Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"strange to me" Metal Sheets on/under Prius PHEV 2012 ?

HSDish

What is those metal sheets on/under an Prius PHEV 2012 for? (pictured on my computer)

prius plåtarDSC_0664.JPG

Talked to the seller on the Phone now ( find out they where open at saturdays) and it seems to be an (incomplete) holder/carrier for bicycles (theres a mark on the rear fender that "says" that something  has been carried)

Left side looks like a mount for a standard trailer connector, so yes probably a bike carrier.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, QuantumFireball said:

Left side looks like a mount for a standard trailer connector, so yes probably a bike carrier.

Thanks!

Prius PHEV gen1/3 is not so easy to find around my area.

This one is an 2012 Prius PHEV with 134000 km about 83263.73976 miles on the clock.

Do I dare to buy a Prius PHEV at that age and milage ?

Sold by a non Toyota, but actoriced/serious Nissan/Citroen dealer

Ill try to check it this afternoon

Mine's a 2012 with about 110k km, still going OK though it's probably lost a bit of EV range over the years. I wouldn't consider that particularly high mileage in your example. I don't know where you are, but in Ireland and the UK Toyota will maintain the Battery warranty up to 10 years with annual inspections.

PS Toyota's nomenclature is to use separate generations for the plug-ins, so 2012-2016 is the Gen 1 Prius Plug-in, not Gen 3 🙂 Or ZVW35 if you want to get technical.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, QuantumFireball said:

Mine's a 2012 with about 110k km, still going OK though it's probably lost a bit of EV range over the years. I wouldn't consider that particularly high mileage in your example. I don't know where you are, but in Ireland and the UK Toyota will maintain the battery warranty up to 10 years with annual inspections.

PS Toyota's nomenclature is to use separate generations for the plug-ins, so 2012-2016 is the Gen 1 Prius Plug-in, not Gen 3 🙂 Or ZVW35 if you want to get technical.

Thanks again for Your very valuable opinion !!!

49 minutes ago, QuantumFireball said:

I don't know where you are, but in Ireland and the UK Toyota will maintain the battery warranty up to 10 years with annual inspections.

Now up to 15 years in the UK - https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/warranty/toyota-warranty

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/13/2019 at 2:13 PM, FROSTYBALLS said:

On 5/13/2019 at 1:23 PM, QuantumFireball said:

Mine's a 2012 with about 110k km, still going OK though it's probably lost a bit of EV range over the years. I wouldn't consider that particularly high mileage in your example. I don't know where you are, but in Ireland and the UK Toyota will maintain the battery warranty up to 10 years with annual inspections.

I'm in Sweden and I know that we have at least 10 years but I'm unsertain about 15