Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris 2003 T3 very bad on fuel

FVD

Hi guys!

First of all, i apologize for my broken english.

I bought recently a toyota yaris 2003 1.0 vvti t3 with 54k miles.

I'll start straight with the problem.

Is very bad on fuel. Sometimes is acting lime it should 42-50 (i am doing delivery) but most of the time is acting weird, i feel lack of power when i move, (i know that is a small engine) almost dying sometimes and is not going over 40 mpg, even if i drive like a granny is showing 32-37.

Also i hear a noise when is in (any)gear. Louder when i press the pedal.

I know is an old car and is normal to hear some weird noises but the fuel consumtion really concerns me because i'm working as a delivery driver.

Thank you so much for your answers.

F.

Not sure if this is any help but we get 34mpg from an 04 1.3 auto. This is urbam mileage only.

• Like 1

You can try to reset the ECU. Disconnect negative Battery cable for 10 minutes, reconnect, let car idle for 10 minutes (this is important), then go for a drive.

It would be nice to replace spark plugs and air filter on it, should help.

• Like 1

I used to have a 1.0 Mk1 and it would only do about 38mpg urban mpg. It was better on a longer run and could achieve over 50mpg in those cases, but for stop start driving round town, then 38 - 40mpg is all that can be expected. My 1.3 that I have now is lucky to get 33mpg used for urban driving.

The loud noise when pressing the accelerator could be the exhaust blowing, and this would cause loss of power and increased fuel consumption too.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links