Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear fog light

Moshmosh

Hi Toyoters,

I am new to the forum here and look forward for your kind help and support. I have just received my imported Estima 2.4 cc, 8 seaters model 2006 from Japan. The car failed MOT because of the red rear fog light. I have seen many car in the streets without the fog light. My question please, from where can I get one and how much will it cost to get it fitted please? Any recommendation and advice will be highly appreciated. Thanks 

Moved to the Estima club.

Many thanks for your kind reply and nice welcome greetings. Yes, it does not have one and I have to get it fixed to pass the MOT.

Welcome, some owners have the rear fog incorporated within the rear lights some are hung just below the rear bumper. Mine has been fitted into the bumper which looks better than hanging down.

Thanks Tony for your input. I need to do like you. Where did you buy the kit please? Was it easy to be fitted in the middle of the bumper

Hi Mohamed, if you fitting yourself you best be aware of the legislation re where to fit a single (or two) rear fog lights. Fit in the wrong position and you could fail the MOT again. see below....

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1989/1796/schedule/11/made

Hi Mohamed, the importer/ dealer fitted the light so can't help with that. I've included a picture so you can see it.

image.jpeg

Like Tony, mine is fitted into the rear bumper....I simply took the fog light already on the vehicle (fitted on  bracket under the bumper), cut a suitable hole in the bumper and refitted it..it has passed the MOT twice since with no problems.

foglight.jpg

Thank you all for your kind assistance.

• 2 years later...

Hi Moshmosh,

Can you tell me how did you solve your rear fog lamp problem. I've got a similar one.

Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed an Estima a couple of days ago (13 reg) which did not have a fog light hanging out from the underside of the rear bumper, but also noticed that the two rear reflectors were lit up!

Is this the new style bumper on later models - to make those active lights rather than  passive "dumb" reflectors? I wonder if so, whether they additionally incorporated the fog lights into them or whether they are now part of the rear light cluster.

Does anyone have a 13-reg or higher who can shed light on this?

Thanks al!! 🙂 

Up to end of production they had a fog light option from the factory as pictured above,

81483-28050

81483-28060

81483-28810

All 3 parts required

They are reflectors, it must have been a reflection

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 3/16/2022 at 12:56 PM, Tee_J said:

I noticed an Estima a couple of days ago (13 reg) which did not have a fog light hanging out from the underside of the rear bumper, but also noticed that the two rear reflectors were lit up!

Is this the new style bumper on later models - to make those active lights rather than  passive "dumb" reflectors? I wonder if so, whether they additionally incorporated the fog lights into them or whether they are now part of the rear light cluster.

Does anyone have a 13-reg or higher who can shed light on this?

Thanks al!! 🙂 

Just reclaimed one of my reversing lights as it was being used as a fog light with a red LED inside. Reversing in pitch black countryside in france I need both reversing lights and twice as bright LED's compared to filament lamps to see safely.

Replaced the old reflectors with LED fog/stop lights but only using the fog part.

Rear fog light.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links