Do Not Sell My Personal Information

IQ Questions & a small gripe...

paulio1994

Hi Everyone, 

I'm 25 years old and the owner of a funky iQ that I've affectionately called Iggy Peach (Iggy because I bought him when Bowie died, and peach because it's rear end is peachy). 

I have some questions about the car if anyone can help that would be awesome!

1. Does the car autolock if you don't get in the car after getting in? Mine seems to lock itself if I don't get in the car after 20-30 seconds, but then sometimes it doesn't? 

2. Does anyone know the parts/know-how to add a USB port to one of the 4 slots where the VSC button is? I've seen a picture before for and iPod module, would love to add it! I have a bluetooth receiver that sucks. 

3. Failing the above - does anyone have any recommendations for a bluetooth kit? One that has a button for me to change music preferably? (like to keep my mobile tucked away whilst I'm driving so there's no temptation) 

I also have a gripe...

Why are the gearboxes so shoddy on these cars? I've just had to spend £700 on getting a new gearbox and clutch fitted! The synchromesh in third has failed and now I can't get into third gear, has anyone else had this problem? 

Also hoping a new clutch will partly remedy the infamous 2000 RPM vibration issue. 

Cheers - Paul 

2 hours ago, paulio1994 said:

Hi Everyone, 

I'm 25 years old and the owner of a funky iQ that I've affectionately called Iggy Peach (Iggy because I bought him when Bowie died, and peach because it's rear end is peachy). 

I have some questions about the car if anyone can help that would be awesome!

1. Does the car autolock if you don't get in the car after getting in? Mine seems to lock itself if I don't get in the car after 20-30 seconds, but then sometimes it doesn't? 

2. Does anyone know the parts/know-how to add a USB port to one of the 4 slots where the VSC button is? I've seen a picture before for and iPod module, would love to add it! I have a Bluetooth receiver that sucks. 

3. Failing the above - does anyone have any recommendations for a Bluetooth kit? One that has a button for me to change music preferably? (like to keep my mobile tucked away whilst I'm driving so there's no temptation) 

I also have a gripe...

Why are the gearboxes so shoddy on these cars? I've just had to spend £700 on getting a new gearbox and clutch fitted! The synchromesh in third has failed and now I can't get into third gear, has anyone else had this problem? 

Also hoping a new clutch will partly remedy the infamous 2000 RPM vibration issue. 

Cheers - Paul 

With regards to 1 my 59 plate iQ3 autolocks if you unlock it and then do not open a door. I have never timed how long it takes.

Wit regards to the gripe my iQ3 (which I have had from new) is still on its original clutch and gearbox at 73000 miles. How many miles has yours done?

Only just 70,000 miles - I've put 30,000 on since I bought the car. 

Toyota is famed for it's reliability, but I'm honestly a little shocked the gearbox has just went. He even said he has a hilux that he's now put 300,000 miles on with the same gearbox. 

I don't especially rag the car either, I love the acceleration in first gear - nobody expects it to be so quick off the mark haha. 

30 minutes ago, paulio1994 said:

Only just 70,000 miles - I've put 30,000 on since I bought the car. 

Toyota is famed for it's reliability, but I'm honestly a little shocked the gearbox has just went.

Then again, as a used purchase, you probably have no idea how a 10 year old car was used/abused by the previous owner/s. On the IQ forum there are only a handful of topics re faulty gearboxes.