must be full size, (it looked bigger than the main wheels of my Prius, although at 15" rims it's obviously very different) but then noticed the large print on the side wall "TEMPORARY.

On 5/8/2019 at 3:57 PM, Tomfromfife said:

Some advertising some time ago stated that it would have a full size spare

Depends whether it was UK spec. Generally Toyota haven't offered full size spares for a number of years in the UK.

I ordered a full size spare with my AWD which I collected May 3rd, it fits.

Anyone want an unused spacesaver?

Dave

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DaveKA said:

I ordered a full size spare with my AWD which I collected May 3rd, it fits...

Good to hear, thanks.  Does the tool tray fit ok, and the floor remain flat?

Would this unused Space Saver wheel fit my 2011 RAV4 ?

Pete B - yes the jack tray fits and the floor stays flat. Also room for my detachable tow hitch and various odds and sods.

Bobby McL - I really don’t know, I suggest you check the pitch circle diameter and the overall tyre radius specs for the two..

Dave

• Thanks 1

Does anyone have the wheel offset size for the full size 18” 2019 RAV4 wheel?

possibly ET35 or ET45 stamped on the wheel somewhere.. I can’t find the offset online or in the online manuals.