Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla Hybrid Media System

Chattacks

I've just had a play with the system and am confused..but hopeful 🙂

I pressed the shuffle button once then pressed 'next track' to see what would happen. And just got a message telling me it was updating the track listing. Eventually it was prepared to go to the next track and appeared to be 'stuck' on one album.

So I pressed the shuffle button again (or at least until the folder icon appeared). Then pressed 'next track'. This time there was no delay and it seemed to be moving through the albums.

Then I noticed that the shuffle icon was no longer lit.

At that point it had started playing a particularly good Stevie Nicks album (is there any other kind?) so I've left it there.

I'm hoping that perhaps the shuffle button reorders the play list and once shuffled has nothing more to do. That's a slightly unusual way of operating and doesn't really fit in with what the manual says:

"Each time  is selected, the mode changes as follows: • random (1 folder/album random)  folder/album random (all folder/album random)  off"

but if it works then good.

25 minutes ago, AndrueC said:

Yup, I've also noticed that 2D default. Also - I'm not convinced that it's getting traffic information. The window alongside the map never seems to show anything (I assume it should be like TomTom or Copilot and show events ahead). I haven't used it much and to be fair it has once or twice claimed to be recalculating the route based on traffic information but I'm intrigued where it's getting it from. The manual talks about a DCM (nope - we don't get that in the UK) or HD Radio (nope pretty sure no stations broadcast that in the UK).

I tried both the first shuffle mode and the second shuffle mode (the 2nd one has a folder icon) and they seemed to just play tracks from different albums. But I can live with unshuffled for now.

As regards a more detailed manual I've found the Entune PDF for the 2020 Corolla on their site (in the same place as the car's manual) but nothing else.

Andrue, here is the one I got.  In this one it talks about TMC which is via FM.  Another thing I have noticed is if the radio is on DAB you do not get traffic alerts, you only get them if you have it in FM.

Toyota_Touch.pdf

6 minutes ago, Sidrat said:

Andrue, here is the one I got.

Toyota_Touch.pdf 44.02 MB · 0 downloads

Yup, that's the one I have. It's not terribly clear on a lot of things - like setting up the home screen:

"The display information/area on the home screen can be changed. 1 Press the “SETUP” button.  If the general settings screen is not displayed, select “General”. 2 Select “Customise home screen”. 3 Select the items to be set. Select to change the display information and area on the home screen."

It seems to do nothing that I can tell.

Edit: Ah, yes it does. It allows you to choose which out of (ECO, AUDIO, PHONE, CLOCK) appears in the small left panels.

Interestingly when I started the infotainment system this time I got the 'Updating track listing' or whatever it was message. But it started playing the same track so hopefully it's doing what I want.

3 minutes ago, AndrueC said:

Yup, that's the one I have. It's not terribly clear on a lot of things - like setting up the home screen:

"The display information/area on the home screen can be changed. 1 Press the “SETUP” button.  If the general settings screen is not displayed, select “General”. 2 Select “Customise home screen”. 3 Select the items to be set. Select to change the display information and area on the home screen."

It seems to do nothing that I can tell.

Was editing as you did your reply, see again about the DAB and traffic alerts.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, AndrueC said:

A friend has just bought a Nissan Juke and if she has DAB selected whenever a traffic announcement comes through it switches to FM so you get it, when finished it switches back to DAB!

1 hour ago, Sidrat said:

Andrue, here is the one I got.  In this one it talks about TMC which is via FM.  Another thing I have noticed is if the radio is on DAB you do not get traffic alerts, you only get them if you have it in FM.

Toyota_Touch.pdf 44.02 MB · 2 downloads

or you can get them via internet (provided by Tomtom) which tends to be better than via TMC

Had a call today from Toyota and dealership, there is a bug with the nav system retaining the 3D setting.  Dealer is currently downloading an update and will apply it to their demonstrator, if that fixes it they will then have me in to update mine.  Contact your dealers about updating your systems!

• Thanks 2

So it's back to the iPod I go. This morning the audio powered on by itself but then appeared to be unable to start playing. Or at least it was stalled at the end of a track. Eventually I persuaded it to continue. It did the same thing again tonight. And then when it got to the end of the current album it started playing the previous album again.

Now I do like a bit of Stevie Nicks but with several hundred other albums on the USB device I have to question the concept of 'random'.

In any case I prefer to drive with the audio screen showing so I have to touch the infotainment screen once to activate that so what's one extra touch to select the iPod?

But it would appear that I've uncovered various bugs in the infotainment system. Quelle surprise. Better the devil you know, I feel.

32 minutes ago, AndrueC said:

But it would appear that I've uncovered various bugs in the infotainment system. 

hopefully you will feed those back so that they can fix them.

53 minutes ago, Heidfirst said:

hopefully you will feed those back so that they can fix them.

I might. Unfortunately as a software developer I have a jaded attitude toward hardware manufacturers. My expectation of Toyota caring, let alone bothering to fix them is minimal. But we'll see how I feel tomorrow.

2 hours ago, AndrueC said:

I might. Unfortunately as a software developer I have a jaded attitude toward hardware manufacturers. My expectation of Toyota caring, let alone bothering to fix them is minimal. 

Well, if you don't report bugs then you can't complain about it in the future ... 😛

Imo Toyota do care. & bearing in mind that Toyota don't manufacture the system, it's bought in ... they too are a customer.

If Apple play and android auto are release can they be installed via internet or does the dealer have to install them with Toyota software

Until it comes to fruition we won't know.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2019 at 5:17 PM, Sidrat said:

Had a call today from Toyota and dealership, there is a bug with the nav system retaining the 3D setting.  Dealer is currently downloading an update and will apply it to their demonstrator, if that fixes it they will then have me in to update mine.  Contact your dealers about updating your systems!

Went in to dealership today to see when the update for the satnav bug will be in, they are waiting for a USB stick to arrive with it on then they will be getting in touch, no estimate of when it will be though.

HI,

I haven't got my Corolla yet, but was wondering, when you are playing music via usb memory stick, does the album art stay displayed while driving? I ask because in the US due to government restriction, their cars does not show the album art whist driving, just a generic picture with a music note. Once the handbrake is applied the album art returns.

Thanks

Koush

1 hour ago, Koush said:

HI,

I haven't got my Corolla yet, but was wondering, when you are playing music via usb memory stick, does the album art stay displayed while driving? I ask because in the US due to government restriction, their cars does not show the album art whist driving, just a generic picture with a music note. Once the handbrake is applied the album art returns.

Thanks

Koush

If the artwork has been downloaded with the song track, it will display. Well, it does on mine.
If no artwork is present, the generic music note will be shown instead.

• 1 month later...

Just received my 2.0 TS last friday. Went for a small trip to a beach North of Lisbon and tried to discover the car and infotainment system on the go. Paired it with my Nokia 7.1 (android one) almost immediately and was able to:

• make and receive phone calls, have full and fast access to my phone contacts list, add the wife and kids phone to favourites screen.
  • have access to my spotify account to play music without any effort, just by choosing the bluetooth device on the source menu.
  • Discover that the manufacturer of the system is Panasonic (not a real surprise, though).

Wasn't able to:

• Register the multimedia system at myToyota app (mine isn't equiped with gps/"go")
  • use mirror link even when using a mirror link enabled app like "Sygic car navigation"

On 6/22/2019 at 5:19 PM, Sidrat said:

Went in to dealership today to see when the update for the satnav bug will be in, they are waiting for a USB stick to arrive with it on then they will be getting in touch, no estimate of when it will be though.

I will contact my dealer as well to see if they have an update that fixes the map always in 2D!

Question is what other things are fixed in this update!  Maybe @Devon Aygo might know if allowed to share? 🙂

2 hours ago, JoaoM said:
  • Discover that the manufacturer of the system is Panasonic (not a real surprise, though).

Interesting if they have moved from Harman.

3 hours ago, bewA said:

I will contact my dealer as well to see if they have an update that fixes the map always in 2D!

Question is what other things are fixed in this update!  Maybe @Devon Aygo might know if allowed to share? 🙂

It seems the update won't be available until sometime in the Autumn, October was mentioned!

That sounds like the typical timescale for the Autumn maps update. However, Devon Aygo has previously said that they have now separated the software & mapping updates so that they could speed up fixes ...

I also have a question about Android bluetooth paring. I'm getting the no signal issue while pairing my Nokia 7 Plus (Android 9) about 95% of the time (I'm able to share music after it is paired). Here is the picture of how the issue is displayed on media screen. While that is the case, I can't make any outgoing calls when trying to dial out from the car media screen but if I receive a call from anyone the car media screen displayed that normally (have in mind that the actual contacts are not displayed, but only the number is shown. Even if I have that number saved in the contacts list, only the number will be displayed on the media screen).

Does anyone else have this issue? Is it my phone or the car media center? I'm guessing it's my phone because my wife's iPhone has no issues with that. 

IMG_20190810_091426.jpg

I also have a question about Android bluetooth paring. I'm getting the no signal issue while pairing my Nokia 7 Plus (Android 9) about 95% of the time (I'm able to share music after it is paired). Here is the picture of how the issue is displayed on media screen. While that is the case, I can't make any outgoing calls when trying to dial out from the car media screen but if I receive a call from anyone the car media screen displayed that normally (have in mind that the actual contacts are not displayed, but only the number is shown. Even if I have that number saved in the contacts list, only the number will be displayed on the media screen).

Does anyone else have this issue? Is it my phone or the car media center? I'm guessing it's my phone because my wife's iPhone has no issues with that. 
IMG_20190810_091426.thumb.jpg.8c4d14a56a816f0b5c6f98427c640b65.jpg
I have also the no signal issue ( mi A1 ) mostly when starting the car from an area with no signal. It seems to me to be a bug of the TT2 system that will not update signal power after a loss.

Inviato dal mio Mi A1 utilizzando Tapatalk